shape
carat
color
clarity

Vacation suggestions in January/February?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
So, due to my boyfriends job (grrrr!) means that we can''t go on a real vacation either this summer or next summer. Since that rules out a lot of the places I would like to go (namely europe, turkey, and northeast destinations) we are now trying to figure out places to go for a Jan/Feb vacation.

It''s not a honeymoon or anything, but it will be our first "real" vacation together that isn''t with our families or visiting family.

So, suggestions are welcome! A few things to think about:

-No ski vacation...its cold, we don''t ski, etc.
-We live in LA, so we kind of want to get away...
-BUT we will be on a bit of budget, so flying somewhere really far might be too expensive
-Timing will be about a week
-The ideal location would have both beach time and cultural attractions.

Thanks PSers...I know a lot of you have taken amazing vacations so I want your input =)

RZ

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
My vote would be for Sydney, Australia. It would be summer there then and it is the most wonderful city with plenty of beaches and cultural activities. We especially enjoyed going sailing in the harbor, visiting a wild animal park, climbing the Sydney Harbor Bridge, shopping in the Rocks district, and touring the famous Opera House. The people are friendly and there are excellent restaurants and hotels. I know it is a long flight, but since you are in LA you could fly direct and there are some good deals to be found. The exchange rate has also been pretty favorable for American tourists.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
MEXICO!!!!

We did Nueva Vallarta for a week in January and it was FABULOUS!!! Perfect weather, lots of culture and not too far from LA!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results