shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgent shopping help...

Anti

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your great help and all the valuable advice. If you could give me your comments / thoughts regarding one more case here - the color. Reviewing various materials and guides I assumed to go with I / J considering the stone is to go to yellow gold setting, however I have got various opinions from local jewelers about that color when was looking for a ring setting what begs some concerns.

is it something to be worry about in this particular WF one (it has an ideal cut and light return and it is to go to yellow 14-18K setting)? and if so - better to go with white or yellow metal on the prongs? or shall I consider grade upgrade perhaps?

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3981508.htm?source=pricescope

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your great help and all the valuable advice. If you could give me your comments / thoughts regarding one more case here - the color. Reviewing various materials and guides I assumed to go with I / J considering the stone is to go to yellow gold setting, however I have got various opinions from local jewelers about that color when was looking for a ring setting what begs some concerns.

is it something to be worry about in this particular WF one (it has an ideal cut and light return and it is to go to yellow 14-18K setting)? and if so - better to go with white or yellow metal on the prongs? or shall I consider grade upgrade perhaps?

Most prefer white metal prongs to avoid reflecting warm light from the metal back into the stone and increasing the color. For daily use, I'd go with 14k over 18k. 18k is pretty soft and will show scratches more quickly than 14k.

Anti

Rough_Rock
thanks rocky. Yes, so when white metal prongs may help by not reflecting warm light into the stone (for whiter color grades), the yellow prongs may help to reduce the contrast to the warmer stone colors so the warmer stone color is not so noticable?

following, what would be a better recommendation regarding prongs color for this WF one to get better effect?

(this is what i found on one of the webpages (both are J):
upload_2018-12-3_16-4-25.png

or shall I indeed consider higher grade than J here?

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results