shape
carat
color
clarity

update(w/pcis) on my bdrm redecoration, still need some help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

well we have been steadily working away on our bedroom....
I still need input re. what to put on walls, and am contemplating dying my duvet cover, since the other one I have isn''t nearly as gold as I had remembered....

First: Wallpaper room
2nd: stain wood trim
3rd: go back to store where I purchased wallpaper and complain that one wall came unglued
4th: apply new glue to wall :)
5th: begin closet projects!!

Oh, and if you have ever dyed a large cotton thing, I would gladly take tips for how to do it!

so without further ado, here come the pictures!!

biggershotofroommm.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
pay close attention to the power boxes on the ceiling, what can I cover that with but still make it look balanced on the other side too???

and I will be buying new bedside tables, in the next month or so....any ideas?? :)

I just bought this tree from Michael''s as well as the base it is in, and I think I will lift the plant in there a bit to give it some more height..

uglythingatceiling.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
notice anything new here???

no closet doors!! we took them down and hung fabric!

fnaskdlfre.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
the inside of my new closets!! MY wonderful and talented hubby whipped these shelving units up in two afternoons!! He made mine one day and then decided he wanted one too!!! lol

I love it!!

full closets.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I am thinking of using this candlestick holder over our bed. My hubby said he could cut off the candlestick holders for me... (isn''t he great).. :)
and then I could swag fabric through it....

twistything.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
but I also bought9 of these mirrors, thinking I would do a 3 x 3 box over our bed..
do you think I need to introduce some round lines? I am afraid everything is so straight...

37887_PE129836_S3.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
here is a pic of my hubby hard at work!

cuttinherdown.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
my little Andrew helping his daddy~

myboyssss.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
so,
now I am calling on you many talented women for the decorating tips... people ask me what I am going for in this room, I would say I want it be a relaxing, tranquil room...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, you, your hubby and son are adorable. You need pictures for your bedroom. Also, an actual night stand (can hubby build one?) and pretty lamp. I think that is all you need.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i have had no dying experience for more than 25 years. i do know that it used to be the old rit dye and it could be a pain to fool with. if you get it on anything it is permanent but if something wet layed on the dyed object it would fade in that area. it would probably be near impossible to get such a large item to take the dye evenly. jmho maybe someone has some current experience with modern dyes.
1.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Overstock.com has great house stuff for a decent price, but it's one of those things where you have to keep looking because their stock changes so often!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 11:59:54 PM
Author: Skippy123
Wow, you, your hubby and son are adorable. You need pictures for your bedroom. Also, an actual night stand (can hubby build one?) and pretty lamp. I think that is all you need.
thanks Skip!

he could build me one, but I think I want something rounded, or with some drawers, bc I am struggling to find a place for pajamas and stockings/socks to go...unless I bump my sweaters to the top shelf in the closet and get a couple more baskets, which I might do, since I HOPE We won't be needed sweaters for much longer.....man it stays cold here for so long!!

as fas as pictures go, I just don't know what to look for is my problem. like i said, i have the 9 small mirrors....do i put them over the bed? if I do, i still have lots of blank space to the left and right. do I put shelves? pictures? candles and sconces???

soooo many choices, lol....

and then what do I put next to the window...and what color window treatment....
new duvet cover????

so I get overwhelmed and wonder which piece of the puzzle to get next......

argggh.

thanks for the tip tawn!! I have been browsing overstock.com today!
31.gif
31.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the tip tawn!! I have been browsing overstock.com today!
31.gif
31.gif

When you start getting Overstock deliveries weekly, I''m pleading the 5th...

They have some sheets that are completely lovely as well, just make sure to read the reviews to find out which are the popular ones! I have a down comforter with embroidery that is just amazing! Oh, and we got my son a memory foam topper for his bed for a fraction of the regular price!

I wish they still had the stands one of my girlfriends ordered last year, they would have looked great with your room so far! The drawers started small at the top and got bigger as you went down, but they were small enough not to be dressers, but big enough to fit all sorts of stuff in and still make a nice bedside stand!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results