shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgent Help Needed - LM Antique Cushion Purchase

Lottie80

Rough_Rock
Hi Pricescopers,

I am in the process of purchasing an antique cushion stone from Perry (who has been great to deal with!)

Here is the link to the video Perry shot for me:

http://www.youtube.com/user/artofplatinum#p/a/u/0/eWtVLDfT_nw

Also, please find attached a copy of the cert.

I have seen the video Perry shot but I'm still waiting for him to send through a picture. I can't really gage whether or not is has a high crown since it is called a 'Cushion Brilliant' and not an 'Old Mine' will it still appear as a chunky cushion?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers!!!

Attachments

• GIA Cert.pdf
    317.3 KB · Views: 129

DanMgy

Rough_Rock
If you take a look at the cert it says the crown angles are greater than 40% and the table is 51%, the combination of those two will make it have a VERY larger crown. Looking at the video it almost appears that the crown is the same size if not bigger than the pavilion. From my understanding GIA very seldom uses labeling old mine cut diamonds and uses cushion brilliant or cushion modified brilliant. There are like 4 mandatory requirements to make it cushion brilliant. From all the stones I have seen you certainly have larger broader facets with a cushion brilliant, much closer an AVC.

The one thing consistent thing that I see on here is that everybody says that you really need to see a cushion cut in person to truly see if it what you want. Just see if it is worth paying that shipping cost to view it in person.

Lottie80

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback!

Shipping out to see the stone isn't an option as I'm from Australia.

I had another look at the video and it looks like an amazing stone! Will post pics as soon as they come in from Perry!

Good to know it will have a high crown and broad flashes :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like a beautiful stone :)

Lottie80

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I'm back with some pics Perry sent me. He sure did come through!

I managed to get a zoomed in version of the diamond front on and I can see a black dot on the front which is obviously an inclusion. Do you think it will be visible to the naked eye?

photo.JPG

photo-1.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have to ask Perry about the inclusion, but usually VS2 inclusions will not be noticeable. The video showed a very high crown angle! Looks like a very pretty stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results