shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading but I need help

Brenic

Rough_Rock
I am looking to get a lab Diamond upgrade and I am having trouble with the cvd vs hpht, blue nuance, and all the rest of the negative things that a lab can have. I have found a few diamonds but not sure if I’m looking at the right places. I’m wanting the stone to be 1.6 or larger and budget of $3500 for the stone. I’d rather not go lower than a G color but am open to go as low as an H color if it’s not too yellow. These are a few I’m looking at. I saw the clean origin stone in person and thought it was beautiful but after looking at it online, I am wondering if it would look as beautiful without jewelry store lighting. Thanks for any help.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Brenic

Rough_Rock

Thank you for the links. I will look into those. Idk if I’m misinformed just by occasionally lurking pricescope but would the hpht Diamond be better for are the cvd diamonds good as well?

Brenic

Rough_Rock
Are you OK with an SI1 that would be perfectly eye-clean from normal/casual viewing distances?

Here's a search link for you to have a look at:

I am ok with eye clean but not sure if I’m ok going that large. I did try on a 2.14 and it looked good. My husband was happy with that size. It does look like a gorgeous Diamond though.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I am ok with eye clean but not sure if I’m ok going that large. I did try on a 2.14 and it looked good. My husband was happy with that size. It does look like a gorgeous Diamond though.

Only a 5% face-up difference. ;-)

Screenshot_20220509-084845.png

Brenic

Rough_Rock
Only a 5% face-up difference. ;-)

Screenshot_20220509-084845.png

That is very helpful. Thank you. What are your thoughts on these stones? Also, what are your thoughts on hpht vs cvd. I’m not opposed to cvd. I just want a top sparkling, beautiful stone with no blue or brown, or any haziness.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is very helpful. Thank you. What are your thoughts on these stones? Also, what are your thoughts on hpht vs cvd. I’m not opposed to cvd. I just want a top sparkling, beautiful stone with no blue or brown, or any haziness.

I'm not a fan of these. Are you looking to stay under $3000? Regarding HPHT vs CVD, good stones can be found with either method. They both need to be vetted for potential issues.

Brenic

Rough_Rock
I'm not a fan of these. Are you looking to stay under $3000? Regarding HPHT vs CVD, good stones can be found with either method. They both need to be vetted for potential issues.
I can go up to 3500 but I was seeing what I could find under 3000. I do like the ones you recommended but most were cvd except one so I was curious because I’ve seen hpht preferred over cvd. I like the Adiamor site but not sure about their settings. I am looking for a Tiffany replica.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These two are HPHT.

These two are CVD but with pricing closer to $3K.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can go up to 3500 but I was seeing what I could find under 3000. I do like the ones you recommended but most were cvd except one so I was curious because I’ve seen hpht preferred over cvd. I like the Adiamor site but not sure about their settings. I am looking for a Tiffany replica.

I think these are Adiamor's takes on the Tiffany solitaire.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I still vote for the 2.35...heck of a bargain and will solve any DSS before it even sets in.

Brenic

Rough_Rock
I still vote for the 2.35...heck of a bargain and will solve any DSS before it even sets in.

I’m seriously considering that one. It’s huge. I believe I have narrowed down the vendor to bc2, Adiamor, and still looking into clean origin due to falling in love with the setting I tried on while visiting in person. I have done more looking on clean origin website and I what are your thoughts on these?

This is setting that I loved:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m seriously considering that one. It’s huge. I believe I have narrowed down the vendor to bc2, Adiamor, and still looking into clean origin due to falling in love with the setting I tried on while visiting in person. I have done more looking on clean origin website and I what are your thoughts on these?

That setting looks beautiful. I like the last diamond you posted.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Not a fan of the specs for any of them, TBH. I would want to stick to as close to 34.5° CA for a 40.8° PA and 34.0-34.5° CA for a 40.9° PA.
I am absolutely not saying that these will not be well cut and high performing diamonds...just saying that I, personally, don't like these proportions.

Here's the similar setting at Adiamor:

And at B2C:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a fan of the specs for any of them, TBH. I would want to stick to as close to 34.5° CA for a 40.8° PA and 34.0-34.5° CA for a 40.9° PA.
I am absolutely not saying that these will not be well cut and high performing diamonds...just saying that I, personally, don't like these proportions.

Here's the similar setting at Adiamor:

And at B2C:

I agree. I was going to add to my post that I like the last diamond more than the other two, but I would prefer proportions closer to super-ideal. The pickings seem a bit slim at Clean Origin.

Your 2.35 pick is quite a deal for the size! If I were buying for myself, I would just want some assurance that it's totally eye-clean to my standards.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I agree. I was going to add to my post that I like the last diamond more than the other two, but I would prefer proportions closer to super-ideal. The pickings seem a bit slim at Clean Origin.

Your 2.35 pick is quite a deal for the size! If I were buying for myself, I would just want some assurance that it's totally eye-clean to my standards.

B2C, being a PS vetted vendor, has a safe return policy...I also think it's a heck of a deal for the carat weight so it might be worthwhile to purchase it before someone else snatches it up, then test drive it for a week or three during the 30 day return period:

Brenic

Rough_Rock

Apparently my husband has come home and is now obsessed with GCAL diamonds LOL. Im looking at Adiamor. I do like the big one that was recommended but the extra grading has won us over. I am looking to see which one I like. My husband says they all look the same lol

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently my husband has come home and is now obsessed with GCAL diamonds LOL. Im looking at Adiamor. I do like the big one that was recommended but the extra grading has won us over. I am looking to see which one I like. My husband says they all look the same lol

LOL, I'm obsessed with them too! Isn't the GCAL 8x grading awesome?

I will reiterate that these are my two favorites.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
$6239 (before tax) in the platinum setting after 1% coupon code LABNOW.

Screenshot_20220509-202243.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Brenic

Rough_Rock
Looks like you found a winner!
Use DiamDB to compare this one to the 2.35

I was happy with the 1.61 I tried on at clean origin. This one will be 15% larger than that and much better cut! I can't wait till it arrives and I hope it comes in time for my anniversary. I'll post pictures when it comes in. Thank you both for your help.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I was happy with the 1.61 I tried on at clean origin. This one will be 15% larger than that and much better cut! I can't wait till it arrives and I hope it comes in time for my anniversary. I'll post pictures when it comes in. Thank you both for your help.

Congrats, Brenic!
Looking forward to seeing the pictures and reading about your thoughts and impressions!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see your pictures.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results