shape
carat
color
clarity

Update

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies, I just wanted to post an update on what''s going on in relationship land for me. I''ve been extremely busy over the last 5 or 6 months and so haven''t been on PS as much as I''d like, so that''s why I haven''t posted this sooner!

Some of you may remember that I got engaged about a year ago (wow, was it really that long ago?) after lots of waiting (over 5 years!) and anticipation and all the stuff that goes along with being a LIW. After that point, unfortunately, things started heading south with us (which is entirely the wrong direction considering how a relationship SHOULD be after becoming engaged) and I ultimately made the decision to end it. Things just weren''t working out, I wasn''t happy, and I truly couldn''t see myself marrying him anymore.

It was a really tough thing to do, I know he loves me and cares for me so much and it killed me to have to do it. In the end, though, I know that I made the right choice and would not have been as happy as I know I could/should be.

I''m currently seeing a wonderful guy who has made me feel all kinds of special in ways ex-FI never did, and it amazes me because I don''t think I ever truly realized how unsatisfying my old relationship was. I am so much happier now.

Thanks for reading!

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Good luck with your current BF! :)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back!
35.gif
Thanks for updating us. Sounds like you made a good decision. Keep us posted as to how things are progressing with your new SO -- and other things!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back StarSparkle! I too came back to PS after a bad relationship ended, although it ended on here. But I am glad you are in a good relationship now, it is quite amazing to know how wonderful and amazing you can feel with someone that truly loves you and treats you like you deserve! I''m glad you came back, stick around! Keep us updated! Maybe you will be back on the LIW at some point!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very concise and well put. I''m glad to see you back and posting more than you have been for a while.

Plus, you even sound happier.

Miss you girly. I don''t get to talk to you nearly as much as I used to...

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I know it''s hard to end a relationship, but good for you. I''m glad you were able to see that it just wasn''t what you wanted. Congrats on your new man! Sounds like you are very happy together!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
happy dreams, mscushion - Thank you! New BF is just fabulous.

ilovesparkles - Thanks, and I''m sorry to hear about your relationship. It does boggle my mind how different this one feels and how differently he treats me and just the overwhelming love I feel from him and feel FOR him. We''ve already dicussed marriage (and diamonds and erings!) and I already feel like a LIW again!

Freke - Lol, yup. I AM a lot happier, and with good reason! I miss you too! I just can''t wait to get home and be done with this place so I can get back to some semblance of a normal life.

Tuckins1 - It was difficult, but I''m so glad I realized it wasn''t right before we got married. Thanks for the congrats, he is great!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for the update, and I think if you were unsatisfied, then you made a wise decision. Please keep us up to date w/ the progression of your new relationship amongst other things!

Best wishes!
35.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i''m happy for you, and welcome back!! :)

its amazing how one change can really open our eyes, eh?

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
Although I am not familiar with your history here, I just wanted to say welcome back and I look forward to hearing lots from you as the weeks progress. It sounds like you made the right decision for you and your happiness and it''s wonderful to hear that you are so happy.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 10:22:48 AM
Author: star sparkle
Freke - Lol, yup. I AM a lot happier, and with good reason! I miss you too! I just can''t wait to get home and be done with this place so I can get back to some semblance of a normal life.
Namely...SHOE SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Star Sparkle,

I remember your story. I am really glad you are in a good place! I am in a similar situation, so I totally "get it"
1.gif

Glad you are back.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m delighted that you''re in a better relationship now! Thanks for the update!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you star sparkle!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I love how everyone comes back and updates on this site - proof that this is a totally fab ''virtual community''.
Congrats on having the guts to go forward, to a better place!
I wonder if you''re edging back into LIW status, by updating us on your adventures??!
31.gif

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the support, everyone! It''s ridiculous how much happier I am now. It should be illegal!
26.gif

Lara: LIW-land definitely isn''t too far away for me, we''ve just got a few things that need to be worked out first (one being that in 6 weeks, we''ll become long-distance
14.gif
). But we''ve already discussed these things and have plans in place to overcome them, so I''m not too worried about it.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2009 8:03:36 PM
Author: mscushion
Welcome back!
35.gif
Thanks for updating us. Sounds like you made a good decision. Keep us posted as to how things are progressing with your new SO -- and other things!

Ditto! I''m glad your filling more fulfilled in this new relationship! It sucks that we sometimes have to endure heartache and suffer to find out what we really desirve!

YAY FOR YOU AND YOUR NEW MAN! keep us posted!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results