shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine's Day Goodies

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Is anyone getting pearls for Valentine's Day?

I just ordered a 48 inch endless rope from PP, AAA metallic whites, 6.5-7.0 mm. It's a special order so I'm waiting to see if they have that many that match. A while back, I bought some 10-11mm metallic white drops in the leaf setting (special order too, aren't I getting to be a PITA, ha). They are so amazing- like white glass with rosy overtones- that I want a strand, too.

DH is always thrilled when I buy my own gift and thank him for it. I just go ahead and let him think I'm doing him a favor hahaha!

Anyone else?

Q

Queenie60

great idea. :bigsmile:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
seaurchin|1454369476|3985342 said:
DH is always thrilled when I buy my own gift and thank him for it.

"OMG! It's exactly what I wanted! How did you know?!" :angel:

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I don't think I'm getting anything for Valentines Day this year, but I second buying your own jewelry and then thanking Darling Hubby for it.

It's the only way I get exactly what I want.

Oh, and I'm a huge fan of contacting the vendors and asking for exactly what you want.
I'm very pleased about how accommodating so many of the good pearl vendors are.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Seaurchin I can't wait to see your gifts, white pearls are classics.
Hubby bought me exactly one piece of jewelry on his own since we've been together. I don't mind choosing my own gifts. :lol:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Here's my V-day present. If I didn't already say, it's a custom order from PP. White metallic pearls, 6.5-7.0 mm AAA, 48 inches, no clasp. I almost returned them because up close, they aren't round and also just didn't pop in the indoor light where I opened the box. I decided to wear them out to dinner and omg, I am not giving them up! They were just gorgeous in the restaurant lights and even under the street lights.

I have several 48 inch endless ropes that are 7 or 8 mm but I think a bit smaller pearl goes better with more skimpy summer clothes, especially shorts. I expect to get a lot of wear out of these. :)

wmp.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Seaurchin - that's a beautiful rope and I am glad that you like it! Happy Valentine's Day. I just received my VD gift (purchased myself for myself, from my husband!) A beautiful 18" Tahitian necklace - silver pearls with blue overtones. It's gorgeous! Yes, I received pearls for Valentine's day too! Thank's for the great idea. :bigsmile:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Queenie- Do we get pics? :)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Cool rope, very glamourous :appl:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seaurchin, your rope is gorgeous! Great length and very nice luster :love: 6-7mm is my sweet spot for ropes as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results