shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB Updating my WTB OEC thread

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I had a prior WTB that consisted of looking for 6.2-6.5mm OECs. Since I have decided to go bigger, I have made an updated thread.
If you have any OECs lying around (we all only wish) shoot them my way.

Parameters:
Matching facet pattern to picture
Dimensions: 6.6-6.8mm
Color: K, L, or M
Clarity: Eye clean SI1 or better
Budget depends on stone

I can be reached at this old listing. https://loupetroop.com/listings/bands/3ctw-french-cut-eternity-sz-8-dot-25

Thank you

Edited: forgot to add picture
BA8A34DB-5935-4232-B1DA-8F068166264B.jpeg

I have no stones to offer. Just want to send dust your way that you get lots of offers (with pics included!). And that you'll find the perfect match soon and can get started on setting these beauties so the rest of us can drool over the finished piece!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I have no stones to offer. Just want to send dust your way that you get lots of offers (with pics included!). And that you'll find the perfect match soon and can get started on setting these beauties so the rest of us can drool over the finished piece!

Thank you very much for your dust and well wishes! With how scarce old cuts are nowadays it's seriously getting harder and harder. Even on ebay and etsy its slim pickins! I may have to even end up paying... dun dun dun.... RETAIL! :eek2:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thank you very much for your dust and well wishes! With how scarce old cuts are nowadays it's seriously getting harder and harder. Even on ebay and etsy its slim pickins! I may have to even end up paying... dun dun dun.... RETAIL! :eek2:

Hahaha! Noooooooo! Are you making a three stone or five stone?

LOL, I’ll probably put feelers out to see if anyone wants to buy the setting with the diamonds first and if I don’t get much interest from that, I’ll separate the two.

Totally. Harder to sell a setting with 3 empty spots. Hm, maybe I'll be able to find a 8mm colored stone I love before your setting goes on the market :devil:

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don’t have an oec to sell but have you thought about selling the setting with the diamonds in it? I imagine it will sell pretty fast on here.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Totally. Harder to sell a setting with 3 empty spots. Hm, maybe I'll be able to find a 8mm colored stone I love before your setting goes on the market :devil:

The seller in me wants to go “yes yes yes!” but the honest PSer in me needs to tell you that my stone has great spread so it’s shallow. It’s barely 5mm and it’s set super low. I know CS tend to be a bit deeper...

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Three! The setting and the diamonds will be up for sale after DK takes out my center.

No stone offer, sorry, but just wondering why you are going with DK this time for the setting? If I’m not mistaken your current setting is made by CJD sako? I’m in the process of getting a 3 stone made and wondering about the difference between the craftsmanship of the 2. Thank you!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
No stone offer, sorry, but just wondering why you are going with DK this time for the setting? If I’m not mistaken your current setting is made by CJD sako? I’m in the process of getting a 3 stone made and wondering about the difference between the craftsmanship of the 2. Thank you!

You are correct. My current setting is made by Sako! I can only comment on the craftsmanship of Sako’s work since I haven’t had DK make me anything yet. My Sako setting is perfect. Prongs, metalwork, it’s even beautiful louped. When I was getting this setting made it was a toss up between Sako and DK too but I went with Sako because I wanted a little bit more hand holding since I hadn’t gone custom in a while. Of course the price also reflected the hand holding. This time I’m going with DK because I have a clear vision on what setting I want and I also want to make sure I can tweak the CADs as many times as I like without paying extra fees.

Cant wait to see your 3 stone! Do you have a thread about it?

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I’m looking for side stones for a sapphire but still undecided on the size....

Your new 3 stone is really going to be a showstopper! Good luck finding your other oec!

It’s crazy how much thought and waffling back and forth side stones cause! I think I might have sprouted a few grey hairs!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
So you are keeping the center, and replacing the side stones

wow you didn’t even have to list it! Incredible!

Yup! Keeping the center! I love my center! I might love it a little bit more if it was bigger lol. But with this upgrade, I’ll be going from about 17mm coverage to about 22mm.

The setting went fast! I just mentioned it on here and I got like 5 or so different emails inquiring about it.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
You are correct. My current setting is made by Sako! I can only comment on the craftsmanship of Sako’s work since I haven’t had DK make me anything yet. My Sako setting is perfect. Prongs, metalwork, it’s even beautiful louped. When I was getting this setting made it was a toss up between Sako and DK too but I went with Sako because I wanted a little bit more hand holding since I hadn’t gone custom in a while. Of course the price also reflected the hand holding. This time I’m going with DK because I have a clear vision on what setting I want and I also want to make sure I can tweak the CADs as many times as I like without paying extra fees.

Cant wait to see your 3 stone! Do you have a thread about it?

His stuff is pretty immaculate. I am spoiled by the workmanship.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results