shape
carat
color
clarity

USPS: @#*&!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to vent. I was working from home today and expecting a Priority Mail package with some new purchases, and at 1:56 I received a "missed delivery" notice. I went to check the mail box and sure enough, I got a slip saying no one was home to sign for the package. What a load of $^&*@! :angryfire:

It would've taken less time for the mail carrier to knock on my door than it did for him/her to fill out that damn slip!

$@#% the USPS!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:eek2: Oh, no!!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They’ve done that to me too and I’ve been just as :angryfire:. Such laziness!

Sorry you’re dealing with this :x2

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup! Been there, cussed about that! So frustrating so I feel your pain as well. :wall:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, why is this a thing? Mail carriers need to do their $@&% jobs. :x2

Spending some quality cuddle time with my cat to calm down.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been there. I have also been told I signed for certified mail when I hadn't. I don't use them when I can avoid.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sheer laziness Jpie, I hope they can redeliver today.

DS has a camera on the front of his house, he works from home, and as soon as it picks up motion, it sends an alert. Recently, he was awaiting a delivery, and as soon as the driver arrived, he got the alert. The driver just hurled the parcel at his door, and drove off.

He send a screen shot to the delivery company, fortunately his parcel wasn’t fragile, but you can imagine if it had been. :roll

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, so sorry @JPie :nono:

Our mailman at the beach is great and he always rings the bell etc to make sure he gives us the package and our Fed Ex and UPS guys are also pretty good and I cannot remember when this last happened but I feel your pain because in the past this has happened to us as well.

Going forward what I would do to try making sure this doesn't happen again is leave a note on the door saying "I am here...please ring bell. Waiting for a package. " It might seen cuckoo but that is what I would do. I know how it feels to be waiting for a special package (especially bling related) and then be disappointed like this. Especially when you took the day to be home just for that package.

We do have a note on the kitchen door saying please make all deliveries at the main front door which happens to be on the side of the house. We leave that note permanently on the kitchen door because we are usually not at the beach house and the front door has a porch that is covered by trees etc from the public street view making it safer to leave packages there for a few days if need be. The note was necessary because the delivery people were leaving packages right in full view of the street at the kitchen door. Since we have put the note on the kitchen door we have not had any more problems with packages being left there. Perfect solution for us. Hope you can find an easy solution for you and maybe leaving that note saying you are home will work out well for you in the future.

Hoping you get it today and LOVE it.:appl:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, so sorry @JPie :nono:
Going forward what I would do to try making sure this doesn't happen again is leave a note on the door saying "I am here...please ring bell. Waiting for a package. " It might seen cuckoo but that is what I would do. I know how it feels to be waiting for a special package (especially bling related) and then be disappointed like this. Especially when you took the day to be home just for that package.
Thanks missy! I might do that in the future if I don't just route everything to my work instead.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had that happen to me too. I confess I called to complain. It was a lie that I just couldn't let pass. It didn't hurt that I had security cams to back it up, not that they wanted to see the video.

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two years ago, I ordered a strand of Tahitian pearls from an online vendor.
I arrived home from running errands to find the box tossed on my doorstep.
The return address clearly stating "XYZ Pearl Co., NY, NY."
This was in mid-December. Anybody could have taken them!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two years ago, I ordered a strand of Tahitian pearls from an online vendor.
I arrived home from running errands to find the box tossed on my doorstep.
The same happened to me 28 yrs ago when they delivered my gold Rolex watch :wall:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve had so many instances of this that everything goes to my work! Where we live now, we’ve got gates that are closed all the time so couriers don’t even bother trying the bell. Except one the other day who just dropped the package over our fence :roll2: It wasn’t even for us - it was for a house 6 doors down and across the road!! Lucky it was entirely waterproof as this was in the middle of a hefty rainstorm.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sheer laziness Jpie, I hope they can redeliver today.

DS has a camera on the front of his house, he works from home, and as soon as it picks up motion, it sends an alert. Recently, he was awaiting a delivery, and as soon as the driver arrived, he got the alert. The driver just hurled the parcel at his door, and drove off.

He send a screen shot to the delivery company, fortunately his parcel wasn’t fragile, but you can imagine if it had been. :roll

this right here. The normal guy we have is great but don't let him go on vacation....

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did your package come?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very annoying and lazy! I too have had this happen, so I've taken to leaving a note on the door. "I AM home! Please ring bell."

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
package over our fence

Yupp, had this happen in our old place. Very heavy package, could've been really dangerous for the kids...(we had a wall and a gate you couldn't see through and I was home, so he just tossed w/out even ringing)

normal guy we have is great
Yes, our regular guy is awesome... he zven calls me if I'm not home / sends an sms ro tell me where he hid the package..

I even stopped shopping at certain shops, because they use some other delivery companies and they NEVER get it right. Like the plants they delivered to some depot (I WAS at home...:x2) where it was boiling hot and then sent a notification via snail mail.. I sure didn't want those anymore after 5 days....

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OOOweeeee!!!!! I can see why you stayed home, waiting for that baby!!!! I LOVE IT to the MOON AND BACK AGAIN!!!! GORGEOUS...and well worth the wait!!! Sorry you had to endure the frustration, though.
Last week, I got emails from Fed-Ex saying they attempted twice to make a delivery to my house. No stickers were left on the door, so that I could've signed off for them to leave the package. So, Saturday I had to go to the hub to sign for them and pick them up-not close by. What a waste of time! I don't believe they even tried!

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have had everything re-routed to my job once I saw opened packages and missing items from online orders. I can't deal with people who just want to leave things out!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Worth the wait and aggravation and cannot wait to see pics of it on your neck. :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That happened to me last week. I’d stayed home ALL day in the kitchen so I’d hear the doorbell. I also kept checking the mailbox, as sometimes they leave packages, despite requiring a signature. Well, I heard the truck in the neighborhood and kept waiting for the doorbell. When it hadn’t rung 10 min later, I went to check the mailbox and sure enough, there was a missed delivery notice. Well, I went and chased that b*tch down in my car with the slip. I pulled in front of her and stopped. She insisted she had rung the bell when I knew with certainty she hadn’t. Needless to say, I got the packageI’d been waiting for! Don’t mess with my bling!! :angryfire:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That happened to me last week. I’d stayed home ALL day in the kitchen so I’d hear the doorbell. I also kept checking the mailbox, as sometimes they leave packages, despite requiring a signature. Well, I heard the truck in the neighborhood and kept waiting for the doorbell. When it hadn’t rung 10 min later, I went to check the mailbox and sure enough, there was a missed delivery notice. Well, I went and chased that b*tch down in my car with the slip. I pulled in front of her and stopped. She insisted she had rung the bell when I knew with certainty she hadn’t. Needless to say, I got the packageI’d been waiting for! Don’t mess with my bling!! :angryfire:
Ooooh! I like your spunk!!!
I would've done the same thing!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS piece.... swoooon...

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good for you!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of USPS, no mail today. I have a package on that truck. Thank God the carrier was not hurt, he could have rolled into the canal below. His supervisor said that he was trying to avoid a squirrel. Screenshot_20180602-184533_Nextdoor.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yasssss! Are you sure you're not originally from Brooklyn? :appl:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I’m annoyed with USPS at the moment! I bought something amazing and it’s supposed to come today..... tracking it online the page now says,

“In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way.”

No other tracking info, and the last scan was at its origin point. Argh!

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
I always ask a seller to ship it through a different company. I have caught USPS doing the exact same thing to me as Jpie above and I have them on my camera literally throwing my packages at my door. Not a light toss down, an actual hard throw to the door. Not once, but twice. Ticks me off.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results