shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgent help needed with bouquet choice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, I am new to this part of the forum but hoped I might find some help here!

I am getting married in 2 weeks (!) and already had a dress but yesterday somehow ended up buying a new one (!!) - I am THRILLED with it and feel it is "my" dress (I like the other but bought it in a rush as I was going o/s and it''s not "me" the way the new one is).

Problem is, the new dress is a bit different from the old and I think I might need to change the flowers.

My existing bouquet order is for long-stemmed, hand-tied tulips in a "sunset" palette - so deep orangey pinks, reds, etc, not too much foliage.

The new dress is the one below, but in a light tea/maybe champagne sort of colour. I''m 5''5", Asian with olive skin, petite but not as "straight up and down" as the model - more waist, a little more bust and hips.

Do I need to change my flowers? If so, what to?

Thanks!

pancakedress.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Hi there -- I''m not sure you need to change your bouquet, but I just wanted to say I
30.gif
your dress! I almost got a very similar style... I LOVE the silky tiered dresses this season.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like your bouquet would work fine. Pretty dress BTW.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Pretty dress, and I think your bouquet sounds beautiful and will go just fine with your dress. Tulips are the perfect flower for this season.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I like your new dress and I think your "old" bouquet would look great with it.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I think the tulips in a sunset palette will be gorgeous with this dress. The colors in the flowers will compliment your dress and skin wonderfully!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your dress...as long as your bouquet is simple and not overdone I think it will be fine with the dress.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually think your current bouquet would work perfectly! What are you concerned about? The colors or the style of flowers?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think that your current bouquet will be wonderful because tulips are fairly structured flowers and that dress is too. Before I even read about your current bouquet I thought that either tulips or callas would be perfect for your dress... peonies or other high petal count flowers- not so much. I would keep what you''ve already ordered!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, girls!!

My concern was probably more about the actual flower variety than the colour. I had wondered if roses or lillies (calla, not stargazer) would be better - also whether I should go with a single colour rather than a palette.

The bouquet is very simple - it''s just long stemmed blooms handtied with ribbon, not a round posy or anything, so relaxed and long-lined.

We are getting married outdoors in the early evening on an old castle terrace by a big lake so I''m hoping that the "sunset" colours will pop against the backdrop!

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
I think your dress is very elegant, sophisticated and understated. Personally, I think that a bouquet of lily of the valley would look amazing with that dress. I wish they were in season for my wedding!

1218_gallery_image.jpg

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
here''s a simpler version of another lily of the valley bouquet

lilyvalley2.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I love your new dress and I''m with the other posters -I think your bouquet will still be fine :)

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, Pancake, I''ve been thinking about buying this dress in an off-white and I''ve always planned to do a sunset-coloured bouquet of tulips (heavy on pinks), so you have my 100% vote on your second dress with the first choice of flowers
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Please post some pictures so we get to see how gorgeous you look!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Haha Echidna - we must be twins!

I actually feel really bad because I bought a Lisa Ho dress (and had it altered) before I left Auatralia 6 weeks ago - that said I have lost weight travelling (think it''s all the walking = certainly not deliberate) and I was getting really stressed about finding somewhere to have it altered on the road. I just happened to encounter this dress accidentally in St Tropez (no no...I am not one of those luxe travellers, we were just stopping by!) and the rest is history. PLUS the Max Azria store is doing the alterations for me with a 2 day turnaround, so really it must have been meant to be :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results