shape
carat
color
clarity

Uplightning at Wedding Venue

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies (And Grooms),

Is anyone planning on doing special lightning at their wedding venue? I've recently been pinning gorgeous wedding with magenta and purple uplightning effects and then a special monogram or texture/color on the dance floor. I've included some picture examples.

Still not sure if this is something we will do - currently at the end of the list due to budget constraints but if I had the money.. I think it would be so much fun! :bigsmile:

35e818dcf1993f327682270e7691a0ee.jpg

picture_27.png

uplighting9.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
I think it's beautiful if you can afford it! I've seen it on lots of wedding shows on tv, but haven't ever been to a wedding with uplighting. I wouldn't stress about it if you can't stretch for it because I don't feel like it's a super common thing that people *expect* to see.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're hoping to do something similar to the 3rd photo you posted. If I can find the picture the event coordinator sent, I'll post it so you can see the room. The DJ provides this in whatever color we want to use. They usually set up lights between the windows of the room and it looks gorgeous!
We don't want to do any sort of texture or monogram because we're trying to stick to clean, classic, simple stuff but I have seen some pretty amazing pictures.

Our DJ charges $450 for just the uplighting added onto the package.

Budget is the question for us right now too. I'm having them leave it out of the contract but they can add it in so long as I let them know 2-3 days prior to the wedding.

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
TooPatient|1373858865|3483105 said:
We're hoping to do something similar to the 3rd photo you posted. If I can find the picture the event coordinator sent, I'll post it so you can see the room. The DJ provides this in whatever color we want to use. They usually set up lights between the windows of the room and it looks gorgeous!
We don't want to do any sort of texture or monogram because we're trying to stick to clean, classic, simple stuff but I have seen some pretty amazing pictures.

Our DJ charges $450 for just the uplighting added onto the package.

Budget is the question for us right now too. I'm having them leave it out of the contract but they can add it in so long as I let them know 2-3 days prior to the wedding.

Your DJ provides uplighting? Great idea! I should ask that to our DJ when we start looking. I actually called a "lightning guy" where that is all he does but the pricing was way too high for us. I'm sure if we hire the DJ however we would get a better discount and overall deal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results