shape
carat
color
clarity

USPS Sucks!!!!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I’m fuming right now so this is the perfect place to vent. You will all understand my frustration. I had a package from Finewater that was supposed to be here today. I’ve been eagerly waiting all day. I was eating dinner at about 6:30pm and the postal worker literally walked up to my front door, slapped a delivery attempt notice on the door, and drove off. I have it all in my door camera. He didn’t ring the doorbell and didn’t even have the package in hand. He made zero attempt to actually deliver. Usually the mail comes at 4pm so he was probably running late and just rushing to get home. Hoping it’s a time thing and he’s not stealing the package. I have it all on camera

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Oooh. I'm so sorry this happened. I would be fuming as well. I think some workers forget that door bell or porch cameras are quite common these days.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh dear
but lets not panic till this tomorrow
i often get notifcations a package has been delivered by NZ post courier when it hasnt and it cuases stress
but it turns up the next day or the next so fingers crossed for you

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
A few years ago I was eagerly awaiting a package, and was home at the time. When I went out to the mailbox, I found a slip stating that the delivery couldn't be made because access to my house was obstructed. It wasn't, and I was furious! The package did show up the next day.

Glad you got it on camera, hopefully you can make a report.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t want to hear this! Im waiting on a Finewater gem, as well! I’m so sorry you are going through this. Glad it was on camera

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t want to hear this! Im waiting on a Finewater gem, as well! I’m so sorry you are going through this. Glad it was on camera

So you totally understand my frustration. My husband is picking it up after the gym this morning. I’ve been thinking about this particular stone for way too long so I’ve been eager to receive it. USPS is the worst. I purchased a stone from Gary last month as well but he shipped that one UPS. Can’t wait to see what goody you ordered!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
oh dear
but lets not panic till this tomorrow
i often get notifcations a package has been delivered by NZ post courier when it hasnt and it cuases stress
but it turns up the next day or the next so fingers crossed for you

My husband is picking it up this morning. I think the postal worker was just running late and didn’t want to bother with ringing my bell. I reported the situation and now it’s yesterday’s problem. I’m so excited to get my stone!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a great postal worker. He's wonderful and has been helpful to me many times, beyond the scope of his job. One time he noticed that a few of my roof shingles had lifted from a storm and told me, and also gave me the name of someone on his route who could fix it for me. I would have never noticed those shingles until the roof started leaking. So I think it all boils down to the person who has the job on your route. I can't say anything but great things about mine but I know some are lazy. Sorry you have one of those or perhaps it could be a substitute?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I have a great postal worker. He's wonderful and has been helpful to me many times, beyond the scope of his job. One time he noticed that a few of my roof shingles had lifted from a storm and told me, and also gave me the name of someone on his route who could fix it for me. I would have never noticed those shingles until the roof started leaking. So I think it all boils down to the person who has the job on your route. I can't say anything but great things about mine but I know some are lazy. Sorry you have one of those or perhaps it could be a substitute?

My regular postal worker is just wonderful. This was a separate postal delivery van. Probably because of the insurance.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh that is unacceptable. We are lucky because our post person is great and he is very sweet and helpful and even leaves packages for us that are sig required because he knows I just want them left. Very safe where we live.

UPS and Fed Ex are different stories because they always have different delivery people so we don't know them like we do Jamie our post person. When I was expecting the delivery of Bubbalah I put a note on the front door so the delivery person could not miss the fact we were home. And I was quite impatiently waiting for her haha

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 6.30.59 AM.png

@Mjay hope you got your delivery and are over the moon happy with it!

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I can't say anything but great things about mine but I know some are lazy.

Over the last 47 years, my wife and I have enjoyed a series of great mailmen. In the warm, but not too hot days, we are often on the front porch with a cool beverage when our mailman arrives. We always exchange pleasantries and often the mailman will meet me halfway as I come down the steps to go to the mailbox.

Recently we started leaving out box open when it is empty so I don't go down the steps several times a day to see if the mail has arrived. Our current mailman always knows to close it when he puts mail in. I saw it was open the other day, and yet when I pulled out of the garage,, I saw it had mail in it.

I was quite irritated when I stopped to get out and pick up the mail before leaving. When I picked it up, it was complete junk mail, not one single real letter or bill. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to thank him for being so innovative. He smiled and said he had been pretty sure I would understand what he was doing.

There are some advantages to living in an area as small as Boise. It is not the small town I grew up in, but it does not have the flavor of a large city either...

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
I’m fuming right now so this is the perfect place to vent. You will all understand my frustration. I had a package from Finewater that was supposed to be here today. I’ve been eagerly waiting all day. I was eating dinner at about 6:30pm and the postal worker literally walked up to my front door, slapped a delivery attempt notice on the door, and drove off. I have it all in my door camera. He didn’t ring the doorbell and didn’t even have the package in hand. He made zero attempt to actually deliver. Usually the mail comes at 4pm so he was probably running late and just rushing to get home. Hoping it’s a time thing and he’s not stealing the package. I have it all on camera

I had the same thing happen to me, except our guy didn’t even walk up to the door. He left the notice in the mailbox.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh that is unacceptable. We are lucky because our post person is great and he is very sweet and helpful and even leaves packages for us that are sig required because he knows I just want them left. Very safe where we live.

UPS and Fed Ex are different stories because they always have different delivery people so we don't know them like we do Jamie our post person. When I was expecting the delivery of Bubbalah I put a note on the front door so the delivery person could not miss the fact we were home. And I was quite impatiently waiting for her haha

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 6.30.59 AM.png

@Mjay hope you got your delivery and are over the moon happy with it!

Our regular postal worker is great. This came in a separate delivery van for some reason. It’s now in my hands though! Unfortunately I’m struggling with it a bit due to our current weather. It looks much darker than in the photos and videos. I can’t get it to look even close to the stock image. The weather here is terrible though. The sky is completely grey and house is dim. Everything is crazy dark and dreary so it’s a tough situation to properly judge the stone.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our regular postal worker is great. This came in a separate delivery van for some reason. It’s now in my hands though! Unfortunately I’m struggling with it a bit due to our current weather. It looks much darker than in the photos and videos. I can’t get it to look even close to the stock image. The weather here is terrible though. The sky is completely grey and house is dim. Everything is crazy dark and dreary so it’s a tough situation to properly judge the stone.

im happy you finally got it
but im sad it isnt what you hoped
is their a picture on another thread ?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
im happy you finally got it
but im sad it isnt what you hoped
is their a picture on another thread ?

I’m happy to announce that I now love it and will definitely be keeping it. It was raining all day when I received it so I couldn’t really play outside. The sky is still solid grey and has been for about a week. This is very abnormal weather for my area but I was able to get it to look exactly like the stock photo and the videos that he sent me outdoors! It’s a bit temperamental indoors but the lighting in my house is terrible. I should also note that I typically go for lighter colored stones so this is very different for me.

These are the stock photos. First impression seemed way off but they are 100 percent spot on in outdoor lighting. The stone is much orangier irl but my phone seems to only capture the red.
4C2E1B02-B211-44BE-937E-106C7FB992F2.jpeg
1C83ECB8-26B6-4AA1-87B2-3610B478DB67.jpeg

First impression picture when I opened it:
451B7CD4-7028-4C3E-AFB2-EEA58216D34B.jpeg

Opening up all the windows in my front room: F708C92A-BA91-4036-A5FF-62086626EB84.jpeg

Outside:
8664F5B4-B67E-43BA-95D5-8C01B579E066.jpeg

Bedroom window lighting this morning:
4F50A986-2C5E-411F-9A1E-8AF520CBD9F4.jpeg

I have, and I kid you not, the world's greatest postman. So much so, that's he's become a dear friend with whom I vacation. But the universe has a tendency to balance these things out, and I was cursed with the world's worst UPS delivery man. Numerous times I've been in my (home) office waiting for a package, seen him drive by, and then the tracking updates to "failed delivery attempt." It absolutely makes my blood boil. Once I got in my car still barefoot and in my nightie, and chased him until his next stop. He had his non-UPS girlfriend riding along, which may have been the distraction. In the immortal words of Tommy from Goodfellas, I said... "what, you got me on a pay-no-mind list, kid?" lol He gave me my package and it never happened again.

So, 3 things. First, I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience. I've been there. Second, you're going to get your package, promise. Third, have a talk with him. And if that doesn't work, you should report it.

Chin up, my friend!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I have, and I kid you not, the world's greatest postman. So much so, that's he's become a dear friend with whom I vacation. But the universe has a tendency to balance these things out, and I was cursed with the world's worst UPS delivery man. Numerous times I've been in my (home) office waiting for a package, seen him drive by, and then the tracking updates to "failed delivery attempt." It absolutely makes my blood boil. Once I got in my car still barefoot and in my nightie, and chased him until his next stop. He had his non-UPS girlfriend riding along, which may have been the distraction. In the immortal words of Tommy from Goodfellas, I said... "what, you got me on a pay-no-mind list, kid?" lol He gave me my package and it never happened again.

So, 3 things. First, I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience. I've been there. Second, you're going to get your package, promise. Third, have a talk with him. And if that doesn't work, you should report it.

Chin up, my friend!

Omg you crack me up! It was a “kid” postman in a random delivery van so not my normal girl. I was so pissed that I reported it right away.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m happy to announce that I now love it and will definitely be keeping it. It was raining all day when I received it so I couldn’t really play outside. The sky is still solid grey and has been for about a week. This is very abnormal weather for my area but I was able to get it to look exactly like the stock photo and the videos that he sent me outdoors! It’s a bit temperamental indoors but the lighting in my house is terrible. I should also note that I typically go for lighter colored stones so this is very different for me.

These are the stock photos. First impression seemed way off but they are 100 percent spot on in outdoor lighting. The stone is much orangier irl but my phone seems to only capture the red.

Opening up all the windows in my front room: F708C92A-BA91-4036-A5FF-62086626EB84.jpeg

Outside:

wow ! :kiss2:
so glad it arrived
it would have been a great travisity if that one had got lost

:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Omg you crack me up! It was a “kid” postman in a random delivery van so not my normal girl. I was so pissed that I reported it right away.

It's gorgeous... and HUGE (again)! I'm so happy it arrived safely (finally). And I love the St. Patrick's Day nails!!
drinksemot.gif

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Outside:

Wow! Those nails are magnificent.

(The gorgeous rock ain't half bad either.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results