shape
carat
color
clarity

Update and Emotional Thank You from MrsWhitney aka UCLABelle

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
Hello Everyone!

This is about a year over due, but it has been a hard, hard year...yet I have not forgot my beloved PS family and friends (I think I started here in 2005/06 as UCLABelle)

I am not sure who is still on, or who remembers me, but about this time last year I got ill with cancer, and in the same point lost all my valuable, and sentimental jewelry the day I found out I had it...living in NYC, on the UES, I did have insurance, but they were making nearly impossible to get my Tiffany jewelry specially (the policy required I pre-purchase for that designer, or use one they allow, pointing me to BlueNile). While I have NOTHING at all against BlueNile, I was disheartened probably even more than I admitted. I paid for the policy, am a jewelry nut like most of us, and wanted...well, I wished for it to have never happened (especially my health bit), but wanted the closest I could get...to normal. Especially when sick. I mean, a little sparkle would have (and did help) throughout the difficulty that would lie ahead..

I am still ill, but I am finally trying to get my life back...slowly. I had to move for treatment, but we are moving back to the Northeast soon and, with disability through my employer (the very supportive Columbia U), I can at least focus on the rebuild portion. My husband, but particularly my parents, brother, and friends close and afar have helped.

In the back of my mind, I look at my engagement ring, and I really do think of all of you. Because I do know some of you wrote the company who was making it difficult, and for all the supportive comments to my heartbroken (shattered) threads/posts. While an e-ring is usually from a SO, and indirectly it is, this one reminds me of joining Pricescope 2005/2006...always being a place I pop in and out... and knowing that all of you really made the worst month of my life, well, much better.

With LOVE, gratitude, and hopefully on more...

MrsWhitney (UCLABelle)

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Update and Emotional Thank You from MrsWhitney aka UCLAB

Mrs Whitney, I am so glad to see this update and hear that you are doing well! I have followed your recent threads and been hoping that things would improve for you. :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Big hugs to you. :))

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mrs W, I was only thinking about you last week. I realised i hadn't seen you on here for quite some months & began wishing for good news for you.

I followed your difficult jewellery journey & think your new set is simply perfection. I have also followed your other more difficult journey & I am glad to see you back & focusing on your recovery. Big hugs to you!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock

kenny|1458374257|4007747 said:

THANK YOU DEAR KENNY!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock

Alex T|1458379151|4007755 said:
Mrs W, I was only thinking about you last week. I realised i hadn't seen you on here for quite some months & began wishing for good news for you.

I followed your difficult jewellery journey & think your new set is simply perfection. I have also followed your other more difficult journey & I am glad to see you back & focusing on your recovery. Big hugs to you!

Oh so sweet, thank you. Feels good to at least be more social (even if it is online!)....I miss everyone...and appreciate all the well-wishes!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock

Snowdrop13|1458372889|4007745 said:
Mrs Whitney, I am so glad to see this update and hear that you are doing well! I have followed your recent threads and been hoping that things would improve for you. :wavey:

Thank you :) :) I figured an update was overdue, and while I am still ill, it feels good to regain some control and share :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nice to hear from you.Get well soon... :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dear Dani, so glad to hear from you and so happy you are doing well! Sending you big (((hugs))) and much love and continued healing vibes.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am glad to hear from you, MrsWhitney. I hope only that you continue to post and that we soon hear that you are no longer ill. Thank you for thinking of us and taking the time to return and give us your good news.

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MrsWhitney,

Although this is the first time I'm writing to you, I've noted your posts since joining PS a few years ago. What struck me was my impression of you as a lovely, thoughtful person. Your beautiful smile reflects a warm and caring individual.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has silently read your posts and is so pleased to see you posting again.

Although you are still dealing with health challenges, its good that you're trying to get your life back to normal.

May your health improve, and your inner strength be boosted knowing that people you don't know care about you and wish you well.

Hugs

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So happy to see an update, as I have wondered how you were doing! :wavey: I am SO glad you are improving, and I hope to see a post one day soon that says you are totally cancer free! Many people may not understand how we can think of jewelry during a crisis, but I know for myself, jewelry can be a wonderful diversion in otherwise difficult times. So we definitely understand and appreciate you coming back to update us! :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:wavey: Glad to see your post Mrs. Whitney. I remember you as UCLAbelle from years ago. I wish you continued health improvement and send you big, supportive hugs from afar.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy to hear your good news, MrsWhitney. I hope your health continues to improve and your move back to the Northeast goes well.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for posting an update, Mrs. Whitney. :appl:

I hope you will continue to post when you feel well enough.

((( HUGS)))

Q

Queenie60

Wishing you well and hope your health improves. Take care - many hugs to you. :wavey:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock

While I'm mostly lurking, I vividly recall following you sharing your journey, from the overwhelming shock and sadness about the diagnosis, to the additional hurt of losing such sentimental pieces.

So happy to hear you are on the mend, and that your new ring helped in some small measure. :) Thank you for the update!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So glad you are feeling better! Continue healing :wavey: !

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Your threads of your diagnosis, then loosing your jewelry were heart breaking. I am so happy to read that things have settled & you are on the road to recovery. Dust for continued progress! :appl: :appl:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I know your heart considers NYC to be "home", so I'm thrilled on your behalf that you are returning sooner than expected at the time of the move, when you & your husband thought the two of you would be in Knoxville for several years. Although some light snow is predicted for tomorrow night here in the City, we really are on the cusp of true Spring, the season of promise and rejuvenation -- may it be a time of ever increasing strength, vitality, and happiness for you
flower2.gif

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock

Dani--I am so glad to hear that you are returning to the Northeast and are rebuilding your strength. All the best to you and hope to hear more from you soon! I think about you every time I look down at my pre-loved HW baguette band.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So heartwarming to see this update! I think a lot of us thought of you and wondered how you were doing. Glad to hear that things are looking up for you and we look forward to hearing much more from you.

This is definitely a high spot in a grey, winter day!!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am glad you are back...virtural hugs and dust for your continued recovery!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock

Dancing Fire|1458381107|4007761 said:
Nice to hear from you.Get well soon... :wavey:

Thank you DF! Hope all is well with you too :)

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock

diamondrnglover|1458430188|4007974 said:
I am glad you are back...virtural hugs and dust for your continued recovery!

:) I always love PS dust :)

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock

MissGotRocks|1458423565|4007953 said:
So heartwarming to see this update! I think a lot of us thought of you and wondered how you were doing. Glad to hear that things are looking up for you and we look forward to hearing much more from you.

This is definitely a high spot in a grey, winter day!!

AWWW! Thank you MissGotRocks :) :) :) I really wish I had posted earlier, but it has been a long rode; glad my post came on a day to brighten others :)

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock

springerspaniel|1458421520|4007944 said:
Dani--I am so glad to hear that you are returning to the Northeast and are rebuilding your strength. All the best to you and hope to hear more from you soon! I think about you every time I look down at my pre-loved HW baguette band.

I have been meaning to reply to your email (see, how bad have I been!). And can you believe my ring size EVEN went up .25 again :( UGH! Will it end? I am so happy it works at you :) It is pre-loved and LOVED :)

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock

Alex T|1458379151|4007755 said:

Alex T you are too kind. Thank you! I really feel PS is a family!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock

kenny|1458374257|4007747 said:

Oh Kenny, you know, I really missed you!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock

All of you...literally....are my friends. I lurked a bit, but I am hoping to get more active, now that I am at least more on my feet (so to speak)...

These warm wishes just make me smile....I love PS. I cannot imagine life without it. Literally. A decade of either posting/lurking...and always finding the glamour of the jewels, and the kindness of the group priceless.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results