shape
carat
color
clarity

Using labels on Invitation envelopes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

YumCarrots

Rough_Rock
Is it not proper to use mailing labels on invitation envelopes? the lady who I ordered my invitations from said the proper etiquette is to use a calligrapher, if not, I should handwrite the addresses. What do you all think? Can I just print them?

Thanks!

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Proper etiquette maybe, but either a ton of time or a ton of money. We just used clear labels in a fancy font. No one said a thing. If you don''t run with the Upper East Side crowd, your guests likely won''t care. Just consider the audience. If very prim and proper, then do it. If not, then don''t and use the money saved elsewhere.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I am having the place that I got my invitations from do the addressing. They have some of calligraphy machine/computer that does calligraphy instead of having a person do it. The have a million different fonts to choose from and they look just like they were done by hand. I don''t think it is very expensive at all. I honestly do not like the look of labels on a wedding invitations. If you don''t want to spend the money to get them professionally done, do them yourself or have a friend or family member with great handwriting do them.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
If you really want to print them, I would print directly on the envelope, rather than on a label to stick on.

Codex has the best advice though, consider your audience. If you''re inviting Miss Manners and Martha Stewart, make sure you do them by hand.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i used transparent labels with a nice font. the post offcie gets upset over really hard to read stuff.

print out two sets so you have some for the thank you notes.

YumCarrots

Rough_Rock
Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions! :) I think I will either use the transparent labels or handwrite them.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I just received a wedding invitation today that had clear labels on them with a nice font. Doesn''t bother me a bit. I also received invitations recently where they were hand written or written with calligraphy. For our wedding we printed them right on the envelope with a nice font. I was really happy the way they came out.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally do not like the label idea but this is your wedding so if that is what works for you then do it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2006 1:43:39 PM
Author: codex57
Proper etiquette maybe, but either a ton of time or a ton of money. We just used clear labels in a fancy font. No one said a thing. If you don''t run with the Upper East Side crowd, your guests likely won''t care. Just consider the audience. If very prim and proper, then do it. If not, then don''t and use the money saved elsewhere.
That''s what we did.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results