shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche ring question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jlim

Shiny_Rock
Appreciate any insight on this matter. I''ve gotten conflicting answers.

2 vendors I contacted told me different things. I just called Vatche 800 number and I got a 3rd. answer.

Vendor 1 said he can get it re-sized whenever since the ring comes with a lifetime warranty and it doesn''t cost me anything other than shipping.

Vendor 2 said I have to pay x amount of dollar to get it resized and I pay for shipping.

Vatche 800 number agent told me they DO NOT do re-sizing at the facility in NYC.

I''ve read many posts with regards to Vatche ring and some posters are under the impression they can walk up to the Vatche store in NYC and have the ring re-size right there and then.

I just read "Student" post on diamondtalk and he said he''s gonna do the same thing when he''s in NYC.

Are there 2 NYC Vatche stores??

Is ring re-sizing generally free or cost money?

Are the Vatche ring price fixed? I''ve seen 2 different prices for the same ring size and same ct. size.

TIA.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I had answers, I'm also considering a vatche setting. I will stay posted to this thread to see the outcome. Have you tried Goodoldgold, they are a vatche retailer? Also, since your considering a vatche setting, are you considering one with stones? If so, what did they tell you the color and clarity of the stones are? I'm interested because I have read two different things.

jlim

Shiny_Rock
Lanee - I'm buying a loose stone and I'm considering setting it to a Vatche ring.

Unfortunately, even the ring price (Royal Crown Plat.) setting is different from 2 vendors.

barry

Shiny_Rock
We charge shipping only.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

jlim

Shiny_Rock
Darn, you wait a few weeks and even the ring price has gone up!

Royal Crown Platinum setting now cost $1045 across the board compared to $950 just last week!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI,
I too was under the impression that you could just walk to the store and get your ring fixed. In fact, I had made an appointment when I first got it because I had wanted to have the prongs checked because I kept catching on things.
It sucks how the prices went up again. When I was deciding on the Royal Crown, the price was $900. That was a Friday, the following Monday, when I ordered it, the price had gone up to $950.
It really is a beautiful setting, though!
1.gif

jlim

Shiny_Rock
kayla - can you call the 800 Vatche number and see if you get the same response I got.

800-718-2444

It would be nice to be able to walk right up the store and have it re-size. But the person I spoke to said they are a manuf. facility and he strongly discourages me from getting a ring re-size.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Jlim:

Let me try and clarify this. Of course Vatche offers the service of resizing. In fact they prefer that you have the resize done by them as the ring then stays under their lifetime warranty. What they do not want are customers just showing up at their facility to have the work done. They are a big jewlery manufacturer and they are not set up to work with individual customers.

If you need a resize, you should get back to the store you bought it from and they will arrange for you to ship the ring directly back to Vatche. If you live in NYC, as long as you work through your vendor, arrangements can usually be made for you to drop the ring off personally at Vatche. They just don't cater for walk ins.

It makes perfect sense to have it resized at Vatche as they work with the product all day long and really know what they are doing. Also - sometimes a resize can result in the removal of the stamped in logo. If this happens then Vatche can just restamp it.

Hope this helps!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results