shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentines Day @ the Beach

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mojofc

Rough_Rock
I am going to propose on Valentines Day, yeah yeah I know...

We have known eachother now for two years but have been talking openly about marriage for the past 8 months or so now.

We are going to be on the beach this weekend. We rented a place on the beach, the same one we stayed at for Valentines Day last year.

I plan to propose to her in the morning, just as the sun can be seen over the horizon while we are on the beach.

Just one question though: What is the correct wording when speaking with her mother?
"Id'' like to ask for your daughters hand in marriage" ???

Thank you!! any tips would be nice as well.

We already talked about bringing her camera this weekend that I just got her for Christmas so we can take some pictures of the beach, sunrise, etc after I ask her for memories. (As long as it isn''t raining). I will bring a towel to the beach so we can sit after I ask her and talk for a while just to enjoy the moment. Anything else I should bring?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Valentine''s Day or not, I think that''s a nice proposal idea!

I wouldn''t worry about being SO formal. Remember, these people are going to be your family. Some respect and formality is required (which is why you''re asking her parent(s) after all), but I wouldn''t get hung up on a formal speech using antiquated terms. Just be yourself and put it into your own words. Focus on how much her daughter means to you and how she''s changed your life for the better. Then say, I''d like to ask so and so to marry me. May I have your blessing?

Bottom line, it''s the thought that counts, not the words.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re your props. I think a towel or blanket will be just enough. All that matters is the two of you, and it''s harder to explain a picnic basket etc. What about cooking her breakfast when you get back to the house? You can have champagne on hand to celebrate and make mimosas (champagne and orange juice). That''s an alternate idea if it rains or you can''t go to the beach for some reason. Make her a beautiful breakfast and ask her during/after it.

mojofc

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick response. That''s a good idea. Even if it does rain, there is a balcony overlooking the beach that would be nice to bring her to and propose. I would prefer it didn''t rain of course, but she would love it just as much.

I guess I really need a solid backup plan though, the balcony would be nice, but maybe I can think of something better.

Thanks, I''ll post again soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results