shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading band decision

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
Well if you've followed my story, you may know I bought an eternity band that I wasn't entirely happy with, it was custom made. Not really anyone's fault except maybe I just didn't know exactly what I wanted.

After speaking with the jeweler and a little bit of pursuit, I found out I can make a change and basically upgrade the size of my stones and reset in a style I will like better. Though it will cost me a decent amount.

I think I want to do this, but I guess I'm afraid of feeling like I made a mistake that cost me X amount and now I'm just adding on to that. What if I didn't end up happy with the end result and just put a few more thousand into it? I think the risk here is that the jeweler is in Ny and I'm in LA, so I cant necessarily be super hands on and go see everything and try on everything. We even had sizing issues due to this.

Any thoughts you can give me? I really do think my issue is that I wanted the stones bigger and I wanted them set lower, more close to the finger. So likely those issues can be resolved, but can I really be sure I will be in love with it? I do know though the quality will be up to par, that is the reputation of the jeweler. so that's not the worry. I guess its will I like it on me and will it solve the things that were bothering me?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
What about buying one from WF, BGD, or JA that you can return if you don't like it? If you end up going custom, definitely try on several rings in local brick and mortar stores to get a good idea of the size of diamonds and the setting you like!

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
yes I guess if i go that route I would have to work on selling my current band. hmm but it makes sense. I like the idea of something returnable. so much less worrisome.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a bit of a tricky situation - throw more money at the problem to see if it works out perfectly, or take a different, 'safer' direction and buy 'off the shelf'.

What does your gut tell you? :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you have them make a wax of the setting and send that to you before proceeding? It will help with sizing issues but it will be difficult to
tell anything as far as diamond height.

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
That's what I just did actually...I had a 4 ct total band and I Loved it but every time I looked at it I saw a straight edge and the diamonds seemed too small..My guy made me a larger one with a more silhouette look to it with larger stones and it's exactly what I had in mind!!! So glad I made the upgrade. I did get it in and it's a bit larger
Width wise when I close my fingers but it's due to the style and larger stones, and when I first tried it I first thought the size was too big but it was freezing cold that day and its actually fine now..is this the band you have with the 20 pointers that was a little too snug?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results