shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche U-113 Platinum Setting for 3-3.5 crt center, size 6

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock
Re: Vatche U-113 Platinum Setting for 3-3.5 crt center, size

Wintotty, I tried to contact you via Diamondbistro but my DB account is locked and I can't get in. Just FYI, I've forwarded your pics to my jeweler to see if they think that they can stretch out the prongs another mm as my stone is 10x10.2. Can you tell me how low the culet sat? I'm scared that it would go too low down the basket. It's easier to put a smaller stone in it than a larger one I think.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

wintotty

Shiny_Rock

jerichosmom|1375862429|3498129 said:
Wintotty, I tried to contact you via Diamondbistro but my DB account is locked and I can't get in. Just FYI, I've forwarded your pics to my jeweler to see if they think that they can stretch out the prongs another mm as my stone is 10x10.2. Can you tell me how low the culet sat? I'm scared that it would go too low down the basket. It's easier to put a smaller stone in it than a larger one I think.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Hi there,

I requested to set my diamond in medium height. I listed the measurement of the diamond I had set below. It was 3.2crt round, and it was my temporary diamond since I was waiting to get 4crt round diamond in it. GOG told me the head will fit the 4crt stone at the time. But def consult your jeweler and let me know =)

Width: 9.37mm
Length: 9.34mm
Depth: 6.26mm

wintotty

Shiny_Rock

img_3044_zps4cb86e79.jpg

This is the only pic I have from the side, it is set medium.......I think the way Vatche always set the diamond.

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock

Weird.....I thought I posted a reply a few days ago but I don't see it.

Wintotty I saw an appraiser last week about my stone and we came to the conclusion that the best setting for my stone would be a bezel. I did a bezel test and sure enough, a 6 prong is now out of the question.

Good luck with your sale...and your new ring is to die for!

Jody

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results