shape
carat
color
clarity

Upset and need some moral support

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone

Getting an engagement ring has been the worst possible thing ever! Then we decided to custom make my Tacori dream ring. Tacori did a fab job and I had myself sized 2 times before I ordered. Well I got them in and while the e-ring fits snug, the w-band was SO tight and they two didnt fit twogther on my finger! I tried everything to get that w-band off and couldnt, and it lost its life in the emergency room a few hours ago. I'm dying for my jewler to call me back because he said he would call Tacori and see if they could help me. I KNEW i should have ordered it with the diamonds only going 3/4 way so I could size it if needed. Now I don;t know what will happen. I'm hoping Tacori can either melt the platinum down and reset my diamonds but they will probably have to make a whole new ring for a pretty penny. I don't know if they will have to remake my whole e-ring now or if they can take away some of the "eternity" diamonds in the back and replace it with plain platinum. I am SO upset and so sad about how much money I have spent and how I should have never gone full eternity. At least I stil lhave my finger.

Thanks for listening. happy holidays

I wish my jeweler would call me!argh!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! How awful... im so sorry! I hope your jeweler does call you back soon and that Tacori will help you out somehow. Did you make modifications to one of their stock rings or was it totally custom? A woman i work with recently got married and her wedding band is too small too even though she ordered it the same exact size as her engagement ring (she has the Ritani Endless Love with the pave around the diamond). She thinks the size difference comes from the gallery being open on her e-ring. Does your ring have an open gallery too? Shes stopped wearing the band since it eternity as well until she figures out what to do.

{(hugs!)}

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Of course you are upset--what a business! Sorry about your trials and tribulations--hope you hear soon from your jeweller.

cheers--Sharon

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I hope the hospital didn''t do too bad of job removing it. Most jewelers do a very good job of damage control because they know they may have to repair it.

There is a reasonable chance that this ring can be repaired on a laser welder and doing a little resetting. Don''t panic just yet.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2004 4
6.gif
2:42 PM
Author: StevL
I hope the hospital didn''t do too bad of job removing it. Most jewelers do a very good job of damage control because they know they may have to repair it.

There is a reasonable chance that this ring can be repaired on a laser welder and doing a little resetting. Don''t panic just yet.
hopefully it can be fixed!! don''t give up yet!!! best of luck.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

I talked to my jeweler and he is still waiting for the designer at Tacori to get back with him. He was so upset to hear that I had to go to the ER! They didnt do that bad of a job cutting it but because my finger was HUGE from the swelling they had to pry it off! So its not so "circular" anymore. He thinks they will probably just recast the ring and re-use my diamonds. And of course make it bigger WITH a sizing bar in the back for future emergencies. Ugh. Well, no one sees the back of the ring anyway and better to have the ability to size up or down in the future right?

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my word! What a bummer. I'm so sorry you had to have your ring cut off.

Absolutely, a sizing bar is the way to go. Weight fluctuations, pregnancy, changes in weather- so many factors can affect our finger size, eternity rings make me nervous. I actually prefer my 1/2 way around ring, because I slather on hand lotion all day. No one will notice the sizing bar.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Just heard from Tacori--

They said that they will be closed until Janu 10th (boo) BUT, they can enlarge my e-ring by 1/2 size for $30. They will have to look at the w-band and may possibly be able to fix it. If not they will have to recast the ring. My jeweler (shameless plug for Chris at tokensjewelry.com) said he is confidant that they will make both look as good as new and everything will be ok. The lady at Tacori stated she will never forget me as she pictured 5 nurses sawing a ring off my finger.

happy holidays!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! I''m sorry that this happened to you, but there are a lot of worse reasons to go to the emergency room. Your jeweler and Tacori will work with you and I''m sure you will get the rings just right eventually!

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
There was such an easy solution- if you sawed off the finger, the ring would not have been damaged- you''ve got nine other fingers right?????

KIDDING- I was just trying to make light of an unfortunate situation.
Based on reputation, it''s a good bet that Tacori will take good care of you.

Best of luck!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This article appeared in National Jeweler:

Marine chooses ring over ring finger

DECEMBER 13, 2004 - Victorville, Calif. -- To repair a hand injury suffered while fighting in Fallujah, Iraq, doctors told a 19-year-old Marine they''d have to cut off his wedding band. California native David Battle asked them to cut off his finger to save the ring, instead.

Doctors complied and severed his finger, but they lost the ring the following day, reports the Associated Press. In addition to his hand injury, Battle suffered serious injury to his legs in a Nov. 13 attack that left 11 other marines injured.

"I can''t believe he did that," Battle''s wife, Devon, told AP. "At first I was mad when he told me, but then I realized how lucky I am to have him in my life."

Battle is currently recuperating at his mother''s house in Victorville, Calif.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
What a horrible thing to happen. I hope it all works out for you.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2004 5:25:37 PM
Author: cflutist

This article appeared in National Jeweler:

Marine chooses ring over ring finger

DECEMBER 13, 2004 - Victorville, Calif. -- To repair a hand injury suffered while fighting in Fallujah, Iraq, doctors told a 19-year-old Marine they''d have to cut off his wedding band. California native David Battle asked them to cut off his finger to save the ring, instead.

Doctors complied and severed his finger, but they lost the ring the following day, reports the Associated Press. In addition to his hand injury, Battle suffered serious injury to his legs in a Nov. 13 attack that left 11 other marines injured.

''I can''t believe he did that,'' Battle''s wife, Devon, told AP. ''At first I was mad when he told me, but then I realized how lucky I am to have him in my life.''

Battle is currently recuperating at his mother''s house in Victorville, Calif.
Wait! After all that, someone LOST the ring? How does that happen? And I''m sorry, but I would slap that boy upside the head a few times if he were my husband or son. Rings can be replaced much more easily than fingers.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Hi Glaucom.

Three points of moral support to bring you good cheer.

1. You still have both finger and blinger.
2. Your jeweler and Tacori rep sound like they are committed to you.
3. A month from now all will be as planned, AND you'll still have one of the coolest names ever on PS.

...now go wassail!
9.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear of your ordeal glaucomflecken.. I hope this all gets resolved promptly!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results