shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to want to buy SO an engagement watch, too. Something expensive that he can wear forever. One of the brands that would be refurbished and such in case it gets messed up… like a Rolex or Patek Philippe or something….

Yeah. His fault he didn't propose before I quit my more FT job. With my eyes on grad school, and my accounts bracing themselves for a huge blow for tuition, the watch is not going to happen.

His parents just got him a Movado for Christmas, too, so meh! HIS LOSS FOR WAITING.

I'll just pull a Hilary Duff ;))

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1361249945|3384005 said:
I used to want to buy SO an engagement watch, too. Something expensive that he can wear forever. One of the brands that would be refurbished and such in case it gets messed up… like a Rolex or Patek Philippe or something….

Yeah. His fault he didn't propose before I quit my more FT job. With my eyes on grad school, and my accounts bracing themselves for a huge blow for tuition, the watch is not going to happen.

His parents just got him a Movado for Christmas, too, so meh! HIS LOSS FOR WAITING.

I'll just pull a Hilary Duff ;))

FF wedding present is money towards an Audemers Piguet. It was originally me buying him a rolex. He has 2 rolexs right now (just bought his second the other night). Yea, i think the decided amount of gift is around 5k...LOL. FML.

i better get some really good anniversary presents/wedding gift!!!!

I wish FF would wear a movado...he is such a freaking snot. he hates tags, the "cheapest" watch he'd wear, which was his breitling - he just sold to help pay for the new rolex. On the other hand, he drools over patek but he knows those are way out of any price range he will ever see! He has a "list" of watches he wants, but he even said once we buy a house, the "fun" stops. (THANK GOD) Im not sure why you need more than 1-2 watches?! :confused:

Luckily i dont have any expensive habits, because his watch habit is seriously an obsession! (kinda like all the diamond obsessions here!)

HollyDolly

Rough_Rock
I bought my husband (feels SO strange saying that!) a Burberry raincoat. I already bought him a classic watch for his 30th birthday last summer and the coat is something he wouldnt have indulged on but will wear for a long time. It was a good choice, he doesnt often express feelings for any item but I heard him tell his mum that he 'loves this coat' so thats good enough for me!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
I am DYING waiting for my diamond to arrive.

It was supposed to come today, but it seems as though it got tied up in customs. DAMN YOU, CUSTOMS! DAMN YOU!!!!! :angryfire:

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny|1361317909|3384827 said:

It was supposed to come today, but it seems as though it got tied up in customs. DAMN YOU, CUSTOMS! DAMN YOU!!!!! :angryfire:

I know how you feel!!! I didn't have a customs issue but when I was waiting for my stone there were thunderstorms and such in Tennessee where FedEx's main hub is. So my package was delayed by one day and it was torture! My poor little stone had to wait out the thunder and lightning, lol :cheeky:

I halfway wanted to write to FedEx and say "Don't you think you should relocate your hub to a place with better weather??!!!"

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
lktx - He he, sounds awesome! All of the ideas I've had for my SO are a little random too, but perfect for him! Love it!

madelise - Hilary Duff? Explain!

LoveLikeCrazy - I had to google it. Crying forever at 5k! How the heck much is this holy grail of watches?

HollyDolly - Congratulations on being able to say husband! Your gift sounds classy, thats great that it was a hit! (PS. I loved lurking your wedding photos!)

lin_ny - How annoying! Hurry up, customs!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
BeeCushion|1361318495|3384841 said:

I know how you feel!!! I didn't have a customs issue but when I was waiting for my stone there were thunderstorms and such in Tennessee where FedEx's main hub is. So my package was delayed by one day and it was torture! My poor little stone had to wait out the thunder and lightning, lol :cheeky:

I halfway wanted to write to FedEx and say "Don't you think you should relocate your hub to a place with better weather??!!!"
You're right. Pure torture!!!

The fedex guy said there aren't even any duties or taxes on it. It cleared that part but now we're just waiting for something to happen? :confused: :confused: :confused: I have no idea how it works but man, it's annoying. The whole day it said expected delivery was today even though it didn't make it out on the delivery truck so technically, the expected delivery had to be tomorrow at the absolute earliest! I waited around all day, barely did anything because I was compulsively checking the fedex tracking page every 10 minutes. I'm a complete psycho. :twirl: I wanted to get groceries today and make a nice home cooked meal. Now we'll probably have to have kraft dinner. ALL THANKS TO FEDEX. :lol:

/endrant.

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny|1361319334|3384863 said:
BeeCushion|1361318495|3384841 said:

You're right. Pure torture!!!

The fedex guy said there aren't even any duties or taxes on it. It cleared that part but now we're just waiting for something to happen? :confused: :confused: :confused: I have no idea how it works but man, it's annoying. The whole day it said expected delivery was today even though it didn't make it out on the delivery truck so technically, the expected delivery had to be tomorrow at the absolute earliest! I waited around all day, barely did anything because I was compulsively checking the fedex tracking page every 10 minutes. I'm a complete psycho. :twirl: I wanted to get groceries today and make a nice home cooked meal. Now we'll probably have to have kraft dinner. ALL THANKS TO FEDEX. :lol:

/endrant.

Hahaha! FedEx.... Destroying plans and sapping productivity since 1971 :lol:

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hahaha I love that you brought her up Madelise. :Up_to_something:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to clarify...obviously if that's how you want to show your appreciation for your SO, I'm all for it. Obvs no need for you to do it in full view of a big window for the entire world to see though... :sick:

Lots of updates in this thread lately!! LLC keeping you in my thoughts for tomorrow!!! Lots of happy dust hopefully.

So many diamonds making their journeys to their new ladies as well!!! So so exciting :appl: Can't wait to see them all on everyone's fingers!!!!

One of the reasons SO came up to see me last weekend other than vday was to have a meeting with his district manager to see about getting a job...well he has an unofficial offer now and will be working between the various stores in the area (with the goal of eventually having a permanent store if he wants one here in town where we go to school and where I am from)!!!! I'm very excited for him :praise: Still waiting to hear about my job situation, but at least one of us will be making money when we graduate!!!!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
pandabee|1361336924|3385083 said:
Just wanted to clarify...obviously if that's how you want to show your appreciation for your SO, I'm all for it. Obvs no need for you to do it in full view of a big window for the entire world to see though... :sick:

Lots of updates in this thread lately!! LLC keeping you in my thoughts for tomorrow!!! Lots of happy dust hopefully.

So many diamonds making their journeys to their new ladies as well!!! So so exciting :appl: Can't wait to see them all on everyone's fingers!!!!

One of the reasons SO came up to see me last weekend other than vday was to have a meeting with his district manager to see about getting a job...well he has an unofficial offer now and will be working between the various stores in the area (with the goal of eventually having a permanent store if he wants one here in town where we go to school and where I am from)!!!! I'm very excited for him :praise: Still waiting to hear about my job situation, but at least one of us will be making money when we graduate!!!!

Oh yes of course. That's how I interpreted your remark-- I didn't think you were saying that celebratory BJs were trashy, just that maybe right in front of the window wasn't the best place for that to happen... :lol: Though I'm not sure if that's actually what's happening in the picture, but I can see why the tabloids chose to paint it that way because it definitely looks like it.

Fabulous news pandabee! I'm so excited for you two! I really hope you can make it work in the same city. You two deserve it.

Hey btw about your diamond... I thought you were thinking about getting a meteor... but you already have a diamond?? Have I not been paying enough attention? Spill!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
cygnet|1361337866|3385095 said:
pandabee|1361336924|3385083 said:

Oh yes of course. That's how I interpreted your remark-- I didn't think you were saying that celebratory BJs were trashy, just that maybe right in front of the window wasn't the best place for that to happen... :lol: Though I'm not sure if that's actually what's happening in the picture, but I can see why the tabloids chose to paint it that way because it definitely looks like it.

Fabulous news pandabee! I'm so excited for you two! I really hope you can make it work in the same city. You two deserve it.

Hey btw about your diamond... I thought you were thinking about getting a meteor... but you already have a diamond?? Have I not been paying enough attention? Spill!

I didn't think it would be interpreted otherwise really, just wanted to make it sound nicer haha.

Thanks love! You are so sweet. If I can find a job in this area still then that'll be great. If not, we'll just move in together and keep looking for jobs. Just will be a bummer because I really want to get my loans paid off ASAP!!!!!

We bought a preloved AVC in a Tacori setting last fall so that'll be my e-ring (I posted some pics in one of the newbie's threads!) but the Meteor is a side project that I'm dreaming about...I think I'm going to run out of hands for all the ideas I have in my head ;))

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Aha, side project.... yes, save the meteor for when you are making a million dollars an hour and then buy the 100+ ct. one. As a gift. To me.

Plz.

Speaking of student loan debt, my loan provider sent me an email telling me I'm late on $15,000 worth of payments... even though no payments are supposed to be due until 6 months after graduation, and I graduated in December. So um, what? Great, something else I have to deal with now.... :rolleyes:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lin_ny|1361338935|3385103 said:
madelise|1361335525|3385069 said:
Chewbacca|1361318998|3384856 said:

http://www.thesuperficial.com/hilary_duffs_guide_to_acceptin-02-2010
:shock: :shock: :shock: Is this REAL?! :lol: Hilarious... wtf was she thinking!?!?

(Doing it in front of the window I mean) :tongue:

Whattttt, you don't like PDA? :lol:

Meh, her balcony, her place (or whatever, her rental), and I'm sure there was no one around, and no one in eye-view. Paparazzi probably used a bajillion zoom to get that photo. Sucks that she is forever remembered for giving that sign of appreciation… But I can sure tell you that doing it in risky/public situations is not a rarity in the least. People just won't admit to it since, ya know, our very "modern" society still can't talk about sex like it's normal. Nope, nobody does it, we're all virgins, and when we get married, we'll only do missionary!!! :lol: :lol:

As long as she wasn't doing it on a playground or across the street from an elementary school, or something. *Shrug.

I'm just bummed that I can't afford a 10K+ watch for SO as a management gift. I wish money grew on trees!! And it's not even about the brand or the amount of money spent.. It's about having a "man" item that is equally as special and great quality as an engagement ring that can be passed down for a few generations to our children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. Something that can increase in value after proper care.. and can be fixed up when damaged. LOL! Can you imagine him bringing his Michael Kors watch to get it fixed 50 years from now? Yeah, that won't happen.

And since I have an antique diamond, I was actually looking on keeping the theme, and seeking an antique watch. I was so excited.

Nope.

Oh well. I don't think he'd ever wear it, anyway. I don't even think he'd wear a WB that costs more than a hundred bucks. He's always so scared of losing stuff, so his things go in hiding, safe from the world of disasters!

Speaking of money, shopping, and relationships:
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/6596515_700b.jpg

PS shrunk my direct upload so you can't read the context, so apologies for making you click!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Mad, I'm sure you'll wind up buying your SO an antique watch as soon as you start making bank anyway! :naughty:

Also, HAHA at the BBT picture.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Aw madelise agreed. I haven't thought much about what to buy SO but I think he wouldn't want something so high value anyway. Gotta spin it as a future heirloom that's a good one!

With regards to Hilary, you're right that as a culture we kinda shy away from being open about sex. However I think that even if we talk about it more openly, doesn't mean I wanna actually see everyone else doing the :naughty:!

cyg-is there anyone you can call or email to make sure your loans are deferred until June?

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny any updates on your package????

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1361379730|3385357 said:
Chewbacca|1361345614|3385164 said:
madelise said:

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

HAHAHAH, whatttt??

Its just a great moment in celeb history! I'm serious, its just so normal and real, and funny that it got caught on film! (If thats whats actually going down.) I find her taking a ring picture on the balcony like that almost as amusing as the next part. Its like girl commentary.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chewbacca|1361392439|3385554 said:
madelise|1361379730|3385357 said:
Chewbacca|1361345614|3385164 said:
madelise said:

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

HAHAHAH, whatttt??

Its just a great moment in celeb history! I'm serious, its just so normal and real, and funny that it got caught on film! (If thats whats actually going down.) I find her taking a ring picture on the balcony like that almost as amusing as the next part. Its like girl commentary.

LOL, okay I get you. Yes, it is. I find it super amusing because, honestly, I would totally do that. You know. Just without the paparazzi using a telescope to take pictures of me from a mile away. :oops:

Celebz be normal people too. I think paparazzi just way crossed the line. They could have not leaked that photo. At least it was covered up :X and not actually showing anything.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
BeeCushion|1361387090|3385456 said:
lin_ny any updates on your package????
It's been sitting in customs since 6am Monday morning. I kid you not. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lin_ny|1361411256|3385913 said:
luckyerialc|1361393440|3385575 said:
madelise|1361335525|3385069 said:

Oh my goodness.... How have I never seen this before!?!? This definitely just made my work day MUCH more interesting!!! :naughty: :lol: :lol:
It probably should have had some sort of NSFW disclaimer. :lol:

OOPS. NSFW!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results