shape
carat
color
clarity

US expels Russian diplomats over cyber attack allegations

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The US has expelled 35 Russian diplomats as punishment for alleged interference into the presidential election.
It will also close two Russian compounds used for intelligence-gathering, in Maryland and New York, as part of a raft of retaliatory measures.

President Barack Obama had vowed action against Russia amid US accusations it directed hacks against the Democratic party and Hillary Clinton's campaign.
Russia has denied any involvement.

The US State Department declared the 35 Russian diplomats from the Washington DC embassy and the consulate in San Francisco "persona non grata", giving them and their families 72 hours to leave the US.
The Russian government is expected to respond in turn by expelling US diplomats.

Sanctions have also been announced against nine entities and individuals including the GRU and FSB Russian intelligence agencies.
The US Department of Treasury said that the move targets those responsible for "undermining election processes or institutions".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38463025

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: US expels Russian diplomats over cyber attack allegation

:clap: :dance: :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Would President Barack Obama done the same had HC won?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Dancing Fire|1483040874|4110447 said:
No

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Karl_K|1483049464|4110498 said:
No
We'll never know.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

VRBeauty|1483050748|4110510 said:
Karl_K|1483049464|4110498 said:
No
We'll never know.
That is a good thing.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I truly don't see this as a political thing. Nothing will change the outcome of the election at this point. I would certainly like to think that the response would have been the same regardless of whether the election had gone the other way.

It is, however, very disturbing that the Russians were involved in this. In another four years, we will have another election. I think it is absolutely necessary to keep our voting process as protected as we possibly can and not to tolerate any kind of tampering.

Speaking of politics, do you think Donald Trump wouldn't still be screaming and raging had he lost after this revelation? Takes far less to unglue him so I can only imagine what his response would have been had he lost. He is blasé about it now because it doesn't affect him and he is not privy yet to all the intelligence that went into investigating this. Many key ranking Republican congressmen are not taking the finding or his friendship with Putin lightly.

However, it is in my opinion, an American value - not a partisan issue - that we all hold in high regard. Is this really something that any one of us is willing to tolerate?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results