shape
carat
color
clarity

Update on diamond shopping! Need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
So BF and I went ring shopping yet again. We were deciding between and 3/4 and full carat stone. However, the saleslady found us an alternative, a 7/8 carat. Honestly I couldn''t see much difference between that and the 1 carat. We looked at a bunch of diamonds (including the Leo) and I was just so in love with this 7/8 carat peerless. G in color, SI1. We tried to go lower in color but because the diamonds in the halo setting are G''s, anything lower than a G looked yellowish.

Anyway, it went well but I was a bit dissapointed that my BF didn''t put the diamond on layaway. We chatted about it and he said he wouldn''t do that with me there and he wants me to trust that he''ll get me something beautiful. I know he will, but I''m one of those people who struggle with giving up control and I''m having difficulty with it. Thoughts?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Well, I don''t know your SO but I''m pretty sure he''s going to go straight back at the first chance he gets to get that diamond. I wouldn''t worry.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I don't know why (so many) guys have this thing about buying the girl a diamond in secret, when it's the girl that has stronger preferences regarding diamonds.
But... it's a cultural thing.

At least you know he really wants to please you, and that's the important thing.
I'm sure it'll all turn out fantastic, so try not to fret, petal!
3.gif

The other side of the coin is a man like mine - never set foot in a jewellery store for engagement ring shopping... runs in to buy me Christmas present jewellery (on Christmas Eve) while myself and the kids sit in the carpark with the engine running!
So, just think ... perhaps it could be worse?
20.gif

My commiserations and warmest wishes!

L.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m with Mscushion on this one.
Since he knows you love it so much, he may go back and put it on hold the first chance he gets! ***dust***

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the dust everyone!

I think I''m just geting antsy since I know it''s less than 6 months away!

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Awwww! ~*~Sprinkles~*~

I need some dust, too!

I think that your FF just wants to surprise you, even at least a little bit.
1.gif

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Dust for you too Lily!!! **sprinkles**

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results