shape
carat
color
clarity

Upset

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Was told today that even though they promised me one of the two jobs... basically they lied. I changed my flight-- they paid the flight change because it was at their behest that I changed my plans-- and my plans, turned down other job opportunites and well. The project is over tommorow and they aren't keeping me-- or anyone else on.

Just really angry and upset. And hurt. Stupid. I should know better than to trust a bunch of lawyers. LOL.

One step ahead. Two steps back.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif

Oh my god. I''m so sorry, Gypsy. That''s terrible news. You have my sympathies!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
38.gif
That sucks! I hope you find something even better, and they regret not keeping you!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Gypsy! I would be SO p*ssed off! Do you have an opportunity to go back to any of the other positions that you were offered (assuming you want them of course) and see if they''re still open?

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I know it is probably cold comfort at this point, but my Mom always says that everything happens for a reason - and that wasn''t the job you meant to have.

Something better will come!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks all.
9.gif

On the plus side... I've missed you all. I'll be able to pop in for more than checking my posts and the occassional drive by. *sigh* I liked it there.

DeeJay-- first thing I did. Of course they didn't tell us until 6:00 pm... so it's not like I could talk to someone, but I left messages and emails.
7.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
well, now you know you can''t trust them...poor baby. sympathy.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
As the saying goes when one door closes, another one opens. I'm sorry this happened Gyspy. Keep your chin up, better things are ahead for you. Good luck!!
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
(((((((Gypsy))))))) I''m so sorry... I wish you the best...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very sorry to hear that, too, Gypsy. But as you already knew, I was concerned about the long work day and the 3 hour round trip commute. There's just gotta be something better. {{{hugs}}}

magpye

Rough_Rock
Hey Gypsy, what a disappointment after all that trouble
20.gif
Well, on the bright side you won''t have that awful commute and at least they didn''t take Mr. Twig and Berries over you.
27.gif
Plus now you can re-focus on finding that dream job!
36.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/26/2006 8:02:52 PM
Author:Gypsy
Was told today that even though they promised me one of the two jobs... basically they lied. I changed my flight-- they paid the flight change because it was at their behest that I changed my plans-- and my plans, turned down other job opportunites and well. The project is over tommorow and they aren''t keeping me-- or anyone else on.

Just really angry and upset. And hurt. Stupid. I should know better than to trust a bunch of lawyers. LOL.

One step ahead. Two steps back.
That''s a true statement right there! Attorney''s are looking out for their own best interest
29.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
everyone here has given you wise advice gyp...i''m sorry that you still have to keep looking but i do agree that something better has got to be out there and when one door closes, another one opens! good luck and keep your chin up.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy,

This absolutely stinks! I''d be pretty upset & angry too if I felt used like that - they hired you with one expectation and totally re-neged on it. UGH!

One possibly good upside? I think I remember you saying either of those 2 positions was like 1.5 hours of a commute for you - ONE WAY?

Maybe you''ll be able to find a closer position this time? Save you gas money, time, frustration, etc?

Just my thought... BEST OF LUCK!

Aussiegirl : p

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chin was drooping earlier... but it''s up again thanks to you all. Apparently they placed two attorney''s with more experience in the positions. One has 8 years of practice experience. Still. They did promise, we relied, and they backed out. Still furious over that.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, I''m asking ''lawyer-ish'' questions to a lawyer, and I''m sure you''ve figured this out, but I''m curious...

Did you have anything in writing? Any absolute promises that guaranteed you the job?

Do you have any recourse here? Or did they cover their tracks adequately, since they''re lawyers and should know better?

Not trying to push here, just wondering if you have any chance at getting that job?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Believe me. It''s occured to me. But what they are saying is that they honestly did intend to place me long term in the position. But the client called and said that they were considering going ''in a different direction'' this morning... so they provided them with a few more experienced names, they picked two they had worked with before and had liked. They say that they were relying on the information the client (the firm) had given them when they told me I had one of the two positions. And they couldn''t do anything about it. And no, nothing in writing. But well... them paying for my flight/vacation change is pretty strong evidence. Believe me. My brain is working overtime too.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
as an attorney once told me, don''t overlook all the options unless you see something in writing. in other words, you don''t have a job offer until that job offer is in writing. its always been my policy to continue with interviews and accepting offers of employment because unless i''ve actually got that offer letter, i''ve got nothing. this is true in all employment, not just legal.

the best you can do is chalk it up as a learning lesson and leave on good terms: you say you liked it there so 1-there may be something in the future and you want them to call you and 2-you may want to use them as a reference.

still sucks though.

movie zombie

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Honey,

Just checking in to say hi.

Sorry to hear about the job offer not materializing
7.gif

xoxo

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
MZ... Yeah. I usually communicate with them via email-- so everything is in writing. But my email was on the fritz last week. Completely kaput... so everything was on the phone. So, yeah. Writing. Keep accepting jobs. Move on with life. We'll see.

Again, thanks all for the advice and comfort. I'm actually at work now... last day of project. Actually the projects done they are just keeping us here to make sure there is nothing else. So I'm getting paid to web surf.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy... enjoy your day of being paid to surf PS!!

And maybe steal a few Post-It notes too... you''ve earned them : )

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Gypsy...that is infuriating! I am sorry you have to feel this way...I can imagine it must be hard to make your brain stop spinning (as mine would be.) I agree with the others, there will be something better out there at some point. Life has a funny way of turning out sometimes.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
20.gif
Post its...lmao. websurfing....works for me. Still no word on whether or not we have work to do. LOL.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy,

Glad I could make you smile with the Post-Its, even if it was momentary : )

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wasn''t momentary actually. I LMAO when I looked in my purse tonight there was a pack of tiny post it''s in there. Have no idea how it got in there, honestly. But I was laughing so hard tears were streaming b/c I thought of your comment.

Home. Yay. Off to CA for 4 days tommorow. Family reunion. Grandfather''s 90th birthday. Looking forward to it.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have a great trip Gypsy!!! Glad some post its made their way into your purse, LOL!!!
3.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh. I''m looking forward to it! And to meeting with you and DF sometime after I get back!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results