shape
carat
color
clarity

USPS package says "label created" for 10 days? Is it lost?

I was wondering if anyone has ever had the experience of making a purchase and the seller sends the tracking data and it just says "label created" for days on end with no movement? My mom is waiting for a package to be delivered via USPS Priority. The seller said they dropped it off 7/16 to the chute in the back of the post office. It does not seem that the post office ever scanned it into the system. It has been 10 business days. Would you give up hope of it showing up? Has anyone else ever had this happen that a tracking number never updates and it is also very late to eventually arrive? (This package is also only traveling within the same state in the US). The seller is reputable and I don't doubt their honesty as I have worked with them before. For what it is worth the package is insured, but the items were one of a kind and we are so bummed.
Thanks in advance for any insight!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve sent a package that didn’t get scanned until it reached its destination city… I made the same mistake of dropping it in a box instead of waiting in line at the counter. It also took a while to show up because of COVID delays but made it eventually… hope her package does too!

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
I’ve sent a package that didn’t get scanned until it reached its destination city… I made the same mistake of dropping it in a box instead of waiting in line at the counter. It also took a while to show up because of COVID delays but made it eventually… hope her package does too!

Thanks for your input! May I ask how many days total did it take to reach its destination?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I’d call USPS to see if they can find out what’s going on! I called UPS once because a package was stuck in a city along the way for 2weeks and a manager looked into it for me and actually helped me get the package moving through the system again

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
I’d call USPS to see if they can find out what’s going on! I called UPS once because a package was stuck in a city along the way for 2weeks and a manager looked into it for me and actually helped me get the package moving through the system again

The seller actually had her assistant pay a visit to the post office and they (the postal clerk) said it was scanned in but that is not showing up when either the seller or I track it on the USPS website. Also, I called USPS today to ask and they said they have no receipt of ever receiving the parcel. I had even gone so far as to open a Missing Mail Search and they closed the case already, stating that a label was created and that is all. I don't understand the disconnect. Why does the post office where the seller shipped it claim they actually scanned it, yet when you call the 1-800 # for USPS customer service says it was never scanned? So frustrating!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
The seller actually had her assistant pay a visit to the post office and they (the postal clerk) said it was scanned in but that is not showing up when either the seller or I track it on the USPS website. Also, I called USPS today to ask and they said they have no receipt of ever receiving the parcel. I had even gone so far as to open a Missing Mail Search and they closed the case already, stating that a label was created and that is all. I don't understand the disconnect. Why does the post office where the seller shipped it claim they actually scanned it, yet when you call the 1-800 # for USPS customer service says it was never scanned? So frustrating!

Oh yeesh, I’m so sorry. I’m not sure what else you can do at this point but hopefully others chime in!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has happened to me twice in the last 2 years. I received my packages weeks after I expected them. Just like you I had no tracking information until the day they arrived. I hope your items arrive safely. Dust.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hopefully it will still turn up
i know this is not the same but i had a package arrive two days after NZ post said it was out for delivery
Did it just ride around Wanganui for two days on a scenic tour ?
Ive also had a package recently finally arrive from Canada that took about 2 months air mail
I guess im saying its too soon to give up yet

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
This has happened to me twice in the last 2 years. I received my packages weeks after I expected them. Just like you I had no tracking information until the day they arrived. I hope your items arrive safely. Dust.

Wow, really? Well, that gives me some hope! By weeks, how many weeks about until your packages arrived? Also, (if your items were insured) did you put in a claim after 15 days or did you wait several weeks to see if they would come first? Thank you for posting your experience. I am trying not to give up, but my mother isn't as optimistic.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your input! May I ask how many days total did it take to reach its destination?

If I remember correctly about ten days, I’d sent it three day priority

the only package I’ve had never show up is something I bought off of loupe troop a couple of years ago which didn’t have insurance … fingers crossed for you!

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
Hopefully it will still turn up
i know this is not the same but i had a package arrive two days after NZ post said it was out for delivery
Did it just ride around Wanganui for two days on a scenic tour ?
Ive also had a package recently finally arrive from Canada that took about 2 months air mail
I guess im saying its too soon to give up yet
Thank you, I am trying to maintain some hope that it will come. I guess if it was just stuck somewhere en route I would just think it was due to general slowness with the pandemic. It's because customer service said it was never scanned in to begin with that worries me.
I am so glad you got your packages albeit late!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
dont ask me who told me...
Packages are sorted by hand and they are suposed to be first in, first sorted but more often than not a newer stack is put in front of an older one instead of behind.
Packages can keep getting shuffled to the back for days before being processed.

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
dont ask me who told me...
Packages are sorted by hand and they are suposed to be first in, first sorted but more often than not a newer stack is put in front of an older one instead of behind.
Packages can keep getting shuffled to the back for days before being processed.

That is really interesting, Karl. I sorta have felt that it may be just sitting somewhere at the post office where the seller left it, which is why I thought that by calling the post office it would have prompted them to look for it. I mean it is of significant value - wouldn't they rather look for it then pay out a claim? When I call that post office, the phone just rings and rings and no one ever answers. I call numerous times throughout the day, no answer. The customer service rep on the 1-800 # for USPS was no help. She couldn't/wouldn't call the post office where the package was supposed to be scanned in. She said she doesn't handle investigations.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is really interesting, Karl. I sorta have felt that it may be just sitting somewhere at the post office where the seller left it, which is why I thought that by calling the post office it would have prompted them to look for it. I mean it is of significant value - wouldn't they rather look for it then pay out a claim? When I call that post office, the phone just rings and rings and no one ever answers. I call numerous times throughout the day, no answer. The customer service rep on the 1-800 # for USPS was no help. She couldn't/wouldn't call the post office where the package was supposed to be scanned in. She said she doesn't handle investigations.

part of the problem is your not the client the shipper is the client unless you sent a call tag under an account you control.. They should not talk to you at all about it.
The shipper should go down there and talk their way up to a supervisor.

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
part of the problem is your not the client the shipper is the client unless you sent a call tag under an account you control.. They should not talk to you at all about it.
The shipper should go down there and talk their way up to a supervisor.

The shipper is out of the country currently and unfortunately she dropped the package off right before she left for Europe, so she wasn't able to follow up with the post office directly herself. She did say today she would have an assistant go and try and get them to search for it. She apparently knows the supervisor from shipping out so many parcels. So hopefully, if people are actually looking for it might get found! My fingers are crossed. Thank you for your input!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just checking in hopping its arrived

I did just have a thought ?
Is it a small thin package?

I once waited two long painful weeks while something was out for delivery ( a Bruce Springsteen dvd coming from the states)

It was being delivered to work and the courier was on the look out for it because I'd rush out every time he drove in the gate
turns out it had slipped down the side of one of the big cages they use to transport all the parcels
It was safe the whole time but just continually overlooked

Hopefully your delay is just something similar
really annoying but so long as its safe

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
Just checking in hopping its arrived

I did just have a thought ?
Is it a small thin package?

I once waited two long painful weeks while something was out for delivery ( a Bruce Springsteen dvd coming from the states)

It was being delivered to work and the courier was on the look out for it because I'd rush out every time he drove in the gate
turns out it had slipped down the side of one of the big cages they use to transport all the parcels
It was safe the whole time but just continually overlooked

Hopefully your delay is just something similar
really annoying but so long as its safe

Sadly, it has not arrived and there are some beautiful pieces of jewelry in it. :cry2: It's actually in a large Priority bubble mailer, so I am not sure if it is something that can get caught in their equipment but I guess anything is possible. I am glad you finally got your cd! I am sure that was a nerve wracking wait.
The seller has informed us that they will ask to speak to the supervisor they are familiar with at the post office. We didn't hear anything today or if a search is happening yet. I will update this thread with our progress! Thanks!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sadly, it has not arrived and there are some beautiful pieces of jewelry in it. :cry2: It's actually in a large Priority bubble mailer, so I am not sure if it is something that can get caught in their equipment but I guess anything is possible. I am glad you finally got your cd! I am sure that was a nerve wracking wait.
The seller has informed us that they will ask to speak to the supervisor they are familiar with at the post office. We didn't hear anything today or if a search is happening yet. I will update this thread with our progress! Thanks!!

Im so sorry it hasn't turned up yet
there is a huge price difference between your missing package and mine :(2
i had to import mine because it wasn't available locally but it was like $30 all up including shipping

We have had packages go missing before on PS and they have turned up
Here's hoping this thread too has a happy ending (sooner rather than latter)

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sure hope the seller has success in figuring out where your package is. This has served as a reminder to me that with anything of value, go inside the post office and make sure to get a receipt. Best of luck with this.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
This has happened to me a few times. Usually it gets scanned within a week or so. I had one package that never got scanned and to date has not arrived (was supposed to be here about a month ago).

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
This has happened to me a few times. Usually it gets scanned within a week or so. I had one package that never got scanned and to date has not arrived (was supposed to be here about a month ago).

I am so sorry to hear you are still waiting on a package too. Are you within the US? I can understand delays if I had ordered something international, but this package is just traveling within the same state. Thanks for your comment. As of this morning it is still not scanned in.

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
I sure hope the seller has success in figuring out where your package is. This has served as a reminder to me that with anything of value, go inside the post office and make sure to get a receipt. Best of luck with this.

Thank you! Yes, I agree, if it is of value it's best to go in and see them scan it and get receipt of that. My mother, who used to be an Ebay power seller, always did it that way for peace of mind. I wish the seller had made sure to do it properly.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry to hear you are still waiting on a package too. Are you within the US? I can understand delays if I had ordered something international, but this package is just traveling within the same state. Thanks for your comment. As of this morning it is still not scanned in.

Yes, within the US

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@GemmaBella , I had this happen before Covid. The item arrived a month later. it was a crib mattress. I have no idea how a mattress could get lost but it did and eventually was delivered. Don’t lose hope, you may still get the package.

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
@GemmaBella , I had this happen before Covid. The item arrived a month later. it was a crib mattress. I have no idea how a mattress could get lost but it did and eventually was delivered. Don’t lose hope, you may still get the package.

Thanks for your encouragement. Which carrier shipped your mattress? I hope it arrived in time for the baby!!

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
I’m pressure it was USPS @GemmaBella.

Do you recall getting any tracking data with your package? Like, did it ever get accepted/scanned in? Our missing package has yet to even be scanned into the system. No word from the seller today either on if she sent anyone to the PO to hunt for it.

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
Just an update to this thread....
The package still hasn't arrived. :(2 My mother reached out to the seller earlier today for an update and we haven't gotten a response back. Not sure what is going on, or if the seller had the opportunity to speak with anyone at the post office. Kind of annoyed that the seller is blowing my mom off. Would you be mad? The package value is upwards of $3.5k. Am I being too impatient wanting a little bit more action on the seller's part? I feel bad, like my mom is being taken for granted, as she has been a good customer to this vendor in the past year and the least the seller could do is respond to an etsy convo about a situation like this with some urgency. In an earlier convo the shop had already indicated that they will file an insurance claim on or around Aug. 2 if the parcel doesn't turn up by then. But there hasn't been an update on whether they sent anyone to the post office to look for it and we were anxiously waiting to hear from them about that. I know my mom would rather have the pieces than a refund. It's very disappointing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results