shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny - I'm looking forward to hearing more about your stone! I'm glad you are able to get the setting of your dreams. ::)

cygnet - I had that exact conversation with my Mum last week! Creepies. My 25th is a couple of weeks after yours. I'm just glad she thinks its a acceptable idea!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Bella is such a cutie! I love it when they are resting with those cute "puppy" eyes. My labby Maya is 8 years old. She's my constant companion and bestie. I'll be thinking about you for her upcoming appointment!

Maya was so glad "her" team won the Superbowl!

maya_ravens_fan.jpg

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler|1360791597|3379446 said:
It's when he has the ring that it's THE WORST. I actually feel like I am going to go crazy at any moment sometimes. I agree. I think the less you know, the better. I even know where the ring is... Some days are so tempting. What would he do if I just started wearing it? lol :Up_to_something:

Oh man, I will just need to come on here regularly and vent. :lol:

I honestly don't know how I'll NOT wear it when it arrives. Oh man, I'm just gonna dieeeeeeee. You should probably just wear it. What's the worst that could happen?!?! Haha, I'm an enabler. Sorry.
antiquesparkler|1360791668|3379448 said:
P.S. AMAZING SETTING!!! :naughty:
I'm unhealthily obsessed. I can't wait to have one of my own. Hopefully my ring will be as breathtaking as this one. :lickout:

cygnet|1360791852|3379452 said:
BE STILL MY HEART!

Wow wow wow! Oh, I love that setting! Can you tell us more about the diamond?

And yes, I know the feeling about not being able to survive once it's in his possession. Mine is in production right now, but soon he will have it and then I have NO idea when he's going to propose. I was trying not to think about it, but then I got all riled up about it again yesterday and now I'm getting antsy again. My 25th birthday is in less than a month, and I was talking to my stepmom yesterday on the phone and she was going on and on about how 25 is the perfect age to get engaged, and asking what my birthday plans for, and if G had any special plans for me for my birthday, and repeatedly saying "well, 25 is a good year. He should do something special for your birthday. Because 25 is a good age...." YES I GET IT you think I should get engaged. Hm, I think so too.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut he's not really big on birthdays (he'll do something nice for me, but he's one of those people who think that birthdays stop being a big deal after you're 21 because after that nothing really changes with a birthday) so I doubt it'd be a birthday proposal....argh!
The setting has definitely swept me off my feet. I've loved that one for a while now but have went back and forth on just a simple solitaire. I'm not sure I could do any other setting though - I'd always wonder what this one would be like! So I have to do it!

The diamond is a 1.3 ct L OEC. :love:
chippy_on_finger.jpg
closeup.jpg

You have a gorgeous diamond by the way. Step cuts are really starting to grow on me!!! And I really hope he's able to surprise you!! I've always wanted to be really surprised. I have a feeling it won't be as shocking now. Boo. :blackeye:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1360802069|3379571 said:
lin_ny - I'm looking forward to hearing more about your stone! I'm glad you are able to get the setting of your dreams. ::)

cygnet - I had that exact conversation with my Mum last week! Creepies. My 25th is a couple of weeks after yours. I'm just glad she thinks its a acceptable idea!
I will definitely post lots of pictures when I receive it! For now I just have the current owners pics to drool over... it'll have to do for now. :bigsmile:

Thank you. I'm really happy too. But I think I'll only believe it when I see it! Too good to be true perhaps!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
mandasand|1360802939|3379579 said:
Bella is such a cutie! I love it when they are resting with those cute "puppy" eyes. My labby Maya is 8 years old. She's my constant companion and bestie. I'll be thinking about you for her upcoming appointment!

Maya was so glad "her" team won the Superbowl!

Mandasand! Maya is gorgeous! I love labs! I don't know if you have Instagram, but I follow more labs than people. These people post multiple pics of their doggies all day! (I'm insane haha)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
lin_ny|1360804055|3379595 said:

I will definitely post lots of pictures when I receive it! For now I just have the current owners pics to drool over... it'll have to do for now. :bigsmile:

Thank you. I'm really happy too. But I think I'll only believe it when I see it! Too good to be true perhaps!

Yay for a stone!! What happened did your "dream stone" I thought I saw you already bought a diamond a few months back? Or maybe I got you confused with someone else or is this the same stone lol

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1360815973|3379777 said:
lin_ny|1360804055|3379595 said:

Yay for a stone!! What happened did your "dream stone" I thought I saw you already bought a diamond a few months back? Or maybe I got you confused with someone else or is this the same stone lol
Nope, that was me. Good memory. :)) I was so, so darn close to buying it. I had reserved it. My boyfriend and I decided a few things at the time, 1) it was too expensive and 2) he wanted to do the buying/picking etc. so that I could be surprised for the actual proposal.

After that I took a break from PS because I was becoming a bit obsessed. :oops: So fast forward a few months later, I've been perusing PS a lot more. I came across this diamond the other day and basically it was an opportunity we just couldn't pass up. It's beautiful and much bigger than I thought I could get within this budget!!! The diamond + setting will come in at a really reasonable, realistic price and my boyfriend is happy to spend a lot less than he expected to.

He told me last night that he planned to still have me select the diamond and setting I want - because he knew what I wanted was so specific. He was trying to track down an emerald semi-eternity to propose with (and then we'd pick the diamond and design the ring afterwards), but hasn't been able to find one. He also realized it'd be kinda weird for me to become engaged without the actual ring - and although I agree, I'd be okay with whatever. I just love him. <3 So yeah, we both feel pretty good going forward with this one.

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
lin_ny|1360803910|3379588 said:
The setting has definitely swept me off my feet. I've loved that one for a while now but have went back and forth on just a simple solitaire. I'm not sure I could do any other setting though - I'd always wonder what this one would be like! So I have to do it!

The diamond is a 1.3 ct L OEC. :love:
chippy_on_finger.jpg
closeup.jpg

You have a gorgeous diamond by the way. Step cuts are really starting to grow on me!!! And I really hope he's able to surprise you!! I've always wanted to be really surprised. I have a feeling it won't be as shocking now. Boo. :blackeye:

1) That diamond-- GORGEOUS. Yay, it will be beautiful on you!
2) I'm glad you're doing the bezel setting-- it's unique and gorgeous! I can understand the waffling because classic solitaires are lovely too, but... I think the bezel is more beautiful. :)
3) Thank you! I never in a million years thought I'd have a step cut in my e-ring (don't get me wrong, I LOVE step cuts, but they don't have the look I wanted for the one ring I'd wear every day for the rest of my life) but this Octavia.... this diamond has a big personality and I can get lost looking into it. I definitely could never get bored staring at it. It's very bold and dynamic, which is what I wanted in my everyday ring.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Maya is beautiful, Mandasand! :bigsmile:

Lin_ny- Your diamond is breath taking. I am so glad to hear you got a great deal and you are getting the setting of your dreams. We could almost be diamond twins! Is he going to let you see it after it’s set?! …Or is it all going to be secret? Honestly, it would be easier if it was a secret but I was just thinking if you do get to see it, be sure and take lots of pics! Not just because we are all dying to see, but also looking at the pictures helps me stay a little sane. Just a thought. :wink2:

So, anyone expecting a Valentine’s Day proposal? :naughty: I wonder if there will be any list movement tomorrow. Lots of ~*~DUST~*~ to all of you!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Maya and Bella are so gorgeous!! THE FACE! I love labs SO MUCH, they are like furry people. SO's family dog was a black lab, he was the sweetest thing, he was an old grey man when he passed last year.

lin_ny - It sounds as though it all worked itself out better than you could have hoped!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
cygnet|1360827539|3379852 said:
1) That diamond-- GORGEOUS. Yay, it will be beautiful on you!
2) I'm glad you're doing the bezel setting-- it's unique and gorgeous! I can understand the waffling because classic solitaires are lovely too, but... I think the bezel is more beautiful. :)
3) Thank you! I never in a million years thought I'd have a step cut in my e-ring (don't get me wrong, I LOVE step cuts, but they don't have the look I wanted for the one ring I'd wear every day for the rest of my life) but this Octavia.... this diamond has a big personality and I can get lost looking into it. I definitely could never get bored staring at it. It's very bold and dynamic, which is what I wanted in my everyday ring.
Thank you! We're putting payment through tonight so we should receive it early next week. I am ANXIOUS to see it for myself. Hopefully I love it as much as I have in the pictures/video. And hopefully all goes well with the setting process too. Nerve racking!!!

You made a stellar choice with that octavia. You're so right about the boldness/dynamicness. That's what a nice step cut can offer that MRBs can lack. I can't wait to see it set and on your finger!!! :naughty:

antiquesparkler|1360871166|3380123 said:
Maya is beautiful, Mandasand! :bigsmile:

Lin_ny- Your diamond is breath taking. I am so glad to hear you got a great deal and you are getting the setting of your dreams. We could almost be diamond twins! Is he going to let you see it after it’s set?! …Or is it all going to be secret? Honestly, it would be easier if it was a secret but I was just thinking if you do get to see it, be sure and take lots of pics! Not just because we are all dying to see, but also looking at the pictures helps me stay a little sane. Just a thought. :wink2:

So, anyone expecting a Valentine’s Day proposal? :naughty: I wonder if there will be any list movement tomorrow. Lots of ~*~DUST~*~ to all of you!
Thank you so much! Like I mentioned above, I'm really hoping I love it was much as the pictures and video I've seen. I'm nervous to see the colour though... I just don't know what to expect. It APPEARS really white face-up! :shock:

I'm not sure if he'll let me or not. We did joke that he should probably get it shipped to his office if he wants me to be surprised. I could go either way honestly. I think not seeing it will help me be more surprised for the proposal and then there's a little bit left to the imagination. Obviously I'll have ERD take pictures (and maybe a video if I'm lucky) before they ship the ring out, so I'll have those to look at. And you bet - if I see it, there WILL be pics! So many pics you guys are gonna be so tired of me by the time this is all said and done!!! hahaha! :lol:

I am not expecting a v-day proposal. We don't really celebrate. :)) You???
Chewbacca|1360875865|3380217 said:
Maya and Bella are so gorgeous!! THE FACE! I love labs SO MUCH, they are like furry people. SO's family dog was a black lab, he was the sweetest thing, he was an old grey man when he passed last year.

lin_ny - It sounds as though it all worked itself out better than you could have hoped!
So far, so good. I'll feel like I can breathe once the diamond is @ ERD for setting. Until then, I'll just be nervous about it getting lost in the mail I think!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
She just sent me another picture!!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

photo3.jpg

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I've been looking all over PS for Valentine's engagement stories and pictures of blingy presents...I haven't found very many which is kind of a bummer!
Anyways, my co-worker was *convinced* I was getting engaged last night, even though I told her that I'm pretty sure the ring isn't even done yet AND V-day would be too obvious, not SO's style. She was talking about it so much that I almost thought maybe she knew something I didn't. Well, come today I was right and she is disappointed :lol:

However, SO did get me a really sweet gift and I think it means I won't be waiting for too long....

theknotbook.jpg

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Okay ladies, I need lots of dust for Monday. :bigsmile:

SO and I have work off and we are celebrating our 2 year anniversary. Our first date was lunch at this amazing Brazilian steak house. We went there to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and we are headed there Monday to mark 2 years… I am not sure if it will happen Monday or not. I know it won’t be at the restaurant because we have a ‘no public proposal’ rule but either before or after lunch would be okay.

What can I say? I am a LIW and I am hoping! Well, I am trying not to get my hopes up but I am painting my nails… let’s put it that way. :Up_to_something:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler|1360963813|3381160 said:
Okay ladies, I need lots of dust for Monday. :bigsmile:

SO and I have work off and we are celebrating our 2 year anniversary. Our first date was lunch at this amazing Brazilian steak house. We went there to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and we are headed there Monday to mark 2 years… I am not sure if it will happen Monday or not. I know it won’t be at the restaurant because we have a ‘no public proposal’ rule but either before or after lunch would be okay.

What can I say? I am a LIW and I am hoping! Well, I am trying not to get my hopes up but I am painting my nails… let’s put it that way. :Up_to_something:
Oooo very exciting! :appl:

Do you think he'd do it when you may expect it? I wonder what goes through their heads when they decide when they'll do it!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
BeeCushion|1360953750|3380997 said:
I've been looking all over PS for Valentine's engagement stories and pictures of blingy presents...I haven't found very many which is kind of a bummer!
Anyways, my co-worker was *convinced* I was getting engaged last night, even though I told her that I'm pretty sure the ring isn't even done yet AND V-day would be too obvious, not SO's style. She was talking about it so much that I almost thought maybe she knew something I didn't. Well, come today I was right and she is disappointed :lol:

However, SO did get me a really sweet gift and I think it means I won't be waiting for too long....

theknotbook.jpg
Don't you love when people are convinced you're gonna get engaged? It's like... I think I know better than you do! :lol:

I had that over Christmas holidays a bit... sadly I had to return to work without a ring. People were disappointed. haha.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Beecushion, if that isn't a sign your stay is almost over, then I don't know what is! :appl:

antique Happy (early) anniversary! I love how you're preppin' your nails, just in case. :Up_to_something:

~*~*~* loads of dust ~*~*~* to both of you!~ :appl:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like everyone is progressing nicely-- gorgeous diamonds ladies!!
*DUST* To all the ladies who have been waiting far longer than ever possible.

So my update is more of a non-update... I haven't talked to him about it. I just hate having to be the one bringing it up all the time, even though we have the most open relationship possible. I don't want it to seem like I'm pushing it or in any rush, but when I mentioned the stone and no particular timeline, he said that he wants it to be set-- he also sees no point in an unset stone.

But that's as far as that's gone... Now we're redoing/refinishing the bathroom= my valentine's day present. IDK any other girl who would suggest painting the bathroom for V-Day instead of going out. :lol:

And while all of that's great, we haven't even looked at the stone in a week. It needs to be measured and appraised for the setting since I don't feel comfortable shipping out such a valuable stone--they need exact measurements or else it won't fit/look right.

Now I don't feel comfortable bringing any of this up because we're investing so much into the refinish and I don't want it to seem like nothing is enough for me. I'm asking him for a new bathroom, a timeline and a ring? Yeah... no. I'll hopefully return in a bit with better news :)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Yay for all the progress going on around here!!!! Looks like lots of movement in the near future ::) :appl: wakingdreams a bathroom remodel is a lot of work....hopefully you guys can narrow down a timeline together soon! :))

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatttt.. no one came off the list for Valentine's day this year?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1361220704|3383394 said:

nope :(( I hope this doesn't mean I'm bad luck as a LK!!!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee said:

nope :(( I hope this doesn't mean I'm bad luck as a LK!!!

Nooo, its not you pandabee!

In a couple of days (since Schafenm on 01/20) it will have been an entire month with no list movement! ;(

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It's not your fault, pandabee! The engagement fairy has been slacking lately!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I could update while I'm here! Its a fun one - I'm gathering information for SO to purchase our ring! I'm weary of overwhelming him, so I'm trying to keep it as low key and simple as possible. I guess I'll give it to him in a week or two. He suggested I email it to him, so he'll always have it 'on hand'.

Extra bits: I have always been unsure about having an ering, but SO said he would like to do this for me. He wants something 'we can show off', I'm kind of overwhelmed with the generosity of the gesture, and wracking my brain to think of how I can reciprocate! I have a setting in mind, and he also loves it. I'm still not sure when he will propose, though. There is a high chance that we will be relocating come January (nationally or internationally), so its come down to a bit of a logistics juggling act!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
It's too cliche, no? :tongue:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1361228458|3383547 said:
I guess I could update while I'm here! Its a fun one - I'm gathering information for SO to purchase our ring! I'm weary of overwhelming him, so I'm trying to keep it as low key and simple as possible. I guess I'll give it to him in a week or two. He suggested I email it to him, so he'll always have it 'on hand'.

Extra bits: I have always been unsure about having an ering, but SO said he would like to do this for me. He wants something 'we can show off', I'm kind of overwhelmed with the generosity of the gesture, and wracking my brain to think of how I can reciprocate! I have a setting in mind, and he also loves it. I'm still not sure when he will propose, though. There is a high chance that we will be relocating come January (nationally or internationally), so its come down to a bit of a logistics juggling act!
Enagagement watch. Engagement TV! I tell my SO I'll buy him something when he pops the question. :))

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny|1361232913|3383644 said:
Enagagement watch. Engagement TV! I tell my SO I'll buy him something when he pops the question. :))

I gifted SO his watch for Christmas a few years ago, and we don't have/want a TV! Thanks for your help, though! What do you think you'll buy your SO? I do have a few ideas for mine so far. I have a much more modest budget than she will spend on me, but I think I will be able to do something he will be excited about! I'm going to start squirreling away money now. :naughty:

PS. Have you received your diamond yet??

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1361233830|3383675 said:

I gifted SO his watch for Christmas a few years ago, and we don't have/want a TV! Thanks for your help, though! What do you think you'll buy your SO? I do have a few ideas for mine so far. I have a much more modest budget than she will spend on me, but I think I will be able to do something he will be excited about! I'm going to start squirreling away money now. :naughty:

Yeah, I gifted SO a watch for Christmas a few years ago too - that he'll likely wear forever! haha!

I'm honestly not sure what I'll get him. I did tell him I want to buy our wedding bands... so I'm gonna do that for sure. He wants a really nice suit for the wedding so maybe I'll do that for him. I obviously want it to be as practical as possible. Unlike the total unpracticalness of my e-ring. :lol:

I am literally waiting for it as I type this. Was supposed to come guaranteed today... and the night isn't over yet... so I suppose it could come at any time! Fingers crossed because waiting until tomorrow feels like torture! :twirl:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny|1361234127|3383684 said:
Chewbacca|1361233830|3383675 said:

Yeah, I gifted SO a watch for Christmas a few years ago too - that he'll likely wear forever! haha!

I'm honestly not sure what I'll get him. I did tell him I want to buy our wedding bands... so I'm gonna do that for sure. He wants a really nice suit for the wedding so maybe I'll do that for him. I obviously want it to be as practical as possible. Unlike the total unpracticalness of my e-ring. :lol:

I am literally waiting for it as I type this. Was supposed to come guaranteed today... and the night isn't over yet... so I suppose it could come at any time! Fingers crossed because waiting until tomorrow feels like torture! :twirl:

I'm thinking the opposite of you.. I want to get SO something equally as 'cherry on top' as our ering! Practical schmactical! :tongue:

Fingers crossed it arrives soon! We are all waiting for your reaction, and more photos! :appl:

lktx

Shiny_Rock
I'm getting my SO an engagement shotgun so he can go skeet shooting (I guess that's what you do with a shotgun?), as long as he doesn't go ahead and purchase one in the intervening time.

He's a country boy at heart, so as weird as that sounds, it's the perfect present. YEEEE HAW!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results