shape
carat
color
clarity

V Day Tips!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Read this on CNN, thought it might be a good reminder for all the LIWS on how to avoid a bad Valentine''s Day(Especially #3!!!):

1. If your boyfriend forgets what day it is, you have nobody but yourself to blame. Do you know when the World Series is? Probably not. If you want your man to remember something, remind him.

2. Along with the above, if you have big expectations for THE MOST ROMANTIC VALENTINE''S DAY EVER, you should also convey that. Hinting never works with men -- whether it''s willful or just obliviousness, I''ve never heard of a heterosexual male who is capable of picking up a subtle hint.

Give him restaurant suggestions, remind him that he needs to make a reservation in advance, advise him that you''re getting him a gift (if you are), so he might want to select a little something for you. If you must, resort to PowerPoint and pie charts. It''s not very romantic, but it will get your point across.

3. You are not allowed to get upset if he doesn''t propose. Unless it''s completely spontaneous, V-Day proposals rate way high on the cheese-o-meter and you can hardly blame him for not wanting to be part of a real-life Diamonds R Us commercial.

4. Don''t you dare compare your relationships to other couples. Competitive dating is a loser''s game. That twosome making out at the next table? Chances are, they''re married to other people. Your bigmouth coworker who can''t stop talking about the ginormous rock her FIANCE (say it loud!) bought her? He''s probably compensating for shortcomings in other departments. The more in-your-face the display, the more likely they''re just masking the unhappy truth. Be glad for what you''ve got.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Those were awesome. And I think they''re relevant for everyday that we''re LIWs, not just Valentine''s Day! It''s the abridged guide to staying sane as a LIW!
26.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 1:01:31 PM
Author: sammyj
Those were awesome. And I think they''re relevant for everyday that we''re LIWs, not just Valentine''s Day! It''s the abridged guide to staying sane as a LIW!
26.gif

You''re totally right. Especially the bit about competitive dating. Be happy with your FFs, ladies!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
haha Those are great! I love #1 and #4. I think those can really apply to everyday life. Thanks for posting. :)

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:53:32 PM
Author:elledizzy5

4. Don''t you dare compare your relationships to other couples. Competitive dating is a loser''s game. That twosome making out at the next table? Chances are, they''re married to other people. Your bigmouth coworker who can''t stop talking about the ginormous rock her FIANCE (say it loud!) bought her? He''s probably compensating for shortcomings in other departments. The more in-your-face the display, the more likely they''re just masking the unhappy truth. Be glad for what you''ve got.
LOL!!! I don''t know anyone who does that, do you?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 1:52:01 PM
Author: Bia

Well we know it''s not you, Bia, since you can''t remember to call him fiance in the first place.
2.gif

And no, I''ve never experienced that. But most of the people I work with are 40+ and they''re usually excited about the new men they''re meeting on the internet.
31.gif

They want to know when FF is going to finally pop the question!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 2:09:44 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Well we know it''s not you, Bia, since you can''t remember to call him fiance in the first place.
2.gif

And no, I''ve never experienced that. But most of the people I work with are 40+ and they''re usually excited about the new men they''re meeting on the internet.
31.gif

They want to know when FF is going to finally pop the question!
HEY! I remember now, remember!
3.gif
5.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Read this on CNN, thought it might be a good reminder for all the LIWS on how to avoid a bad Valentine''s Day(Especially #3!!!):

1. If your boyfriend forgets what day it is, you have nobody but yourself to blame. Do you know when the World Series is? Probably not. If you want your man to remember something, remind him.

2. Along with the above, if you have big expectations for THE MOST ROMANTIC VALENTINE''S DAY EVER, you should also convey that. Hinting never works with men -- whether it''s willful or just obliviousness, I''ve never heard of a heterosexual male who is capable of picking up a subtle hint.

Give him restaurant suggestions, remind him that he needs to make a reservation in advance, advise him that you''re getting him a gift (if you are), so he might want to select a little something for you. If you must, resort to PowerPoint and pie charts. It''s not very romantic, but it will get your point across.

3. You are not allowed to get upset if he doesn''t propose. Unless it''s completely spontaneous, V-Day proposals rate way high on the cheese-o-meter and you can hardly blame him for not wanting to be part of a real-life Diamonds R Us commercial.

If I might add...
I like to make Valentines Day all about my man... not about me. there are subtle ways to get waht you want... and not so subtle ways... but when it comes to stuff like this, you gotta sometimes hit them over the head with it!
Ha! One year I got my man a valentines gift... but it was in the middle of JUNE. I got him a card, and put it in his lunch box, and it said, Happy Valentines Day.. he was really confused... when he got home, I was wearing his surprise. He said it was the best gift ever....
31.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Woah! Bia, I didn''t even notice you with your changed avatar!
6.gif
6.gif
I saw elle talking to you and I was like....huh? lol Did I miss Bia...lol

Thanks for sharing elle!

ringless

Shiny_Rock
LOL especially #3, that cracks me up. I will try my hardest not to be upset if it doesn''t happen this weekend...

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 2:51:53 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Woah! Bia, I didn''t even notice you with your changed avatar!
6.gif
6.gif
I saw elle talking to you and I was like....huh? lol Did I miss Bia...lol

Thanks for sharing elle!
Yea, I wanted something with some color...

I posted to you in the Small Talk thread about changing it. I''m not crazy about this one either, but I don''t have any good pics of my ring yet!!!

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock

Ughhhhh... I know someone like that. It got old REALLY REALLY FAST. AH! I get frustrated just thinking about it.

Mind you, this girl combines #3 and #4.. She is convinced that now her FIANCE has bought her a ring they are the epitome of what a relationship should be! And no one, not even me (one of her really close friends) is good enough until we too are engaged...

*shudders*

ANYWAY.. Thanks for sharing, this was fun and entertaining to read :)

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 2:52:32 PM
Author: ringless
LOL especially #3, that cracks me up. I will try my hardest not to be upset if it doesn't happen this weekend...

Ha yea I know me too. I'm trying not to get my hopes up TOO high.. but I still can't help but have hope!!
12.gif

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 6:06:29 PM
Author: Namaste
Date: 2/12/2009 2:52:32 PM

Ha yea I know me too. I''m trying not to get my hopes up TOO high.. but I still can''t help but have hope!!
12.gif

DITTO!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 2:42:32 PM
Author: tlh

If I might add...
I like to make Valentines Day all about my man... not about me. there are subtle ways to get waht you want... and not so subtle ways... but when it comes to stuff like this, you gotta sometimes hit them over the head with it!
Ha! One year I got my man a valentines gift... but it was in the middle of JUNE. I got him a card, and put it in his lunch box, and it said, Happy Valentines Day.. he was really confused... when he got home, I was wearing his surprise. He said it was the best gift ever....
31.gif
I like how you think, lady! And by that I mean, I can''t believe I didn''t think of that sooner!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock

1. If your boyfriend forgets what day it is, you have nobody but yourself to blame. Do you know when the World Series is? Probably not. If you want your man to remember something, remind him. In October...?

okay, most of this is pretty good! :)

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Great article!

#3 and #4 should be posted permanently as a banner so something on the LIW forum. haha. So easy to forget!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 8:46:04 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
Great article!

#3 and #4 should be posted permanently as a banner so something on the LIW forum. haha. So easy to forget!

Ha! We need a sticky thread that has the LIW Mission Statement or something.
2.gif
20.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, maybe I should show this to James--after all, *he* was the one who reminded *me* that Valentine's Day was coming up and that he was getting me something. Don't want him to get his hopes up for a proposal...
3.gif
2.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 2:25:57 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Hmmm, maybe I should show this to James--after all, *he* was the one who reminded *me* that Valentine''s Day was coming up and that he was getting me something. Don''t want him to get his hopes up for a proposal...
3.gif
2.gif

1144969br703fi17c.gif
Gwen you are a freakin classic

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 2:38:30 AM
Author: Deelight
Date: 2/13/2009 2:25:57 AM

Author: gwendolyn

Hmmm, maybe I should show this to James--after all, *he* was the one who reminded *me* that Valentine''s Day was coming up and that he was getting me something. Don''t want him to get his hopes up for a proposal...
3.gif
2.gif

1144969br703fi17c.gif
Gwen you are a freakin classic
12.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results