shape
carat
color
clarity

vc10um's Engagement Pictures...Take 2!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
So, some of you may remember that FI and I did our engagement photos with our wedding photographer in Kansas City back in August (those pictures can be found here). But! I bought a Groupon shortly before FI and I got engaged for an additional session with Erin Scott Photography in DC. Best.Idea.EVAR. I booked a shoot during the DC Cherry Blossom Festival about 8 months in advance, and thanks to a ton of research, we managed to get our shots the day after peak bloom (when 70% of the blossoms are open)!!! The weather was chilly and a bit damp, but it managed to keep the tourists away, so we had the Tidal Basin to ourselves! But it certainly didn't stop the 8th grade tour groups who followed us around the FDR making "ooooooo" noises and kissy faces at us! :lol: So without further ado...I present, Cherry Blossom picture OVERLOAD!

cbf04.jpg

cbf03bw.jpg

cbf02.jpg

cbf01.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
And more...

cbf08.jpg

cbf07bw.jpg

cbf06.jpg

cbf05bw.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
...bored yet??? :saint:

cbf12.jpg

cbf11.jpg

cbf10bw.jpg

cbf09.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
...and here's some more!

cbf16.jpg

cbf15.jpg

cbf14bw.jpg

cbf13.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
...ooo, look! MORE! :bigsmile:

cbf20.jpg

cbf19bw.jpg

cbf18.jpg

cbf17.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
LAST ONE...Promise!!! :D

cbf21.jpg

cbf23bw.jpg

cbf22.jpg

cbf20.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Your pictures are incredible!!

I can't even begin to pick a favorite. You two look so happy.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, OU!!! Talk about happy...how about YOU girl!?!? I can NOT wait to see YOUR pictures when it's time!!! :love: :appl: :bigsmile:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Darn it. I just realized I double-posted one of the pics. Which means I missed one!

Bonus picture! :appl:

cbf24.jpg

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I've told you this before, but I love these pictures soooo much. All the love, all the cuteness, all the flowers. Total win.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
How beautiful! I love the cherry blossoms! I always loved going to DC around this time of year.

I live in the KC area currently (although we're moving this summer) and am waffling on an engagement session. I might have to look into your first photographer.

P.S. Love your nails!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Love love love love love love LOVE! these pictures.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
merilenda|1303918640|2906206 said:
How beautiful! I love the cherry blossoms! I always loved going to DC around this time of year.

I live in the KC area currently (although we're moving this summer) and am waffling on an engagement session. I might have to look into your first photographer.

P.S. Love your nails!

Thanks, merilenda! If you're interested in Sarah, I'd book NOW, her summer is filling up at lightning speed! If you can't snag her, I would check out Mike Tsai at 4honor photography. Sarah frequently works with him, and he will be the second shooter for my wedding! As for my nails...Sally Hansen's one coat polish in Lovely Lilac (or something of the like)...and that really is only one coat in those pics!

Princesss...thank you, gorgeous! :bigsmile:

SB...I like winning. :D I try to win as often as possible.

A

Anonymous

Oh my they turned out great! You two are adorable together! :bigsmile: You're making me regret not getting e-photos! hehe

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pictures! How nice that there were no crowds around in the background on the day of your shoot.

Merilenda, another option for photographers in the D.C. area is Michael Bonfigli. DH and I love our wedding pictures. Michael did a great job and was very easy to work with.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
tammy77|1303923470|2906284 said:
Oh my they turned out great! You two are adorable together! :bigsmile: You're making me regret not getting e-photos! hehe

It's never too late!

Love em VC!! You already knew that, though. :naughty:

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
vc10um said:
merilenda|1303918640|2906206 said:

P.S. Love your nails!

Thanks, merilenda! If you're interested in Sarah, I'd book NOW, her summer is filling up at lightning speed! If you can't snag her, I would check out Mike Tsai at 4honor photography. Sarah frequently works with him, and he will be the second shooter for my wedding! As for my nails...Sally Hansen's one coat polish in Lovely Lilac (or something of the like)...and that really is only one coat in those pics!

Princesss...thank you, gorgeous! :bigsmile:

SB...I like winning. :D I try to win as often as possible.

Wow, I can't believe that's one coat!

I wasn't planning on engagement photos, but I'm kind of thinking now that I really want to do it. I have a childhood friend who's a photographer back in my hometown. I've seen her work online, and it's lovely. But then I kind of wonder if it would be awkward to have photos taken by someone you kind of know, but you haven't been friends with since 5th grade. Like, there would be some pressure to know each other when you really don't. I almost feel like I'd rather just go with someone I don't know.

I might email Sarah and find out what her availability is like! We're pretty flexible until we move later in the summer.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
rhbgirl24|1303929971|2906375 said:
They are beautiful! I love the last set where you two are surrounded by the blossoms!

Thanks! That was actually my FI's idea, and I am SO glad he piped up about it at the end of the session! I had such a tough time getting him out of his shell for the first round of pics, but after we finished this one and we were headed back to the car, it only took 2 seconds for me to go, "YOU had FUN, didn't you!??" He sorta snickered and giggled and said he did! So I'm hoping he'll be just as relaxed during wedding pictures!!!

Thanks mp and sunnyd!

tammy...Thanks! And sunnyd is right...it's never too late! Doooooo iiiiiitttt!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww you two are so cute together vc!!

Awesome pics ::) I especially like cbf11 - it's like she really just happen on you laughing together :))

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i'm obsessed. i love them. awesome awesome awesome.

awesome.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful couple and STUNNING backdrop!!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Yssie, Amys Bling, and charbie!!!

Oh, and Miss charbie...congratulations on TEAM PINK! (Yes, I lurk in the preggo thread...)

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
I love those photos. They kept getting better and better! The ones where you are enveloped in white flowers are absolutely amazing!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to let you know that I emailed Sarah and that she said she could get us in for an engagement session! We just need to decide on a general timeframe and she'll send us a list of available days. I'm thinking maybe the first half of June, but will have to run it by FI to make sure.

I'm excited - I love your photos and really love the work on her website!

Krae11

Rough_Rock
Beautiful shots! What perfect timing, you lucky girl!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pics VC!!! You guys look so happily in love, and the cherry blossoms are such a perfect backdrop!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
VC, you are so stunning!!! I love these pictures and how you both look so in love. :love:

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful photos! And good job catching the cherry blossoms! Every year it seems like if you blink, you miss them.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Thank you to KittyGoLightly, KirstyRae, SandI, LP, and LandR!!!

merilenda, I'm SO excited that you got in with Sarah! I can't wait to see your pictures!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results