shape
carat
color
clarity

Uppababy Vista Bassinet Stand?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking about registering for this but it''s $245 and I''m wondering if it''s even something we''d need really. We''re going to get an arm''s reach co-sleeper bassinet for the bedroom and we''re also getting a pack n'' play but that''s pretty big for the living room. I could use the bassinet with the stand for the living room but how useful is that really when you have other options? Otherwise I guess we''d just use the bassinet with the stroller only.

Anyone else considering getting one and if so what/where do you plan on using it?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
In all honesty, it never crossed my mind to get it... and now that I know what they charge, it seems insane!

It pops off the stroller very easily, is quite sturdy on its own, and we imagined that we will just set it on the floor or the couch if the baby falls asleep in it while we are walking. I would have paid $50 for it, but definitely not $245.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband loves it, but I don''t think it''s worth the $$. We plan to use the bassinet when we travel, but every place we''d go has a secure place to put it in the room where we''ll sleep. Similarly, I have plenty of flat surfaces to put it on at home if I need to.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Unless you have money to burn, I would not consider getting this. The main issue is that your baby will outgrow the bassinet very quickly, so you will be spending a lot of money for very little time. My DD is tiny (20th percentile for height and weight) and she seemed uncomfortable in the bassinet by 8 weeks. Once they start wiggling around you are going to want them sleeping in something with more space so when they wiggle they don''t end up smooshed against the sides. We found the pack n'' play much more useful. I''d recommend getting one of those with the bassinet insert - it basically raises the bottom up so its easy to get the little ones in and out, but it has a much bigger surface area. At almost 5 months it''s where my DD sleeps at night. We honestly never used the bassinet other than on the stroller.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone that makes it easy! I'm definitely going to take it off our registry list. There are plenty of other things I'd rather have then something that's not going to be super useful and is super pricey.

labellavita81

Shiny_Rock
I too thought that it was a good idea - but I saw the price and said FORGET IT. Our baby is 7 weeks old and we have been sitting the basinet on the coffee table (its very stable) which is working just fine (she sleeps in her crib at night). I did see a $99.00 basinet stand (universal one) that could fit the Uppa Baby at Babies R US.... you should look there for a cheaper alternative!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results