shape
carat
color
clarity

Uses for a metal bucket

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, say you got a blue metal bucket as part of a shower gift, and inside the bucket were the things needed for a picnic or a holiday celebration (think Fourth of July). You take out the plastic cups, pretty flowered plates, paper napkins, and little American flags. What would you do with the bucket? The only thing I can think of is rolling towels up and sticking them in there as a guest bathroom display, but we only have one bathroom (and no extra room).

Any other ideas?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ones I can suggest in polite company? LOL.

Do you have a garage or a backyard? You can use them for outdoor shoes... you know the ones you much about it.

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
What about sticking a potted plant in it?

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I was going to say putting a plant in it too.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 6:31:52 PM
Author: Gypsy
Ones I can suggest in polite company? LOL.

Do you have a garage or a backyard? You can use them for outdoor shoes... you know the ones you much about it.

I followed you right up until the highlighted part.
9.gif

No, we live in a garden style condo, so we don''t have a garage or a backyard that isn''t public space. I suppose we could just put it in storage until we own a house someday. I can''t see ever becoming a gardener, otherwise I''d put gardening tools in it.

Nclrgirl, we could put a plant in it but it doesn''t coordinate with any of our decor. Ooh, wait, our guest room is a light blue -- maybe we could put a plant in there. We do have two cats though, so I''m not sure the plant would work. Our kitties are very curious.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Could you use it as a cooler? Fill it with ice and bottle of wine or beer bottles when you have company over?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
MUCK muck about. Not much about. Sorry. That one little stinking letter got away from me.
11.gif

My kitties leave orchids alone. You could try an orchid, they are nice because they last a really long time too.

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmmm....how big is the bucket? Would having it out anywhere in your flat completely mess up your decor? Is there a room that it would "fit" into your style? If so, what room and what''s the theme of that room? I''m off to dinner for a few hours, but I''ll brainstorm and get back later.
1.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had one of those too, and they''re for ice and drinks when you use the set. But in the meantime, a bathroom garbage? A garage garbage can? Recycling?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who knew that a random blue bucket post would get so many replies so quickly?!

I like the cooler idea! I''ll definitely consider a plant too. I have a horrible track record for keeping plants and flowers alive, but I could give it a shot.

The bucket isn''t too big. Maybe a 1-1.5 feet across and 1 ft. high (maybe -- I''m bad with guessing measurements).

We don''t really have a style/theme, but we have a few nice pieces of dark semi-new furniture in our living room (and light green walls). Maybe Pottery Barn-ish?? Our bedroom is a funky color - kind of a mustard/gold color (it was like that when we moved in and we never bothered changing it). Of all of our rooms in our place (not many), the only room it wouldn''t look out of place is the guest room.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results