shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentines Day in a New[ish] Relationship

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, hello Ladies!

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum, especially given my nowhere-near-LIW-status...

I'm in a relationship with a fabulous guy. It's fun, fresh, new... but pretty serious. We've been "dating" since around Thanksgiving but like I said, things are pretty serious. Valentines Day is approaching and I'm not sure what a reasonable gift is... I don't know what we're doing or where we're going. I do know he's planning something though. A normal weekend date would be a 5 star restaurant in Philly or DC, and we've already done the "run off to NYC for a romantic dinner and carriage ride through Central Park". Suffices to say I'm a bit nervous(not really nervous... excited?) about what he might be planning...

I've already ordered a little silver heart from Etsy that I had engraved with a cute saying we use when parting ways, and I plan to leave it in his car for him to find after VDay. I want to give him something else or do something for him... but I'm at a total loss. The fact that things are pretty new make me hesitant with so many normal VDay gifts for men. I considered a couples massage but I know he laughs at the idea of a man getting a massage. Plus, it's something we've talked about so it wouldn't be a surprise-- or with much sentiment, really.

Anyone have any ideas? I've been browsing sites for hours looking for something and ideas... and having no luck.

What are you planning for this year? Or what kind of gift did you get for your first Valentines Day?

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I sent my husband a set of sheets (from our house), a new coach wallet, a card, and his favorite candy in a military flat rate box... sorry, I am no help!

Does he like gadgets and cool electronic things? If so, then I suggest walking around Brookstone until you see something that would catch his fancy.

Once, I bought a new boyfriend Guitar Hero, complete with the wireless guitar. He had taken me to a few nice dinner and sent me flowers, so I bought the game and guitar and taped little paper flowers on the box. I handed him the box and said, "These are your kind of flowers." We had a lot of fun playing the game together, and he bragged big time to all his friends.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
My bf and I were in the same boat a year ago. We had been dating for a little less than two months when Valentine's day came around.

I ended up getting him a shirt from the Guess store (a cool button down one...I think it was around $70). He had seen it the previous week when we were browsing, and couldn't decide between that one and another one. He loved the shirt and loved that I paid enough attention to remember it.

I also baked him some cookies (sugar cookies, hearts).

Oh, and trying to find a V-day card that doesn't have references to love? Pretty hard.

A

Anonymous

Does he dress up a lot for work? Maybe some nice cuff links? If he's more of a casual guy, maybe a hooded sweatshirt from his favorite team (a nice one) for around $75.00. I got a Sabres vintage logo one for my FI for our first Christmas and he STILL wears it all the time. He loved that I paid enough attention to know which team he liked and took it one step further to remember that he liked the old logo vs the new one. Plus it's warm and cozy. :bigsmile:

Seattle SC

Shiny_Rock
Is he into sports? Maybe secure a tee time for golf, tickets to a game? I gave my bf a certificate for beer making lessons at a brewery on the whim once. Since Vday is so close to Xmas and I usually give gifts then, I'd rather give an "event", though I'm not particularly big on this holiday either and don't really plan to do anything :)

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
tammy77|1297190920|2846740 said:
Does he dress up a lot for work? Maybe some nice cuff links? If he's more of a casual guy, maybe a hooded sweatshirt from his favorite team (a nice one) for around $75.00. I got a Sabres vintage logo one for my FI for our first Christmas and he STILL wears it all the time. He loved that I paid enough attention to know which team he liked and took it one step further to remember that he liked the old logo vs the new one. Plus it's warm and cozy. :bigsmile:

I *like* the cuff links idea. I just jumped onto the Tiffany website and didn't see anything too fun there. I like the concept though-- I'll have to browse some other places.

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
if he likes kind of different things i'd check out the cufflinks on uncommongoods.com or thinkgeek.com The moma store has some neat stuff sometimes too! I've gone the cufflinks route before, I stuck with the traditional Tiff's and got them engraved. Currently my bf is overseas and moving back to the states next month so i just sent candy and cards that made me think of him. We'll do our own Valentines day when he gets here. Good luck!

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
After looking around online I decided to go shopping last night locally after work... I found a fabulous estate/antique pair on commission at this jewelery shop but they're ON HOLD for someone else! The manager said they were being held until this afternoon so I left my number and told him that I would like to purchase if the previous shopper didn't come back. They're a rose gold rope style edge with mother of pearl center which I think would be great as he wears lots of browns and tans. We'll see how this goes... I might have some pics to share if I get them.

A

Anonymous

Oooh did you get them?! Good luck! ::)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes...does he like sports or outdoorsy things? If he likes outdoorsy activities, depending on what climate you're in or to where he may travel, you might look into something from Patagonia or North Face? I work for an outdoor/adventure store at the moment and guys just seem to LOVE this type of thing.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
tammy77|1297318435|2848305 said:
Oooh did you get them?! Good luck! ::)

:(( No. Never got a call.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results