clarity

Updates, anyone?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lin_ny|1361411173|3385909 said:
BeeCushion|1361387090|3385456 said:
lin_ny any updates on your package????
It's been sitting in customs since 6am Monday morning. I kid you not. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Ugh, that's so poopy. This is for diamond only, though, right? You still need a setting? It must be dreadful to have to ship back and forth and deal with customs :(

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1361414789|3385988 said:
It's been sitting in customs since 6am Monday morning. I kid you not. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Ugh, that's so poopy. This is for diamond only, though, right? You still need a setting? It must be dreadful to have to ship back and forth and deal with customs :(
Correct - diamond only. I'm hoping we'll be able to get some help with shipping/insurance from the folks @ ERD when we send it off to set it. And I won't really have to deal with waiting for customs when it comes back from ERD - because SO won't let me see it anyway... it'll be shipped to him at work probably so he gets to sweat over that! :lol:

My experience has been pretty annoying and I'm ready for it to be over. So dramatic, right??? My tracking page has said "clearance in progess" for about 60 hours now. I'm starting to go crazy!! :knockout: They must be dealing with 100s of packages because otherwise, there's just no excuse. :nono:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, lin_ny! Customs dust!!!

So I think I want to come back to the list! But I don't want to be presumtuous, because again, I'm not in a rush... and while we already have the stone, he's not in a rush to set it... but the ball is 100% in his court and lately he's been mentioning it and yesterday he even made a reference to our wedding!
My update with SO is that he has no timeline because it's not based on anything. At first he said, "How about 2014? A year from now?" Then that lead to him saying that he'd marry me tomorrow... but I still need to be asked... So I guess that means I'm waiting!
At the show, he bought another ring that just sang to him-- it's turquoise and really didn't do anything for me until he started describing what it meant to him. Long description short, it's mystical, magical, reminds him of Mother Earth, 100% how he sees me. If he proposes with that, I'll be deliriously happy. The diamond can be set whenever, I want to be with him forever. :)) I'm so happy I'm rhyming. :LOL: :love:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Lin_ny, I hope you have your diamond very soon. It will be worth the wait but I would totally be annoyed too. :errrr:

I showed SO the Hilary Duff pic and he thought that seemed totally reasonable and appropriate. :tongue:

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny|1361416266|3386016 said:
madelise|1361414789|3385988 said:

Correct - diamond only. I'm hoping we'll be able to get some help with shipping/insurance from the folks @ ERD when we send it off to set it. And I won't really have to deal with waiting for customs when it comes back from ERD - because SO won't let me see it anyway... it'll be shipped to him at work probably so he gets to sweat over that! :lol:

My experience has been pretty annoying and I'm ready for it to be over. So dramatic, right??? My tracking page has said "clearance in progess" for about 60 hours now. I'm starting to go crazy!! :knockout: They must be dealing with 100s of packages because otherwise, there's just no excuse. :nono:

Ugggghhhh! This must be sooooo frustrating for you! I'm even frustrated, haha, I want to see PICTURES! :lol:
Hopefully it clears soon, lots of ******dust******

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Mini update....so when we first went to talk to the jeweler about our setting, he said it would probably take him 3 weeks once he got the stone. Well, today is exactly three weeks since SO dropped it off. I have no idea if it's ready, SO took over as soon as the stone arrived and I've been out of the loop. Originally we were both going to check in once the jeweler had the wax ready so we could look it over, but I haven't seen or done anything and I have NO idea if SO has been over there or been in contact with the guy. IIRC, last time he did something for me it took a little longer than he originally said, and with V-day just having come and gone, I suspect he might have been extra busy. Either way though, I think we're now within the window that the ring could be totally done! I'm trying not to think about it or obsess, or snoop.... :Up_to_something: because I really want to maintain an element of surprise. But now I'm going to be suspicious anytime we go out, or are alone, or with my birthday coming up....

Also, it's REALLY hard for me to not be thinking about "where's the ring, is it in a safe place???" SO tends to sometimes forget where things are, especially if something is hidden :-o
Hopefully he could never forget about the ring, and it is insured, but it's still making me a teensy bit crazy. I would love to think that he put it in the safe, but he always has to ask where the key is and what the combo is, so I don't know if he could get it in there by himself :lol: :cheeky:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
lin_ny I hope your ring clears soon (and you aren't charged any customs fees)!!!

BeeCushion omg that is so exciting!!! When is your birthday?

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1361473799|3386631 said:
lin_ny I hope your ring clears soon (and you aren't charged any customs fees)!!!

It's in about 2 weeks....the big 3-0 :-o
We are going to visit my mom and her husband who live in Lake Tahoe, and then take a couple of days for ourselves in a free hotel stay we got. My brother and his fiance are also going to join us and I think brother's FI's parents will even meet up one night for dinner (they live just an hour or so away from Tahoe). So it will definitely be a family affair, but I'm really excited. I don't think SO would propose in front of people, I think he will be more private. We're both excited for this trip and it would seem to be the perfect opportunity, but sometimes I think that SO won't want to go for the obvious choice....haha, so I really have NO idea what he's thinking! He also might be so excited when he gets the ring that it just happens as soon as he comes home with it :lol:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
OMG.

omg1.jpg

omg2.jpg

omg3.jpg

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Couple more!

omg4.jpg

omg5.jpg

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
My nice black phone makes some nasty reflections... wish I could take better pics!

I'm obsessed. It's got a beautiful, warm tint that is just delicious! :lickout:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS!!! :love:

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
DANG! That is a beauty!!! :appl: I want more pics!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! It's so beautiful. I love the facet pattern.

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Yaaaayyyy!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: It's about DANG TIME! :lol:

Do you just love it? It looks amazing :love:

It looks so white, I love it!!! Yay for L's that look so good (see my avatar too :bigsmile: )

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo, its just lovely! Congratulations! It looks like a sweet snowflake.

When are you sending it for setting? :appl:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Thanks everyone! I'm so happy to see you gals like it too. We really, really love it. I wasn't sure what to expect because I'd never seen an OEC in person that was this large. Well, I wasn't disappointed, that's for sure! The colour is more beautiful than I could have imagined for an "L-M"! And the faceting is so sharp and it's just a really pretty diamond!

Chewy - we should be sending it soon. I'm not sure what SO has planned. He will send it for setting and receive it and whatnot so I can actually be surprised when the time comes. :bigsmile:

Here's a video of the sparkle under my kitchen's halogens in case any of you don't follow in SMTB much: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKPY_pGkd2I

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Its great to have you so excited, lin_ny! I hope you get to play with it for a few days, but not too many!, before it is whisked away by your SO. :bigsmile:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
wakingdreams53|1361422014|3386115 said:
Aww, lin_ny! Customs dust!!!

So I think I want to come back to the list! But I don't want to be presumtuous, because again, I'm not in a rush... and while we already have the stone, he's not in a rush to set it... but the ball is 100% in his court and lately he's been mentioning it and yesterday he even made a reference to our wedding!
My update with SO is that he has no timeline because it's not based on anything. At first he said, "How about 2014? A year from now?" Then that lead to him saying that he'd marry me tomorrow... but I still need to be asked... So I guess that means I'm waiting!
At the show, he bought another ring that just sang to him-- it's turquoise and really didn't do anything for me until he started describing what it meant to him. Long description short, it's mystical, magical, reminds him of Mother Earth, 100% how he sees me. If he proposes with that, I'll be deliriously happy. The diamond can be set whenever, I want to be with him forever. :)) I'm so happy I'm rhyming. :LOL: :love:
Sounds like things are moving in a wonderful direction!! :))

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
BeeCushion|1361474130|3386638 said:
pandabee|1361473799|3386631 said:

It's in about 2 weeks....the big 3-0 :-o
We are going to visit my mom and her husband who live in Lake Tahoe, and then take a couple of days for ourselves in a free hotel stay we got. My brother and his fiance are also going to join us and I think brother's FI's parents will even meet up one night for dinner (they live just an hour or so away from Tahoe). So it will definitely be a family affair, but I'm really excited. I don't think SO would propose in front of people, I think he will be more private. We're both excited for this trip and it would seem to be the perfect opportunity, but sometimes I think that SO won't want to go for the obvious choice....haha, so I really have NO idea what he's thinking! He also might be so excited when he gets the ring that it just happens as soon as he comes home with it :lol:
Maybe he'll sneak you away for a little romantic walk or something! You never know! I'm hopeful for you!!! :D

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1361502617|3387290 said:
Its great to have you so excited, lin_ny! I hope you get to play with it for a few days, but not too many!, before it is whisked away by your SO. :bigsmile:
Haha... I think today was my one and only chance to play! Sad but also happy that it'll get set !

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny LOVE the new avatar!!! :bigsmile:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
BeeCushion|1361511893|3387392 said:
Haha looks like we have something in common!!! ;-)

My boyfriend said "are you making an avatar?" And I was giggling. He thinks I'm nuts a bit I'm sure :D

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny|1361542149|3387524 said:

My boyfriend said "are you making an avatar?" And I was giggling. He thinks I'm nuts a bit I'm sure :D

Haha, that's so funny. When I was posting that I love your avatar SO was like "what are you doing" and I said "Complimenting her new avatar...look she has that wonky ring holder just like mine!" :bigsmile:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
BeeCushion|1361569635|3387987 said:
lin_ny|1361542149|3387524 said:

Haha, that's so funny. When I was posting that I love your avatar SO was like "what are you doing" and I said "Complimenting her new avatar...look she has that wonky ring holder just like mine!" :bigsmile:
Hahahaha! Too funny. They're onto us!

So I came home from work today and my diamond was missing. :o

No big deal though, SO took it. He's hiding it somewhere now until he sends it off to be set. I texted him and said "DA hell is my diamond!" and he wrote back with a smiley face. He won't tell me anything anymore. Oh well, my 1/2 a day with it was complete bliss. :lol:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous, lin!!! :love:

As for me, there's been nothing.

M might be getting a refund this year from his taxes (usually he owes money), but it's a small chunk (compared to mine). 5 or 6 hundred, maybe, but any refund is better than owing. He mentioned putting it towards a new mattress (we are using a 20 year old hand-me-down from a relative) and I was like "I guess...." I'd rather he saved it or put it towards bills (like I had to with my $1600 towards a credit card :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: ) but........ whatever. I didn't even hint towards saving for my ring. He mentioned how he wanted me to have at least a carat a few weeks ago. I laughed under my breath and thought "Yeah, good luck finding a GOOD one for 3K. :rolleyes: "

I don't know what it is. I've gone from major LIW-itis to the complete opposite. (I don't give a sh*t anymore -itis? :lol: ) I don't know if I'm harboring resentment towards him or what. But I've been feeling super negative about the whole thing lately and been in "woe is me" ville.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
MBKRH|1361583334|3388211 said:
Absolutely gorgeous, lin!!! :love:

As for me, there's been nothing.

M might be getting a refund this year from his taxes (usually he owes money), but it's a small chunk (compared to mine). 5 or 6 hundred, maybe, but any refund is better than owing. He mentioned putting it towards a new mattress (we are using a 20 year old hand-me-down from a relative) and I was like "I guess...." I'd rather he saved it or put it towards bills (like I had to with my $1600 towards a credit card :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: ) but........ whatever. I didn't even hint towards saving for my ring. He mentioned how he wanted me to have at least a carat a few weeks ago. I laughed under my breath and thought "Yeah, good luck finding a GOOD one for 3K. :rolleyes: "

I don't know what it is. I've gone from major LIW-itis to the complete opposite. (I don't give a sh*t anymore -itis? :lol: ) I don't know if I'm harboring resentment towards him or what. But I've been feeling super negative about the whole thing lately and been in "woe is me" ville.
1) thank you, thank you very mucho :))

2) I BEEN THERE, WOMAN! I know exactly what you're going through right now. Exactly. Precisely. It was me a few months ago. I still have days when I wonder why things aren't going the way I'd hoped or I think they should. I know it might not be for everyone, but something that really helped me was taking a few months away from PS. I know it seems kinda extreme... or silly... or something, but getting the whole ring/diamond thing out of my mind was so much easier when I wasn't glued to PS all the time.

I don't know what to say to help you. Just know that you definitely aren't the first to feel that frustration. Trust in yourself, your choices and your relationship. And know it'll come when it's right. Maybe he's saving up and you don't know about it (I always told myself this, even though the events that have transpired with us getting the diamond I know it wasn't true... hahaha). My biggest fear when I was super crazy and irrational about getting engaged and being in such a hurry - was that I was pushing him away, and making him not want to marry me. I had serious fears that I'd totally ****ed everything up just by wanting a stupid ring and a stupid wedding. :lol: Dayum, I'm nuts.

Anyway, hang in there girl! And not giving a shit for a while is gonna be good for you! Hugs!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I did the same thing as far as taking a break from PS. Of course we don't want you to go anywhere, but sometimes all the PS stuff doesn't help when you're in a bad head space. And it's also probably hard to hear advice from people that are moving forward, so feel free to tell me to shove it, I won't mind, I get it :bigsmile:
I actually lurked on PS for quite a while before officially coming "back." I kind of wish I'd come back to LIW sooner bc I love the camaraderie, and honestly feel like a bit of an ass for the fact that my list time will probably be short, but I waited to come back until things were really in motion bc it was hard dealing with what I went through before (with the ex) and I didn't want to torture myself by reading all the PS stories before I was more sure of my timeline and stuff.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! Definitely feel free to tell us to shove it!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MBKRH|1361583334|3388211 said:

I've been like this since December.
Resentment --> annoyance --> asking him when --> he gets annoyed --> we fight.

So I kind of don't care anymore.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results