shape
carat
color
clarity

Vegas Proposal -

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
Well 10 days to go...and counting...till my big trip to Vegas. Our trip has been in the works since the summer and one of her best friend and her husband is coming along as well as one of my best friend and his girlfriend. What my gf and her best friend doesnt know is that Ill be proposing to my gf! Our week is pretty much planned out due to the busy season of new years holidays in vegas...shows to Celine...Cirque du soleil booked...new years reservations booked. But on the day of the proposal, we''ll be dinning in one of Paris Hotels dinning room as part of the Romance Package. Her best friend is also staying at the same hotel with the same package. Since everything is so planned out, this is the only ''free'' day where we havent booked shows or have other reservations. Should I be dinning alone with my gf or with her best friend as well? I was thinking of some private time with her before my proposal. But how do I get the other couple to sit away from us? Itll be just silly to sit separately but be in visual range of a few tables away...or heck...it could be the next table! As I said before....there are no other days to have this dinner...hmm. After dinner, We take a stroll down the strip to a series of multimedia screen where images of us are shown of our times together to music. The ''special'' message will appear and i will propose to her. I know this is very public but shes used to being in the public eye (been on tv/radio). Ive read the whole public vs private and most of you have said private. Am I blowing it going public? Later that night our room will be adorned with rose petals and champange....with breakfast in bed the next morning.
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally do not like proposals in restaurants. They just aren''t me. Vegas has so many great places/ways you could propose that just seems so ordinary. My FI proposed in private (on the beach) BUT with my family there and for us it was perfect. In fact that night we ALL went out to dinner. I guess my FI and I have been together so long and have the rest of our lives to spend together I don''t mind sharing him. So you could either propose before dinner and all eat together or later in the room. It will be perfect for her no matter what. This IS what she is waiting for I promise. Just do what it right for you.

My FI said his first proposal plan was going to be in Vegas (in the Venitian) and have our families fly out secretly and show up (like in that diamond commercial). That would have been cute too but I like how he did it on my parent''s beach so someday with our kids I can point to the spot where it happened. We obviously spend more time there than Vegas. (which might not be a good thing
2.gif
)

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your thoughts Tacori.

My proposal was going to be after the dinner on the strip. I intend to project our pictures of our times together on a giant monitor to music. During this time, I was going to propose to her.

I guess what i was trying to figure out if I should have a quiet dinner together alone...and the proposal afterwards...would be pretty public.

So if this is the moment for her...is the public display ok? I guess thats up to me to figure out.

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Um from someone who is a little more "I love to be the center of attention once and awhile ..."

I love the idea. I think you should go to dinner with all of you first (so it really will be a surprise, otherwise its kind of awkward) but after dinner the others can kind of "step out of the picture if you know what I mean.)

I saw something like this but with the pictures in Times Square. I loved it, loved it, and if she is the type to be on camera ... she might like the public proposal too!! And to diffuse it a little, its only public to the people who happen to be outside, its not a captive audience.

Again, I personally think its a good idea, but its not really about what I think, its about what your future fiance would want!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
well- i just returned from vegas - were i was proposed to.
we actually stayed at the paris hotel.

first, i'll give you my opinions, then post my proposal.

i don't think i would propose during dinner with your friends there. if it were me, i wouldn't want to share those special words with other people, just my SO. maybe if the friends were nearby and your GF wouldn't notice. and maybe that way they can take pics of the event. then again, i agree with tacori- there are SO MANY awesome, romantic places in Vegas- i just don't think i'd do it at dinner.

also- although the huge screen message sounds cool, i just don't know if it's realistic.
you mentioned just having one day free, you'd need some time to arrange this.

here's my proposal:

we had a romance package set up at the venetian on our last day in vegas. it included a outdoor gondola ride, dinner at zefferino's-the italian restaurant overlooking the grand canal at the venetian, and tickets to madame trussaud's wax museum. It was right before lunch and we headed to the gondola ride. we fortunately got one with just the two of us (usually it's 4 to the gondola). we were almost at the end and we were trying to take a picture of ourselves on the gondola. so, the gondolier offered to take the picture of the two of us. when i turned around to get the camera back the gondolier didn't seem to want to give it to me. i didn't know what was going on, but he did! so when i turned around, kacey was down on one knee on the gondola. he said his thing and i said yes. the gondolier shouted "she said yes," and the crowd clapped. when we got the camera back we realized that the gondolier had taken pictures of the whole thing!!! it was awesome. here's a picture after the proposal.

if you have any questions, feel free to ask away, and i'll do my best to remember and help out! good luck!

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
Seattle sparkle: Good Idea to have them at dinner...it wont arouse suspicions

jcrow: Ive already talked to the people resonsible for the screen. I just need to decide in 2 days if I really want to do this. We''ve worked out the details and so on. Its jjust a matter of sending them the pictures and they will throw it together. I can even preview it before it actually airs. I just tell them what time, on presto its on screen (cross fingers) Its just a matter of diveriting my gf towards that direction for a ''stroll'' at night on the strip. Hopefully it wont be too cold at this time of year.

Great proposal jcrow. I thought about the venitian as well...

Waited2Long

Shiny_Rock
I thought the idea was awesome, but I''m not a LIW or even an L for that matter, so don''t go by my opinion. I think it would work well if the sequence was long enough for everyone around you to catch on and clap when she says yes. Conversely, it would kind of backfire if no one around knew what was going on, like those folks who always step in front of a camera right as the picture is being taken (we''ve all done it--OOPS!). It would be awesome to get it all on film too.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Well, the romantic in me thinks it''s a spectacular idea, but for me personally I would DIE of embarrassment!!!
32.gif
I am a VERY emotional person, someone who dreamed of being proposed to all my life. So, I knew that when it happened I needed it to be in an intimate setting, with no one else around. We didn''t even call people to announce our engagement until our weekend getaway was over! But, that''s just me. As others have said, if your girlfriend does not mind being in the spotlight I say go for it! Just keep in mind that this is a personal moment and she may not want to have tons of people staring at her (I don''t mind speaking before thousands of people for my job or being on TV for work but I don''t like to have people''s attention unless it''s absolutely necessary). If she doesn''t mind that sort of thing I think it''s a fabulous way to propose!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Could we possibly have a peek at the ring....with the spec of course.

You can count on you friends here at PS to keep a secret!
35.gif

best wishes blod

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
cool- glad you have it all lined up.

so, i thought more about this. i am so NOT a public attention person AT ALL. however, in Vegas no one knows you- so it''s a tad different. i think i wouldn''t have minded the big screen thing.

i just would find a way for people to photograph the event. that''s one of my favorite parts about our proposal- the photos. so few people have pics of their proposal. having friends there- i''d put them to use.

oh- and ours was done during the day. i think he wanted at night, but looking back we are happy it happened during the day. i don''t think the pics would have come out as well - if at all- at night. and, i was able to enjoy being engaged the rest of the day, rather than going to bed after. another good thing about a day proposal- we called everyone and it was nice that they were awake. i don''t know if you would call people to share the good news, or if there''s a time differnce- but there was for us.

HTH.

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
Waited2Long: The sequence is three min. long. eek! Is that too long? I guess I should wear knee pads? hehe
3.gif
The area will be big enough so hopefully people wont be rude to step in front...especially when one is on ones knees
1.gif

Researcher: Im hoping that it doesnt backfire! Not too many people knows about the engagement other than some coworker and my best friend. But...theres a pool at my gf office with her coworkers as to when she''ll get proposed to in vegas!
23.gif
So hopefully she wont be in complete shock and emotional
23.gif

Blodthecat: Ive posted the ring here https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-here.37393/= or just look at my avatar
1.gif

jcrow: Yeah itll be public but very public...its a new venture for the people doing it...they kinda want to use me as a model for future promotions. Its kinda sad in a way, even though ''im the first one to do it'', they want to have actual media there and promote this to the public
23.gif
. In the future I believe they want to make a ''Ready to Propose?" Try this for $9.95!
23.gif
Well, Im glad Im the first one...kinda shocking to hear that...but you guys may see the proposal before I do on the news!
23.gif

Yeah Day would be good for the overall shot but at night...the images would stand out more. As the images are showing, with my selected song...and if there is time after I propose (3 min and ticking) I want a short dance with her ''under the stars''
1.gif
Gosh...now that I think that there may be people watching....I think i have two left feet!
23.gif

My best friend said i should do it...what do i have to loose? hmmm...well ony 24 hours to decide but ive compiled everything...and ready to be sent over the internet. Funny...my whole experience wouldnt be possible without the internet from my ering purchase to booking show tickets to arranging my proposal.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
how silly am i?? yeh- i didn''t think about night allowing the screen to pop with color.

you may have said already, but- which screen are you using-- where?

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
jcrow...i gotta have some secrets dont I?
28.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
just trying to picture it- that''s all.

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
jcrow : i see. as the clock ticks down to the deadline...im hoping i make the right choice instead of the canal gondola.....

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
either way- it''s going to be great. you two will have a fabulous trip and come back engaged.

do be aware- people may overwelmingly ask if you two got married.
or- maybe that was just my experience. it sorta sucked. and what''s worse, i would never dream of marring in vegas on such sudden notice.
we made phone calls saying we have some exciting news. everyone said either- are you rich? or- did you get married?
i guess they were trying to be funny.

oh!! such an exciting time!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh- and another thing i liked about the gondola proposal- ( not to steer you away ) is that it was private and public all at the same time. it was private because it was just me and the gondolier that heard those sweet proposal words, not the whole area of people. but those around got to see and clap once they figured out what was going on. and you friends could take pics of the two of you on the boat from the bridge and what not.

if you do go this route, and you just want the two of you in the gondola, it''s i think $25 more- unless no one else comes in line after you.

however- I don''t think i''d pass up the opportunity to be the FIRST to propose in Vegas on that screen! How cool is that???!

you MUST post pics of the event!!

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
jcrow: true, i share that sentiment as well. I would never consider getting married in Vegas...but you''re right...the question will come up...did u get married in vegas? Or the next phase of questions..."So, when are you going to get married?"

If i get rich...Im not coming back...and making some vendors on here pretty happy
1.gif

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
jcrow: like i said...it might be in the news before i get to see it! They want to ''hype'' it up...marketing and promotion...I guess thats to be expected in Vegas....

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
Now Im just wondering if i should do it just at sunset so there will be a decent background still visible? Or completly at night...where everthing will be floodlit anyways. I hoping my best friend can take some pretty good movies with his camcorder. Is it silly to bring a bottle of sparkly to celebrate on the strip? Have my buddy pack a few glasses and toast after the proposal?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2005 12:14:45 PM
Author: HeeBeeGB
Now Im just wondering if i should do it just at sunset so there will be a decent background still visible? Or completly at night...where everthing will be floodlit anyways. I hoping my best friend can take some pretty good movies with his camcorder. Is it silly to bring a bottle of sparkly to celebrate on the strip? Have my buddy pack a few glasses and toast after the proposal?

hum- well when we went for thanksgiving- night time was very chilly and windy.
i would definitely bring bubbly!

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
its a good thing they allow open bottle on the strip! but not like it would of mattered anyways
1.gif

i hope its not windy that night.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2005 12:31:52 PM
Author: HeeBeeGB
its a good thing they allow open bottle on the strip! but not like it would of mattered anyways
1.gif

i hope its not windy that night.

too funny! where i''m from open containers are allowed too. It seems silly to be banned to me.

i hope it''s not windy either.

oh! i bet you can''t wait!! i am getting excited for you!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I still think you should do it (it''d be one of a kind!!) But I wouldn''t spend all three minutes on your knees, you might not be able to walk later ... and can you do it for shorter, 3 minutes is actually a long time. That''s an entire song .... can you cut it down a bit? Oh man, if this is a promotion and you don''t decide to go this route, can you give my SO that the option is open?
face23.gif

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
jcrow: yeah i cant wait...youve seen my other thread How do you keep it a secret!
1.gif

Seattlesparkle: Sure if it doesnt pan out for me you can use it
1.gif
The reason Ive chosen this specific spot is because of the nature of our profession...its a great combination of occupation in one spot.

So the ''theme'' of our presentation is "Jouney" where i will post pics on the screen of our times in anaheim, NY, Vegas, and camping... I thought about not using Will you Marry me but "Will you travel with my heart forever wherever our journeys may take us?" Or is that too cheesy for a big screen presentation?

carlsbad

Rough_Rock
Hey just read the thread, sounds like a great idea! I live in Vegas so you should know its pretty cold here in the winter(relatively). It's 47 right now at 1:45am. and it starts to get dark around 4:30-4:45pm, pretty early. Hope that info helps some. Good luck, I think you have a great idea.

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
carlsbad...yeah thanks...helps a bunch...know enough now to make sure mf has a sweater or a jacket.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ohh and a cute scarf- i wore the heck out of my pashmina while i was there.

yall are going to have such an awesome time!

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
jcrow: thanks :)

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
2 more days and ticking!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results