shape
carat
color
clarity

USPS frustrations!

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I bought myself this beautiful vintage band for my birthday, followed the tracking, got a notification that it was delivered, and when I checked the mail....it wasn't there! Today, another package was marked as delivered, but the mail hadn't even come! I think the mail carrier has been scanning the packages as delivered before they actually go out for delivery. It really defeats the point of tracking because now there's no way I can tell where it is! I have a major fear that my beautiful band was delivered to the wrong address, but it's also strange that the same thing is happening with today's package. This has happened before and the package was delivered 2 or 3 days after I got the notification that it was "delivered" and it's a terrible feeling because there's absolutely nothing USPS can do and they totally waive all accountability once the package has been "delivered". Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do about it?

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
The mail carrier in our area has been caught doing this on camera. It’s been going on for a long time. It seems to be common. They probably do this to try to keep their delivery time artificially lower than it really is.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. It happened to me at Christmas. I was out prowling around in the dark looking for a package that was said to have been delivered. It came two days later. Very frustrating and the original shipper should not tolerate this practice by the USPS. I am guessing it works for them financially and the customer waiting and fretting clearly does not factor into their choice of delivery method.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that your new band shows up soon - and it probably will!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I've been having issues with USPS. Report your package missing and the postmaster will look into it.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call your local PO and talk to the postmaster directly.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call your local PO and talk to the postmaster directly.

+1

My regular delevery person has made MANY mistakes MANY - probably because she's constantly gabbin on her fargging cellphone instead of paying attention to her job. :angryfire:
Everyone on my block has mentioned the bad service.

I stepped out and confronted her once.
Let's just say it didn't go well.
She got ALL defensive and in my face.

In addition to video-recording her personal-conversations on her phone while delivering mail several days in a row, I also audio-recorded this face to face conversation.
That day I played everthing for our local Postmaster.
The following day we had a different delivery person, and I haven't seen her since.
I hope she was was fired, but I'm not holding my breath.
Probably just moved to another area, like they do with so many child-molesting priests.
Seems ethics and morals are becoming a thing of the past. :((

People, please don't allow today's entitled, snowflake, narcissistic, crap, me-me-me-generation, employees to get away with this shit.

And, unlike FedEx and UPS, the USPS tracking system is a total joke.

Last edited:

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Same thing here. Package confirmed as delivered that didn't show up. Finally delivered 2 weeks later. I had another one that took a day or 2. Sorry that I don't have advice... Just wanted to say I've experienced this too.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently bought a diamond ring from the US (I'm in Australia). The USPS tracking showed that it left the states on Wednesday last week, then all of a sudden on Friday said it had left Melbourne, Aus, and was currently in transit to the destination, which would suggest I should have received it this week, as there is only one delivery point between here and Melbourne. 5 days later, nothing...and the Australia Post system says it's still in the US. What gives?! My first time with a USPS package and I'm a bit concerned!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super frustrating and I agree it is not OK to scan something as delivered and then it doesn't get delivered til days later. WTH.

No this has not happened to me before. At our beach house our mailman is the best and he signs for me if I am not home and signature is required. It is very safe where we are and I am OK with him signing for me if I am not home and sig is required. Generally most of our packages are left at the door and do not require signature.

I find UPS and Fed Ex occasionally scan as delivered before they actually deliver but only an hour or so before they deliver so that is OK. Though technically nothing should be scanned as delivered til it is actually delivered.

Last night the weirdest thing happened. A package I ordered from the UK on Saturday and marked as first shipped Monday January 6th (ETA delivery was 7-10 days) was actually delivered yesterday afternoon January 7th! How is that possible? Not complaining but that was crazy fast and not even sure how that was possible unless it actually went out the day I ordered it and not the 6th but even then crazy fast.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently bought a diamond ring from the US (I'm in Australia). The USPS tracking showed that it left the states on Wednesday last week, then all of a sudden on Friday said it had left Melbourne, Aus, and was currently in transit to the destination, which would suggest I should have received it this week, as there is only one delivery point between here and Melbourne. 5 days later, nothing...and the Australia Post system says it's still in the US. What gives?! My first time with a USPS package and I'm a bit concerned!

Hang in there @Dandi I find USPS can be wonky that way but most of the time (great majority of the time) it will be delivered but with delays. Don't worry yet. Generally USPS is a very safe way to send things.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy, that's very encouraging. It's a custom piece which is fully insured, but still a bit of a nailbiter!

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I usually find USPS to be reliable as well, so this is very upsetting. My husband and I travel a lot for work and have been in NYC for the past month or so, which is where I've been having all these issues. I filed a report with the post office last time this happened and my packages showed up a couple days after that, and I will absolutely be filing another report today.

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
UPDATE: I stormed into the post office this morning where I was told that the missing package was signed for (using my initials) and was shown a photo of a signature that was not mine. I asked my lower neighbor if he had signed for it and he said he hadn't and that wasn't his signature...but that sometimes the carrier leaves things small parcels in the garden level mailbox instead of putting them inside the building....and there it was! So the carrier forged my signature on a signature-required package and left it outside in a mailbox. I will be filing a complaint asap. The good news is that my French Cut sapphire band arrived safe and sound.
IMG_8889.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is quite a story! So glad your band arrived though - it is very pretty!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My local postie signs for my packages and put them in a safe place when I am not available, and always signs as himself, leaving a note to say so.
As for couriers, touch wood as I have not had any significant issues to report, except for one firm that dumped my delivery at a similar work address within the compound and signed for it to say it had been delivered. I complained to the vendor and they upgraded the courier to a more reliable one at no extra cost.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPDATE: I stormed into the post office this morning where I was told that the missing package was signed for (using my initials) and was shown a photo of a signature that was not mine. I asked my lower neighbor if he had signed for it and he said he hadn't and that wasn't his signature...but that sometimes the carrier leaves things small parcels in the garden level mailbox instead of putting them inside the building....and there it was! So the carrier forged my signature on a signature-required package and left it outside in a mailbox. I will be filing a complaint asap. The good news is that my French Cut sapphire band arrived safe and sound.
IMG_8889.jpg

Oh, it's gorgeous! Frenchilicous and bluetiful! And yay for happy endings.:appl:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh I am so relieved! When I lived in the US I had the worst experience with USPS so I always ask for packages to be delivered by UPS, FedEx or other reliable courier services.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the carrier forged my signature on a signature-required package and left it outside in a mailbox.

WOW.
I'm speechless.
And from a federal entity no less.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results