shape
carat
color
clarity

up next a ban on soft TP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Charmin ain''t goin nowhere!
11.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well if super soft TP is a lot worse for the environment than regular TP I''m fine with it being banned. The super soft kind grosses me out anyway.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It doesn''t have to be like silk.... But it can''t scratch my be-hind!!! Regular old Charmin is fine!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep. All of my European guests are amazed at my Cottonelle.

I don't drive a Hummer, I don't eat farmed salmon, I rarely eat beef...I'll take the soft TP.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, so which brands qualify as "luxury" TP?
33.gif

DH and I don''t have a particular brand that we always buy, but I think we''d be hard-pressed to find any TP at our local grocery store that ISN''T double-ply (or even triple-ply) and/or quilted. I think we''re using Angel Soft right now.
4.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmin is about the world''s worst when it comes to septic systems. Because the paper is so thick, it doesn''t break down very well. My husband doesn''t want to hear it. . . he thinks he deserves Charmin. I keep telling him no one ''deserves'' Charmin. . . ha!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 7:24:06 PM
Author: thing2of2
Well if super soft TP is a lot worse for the environment than regular TP I''m fine with it being banned. The super soft kind grosses me out anyway.

Yup.. the soft stuff grosses me out too.
I actually make sure to buy the recycled paper TP.. I like it better anyways.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 10:50:50 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Charmin is about the world's worst when it comes to septic systems. Because the paper is so thick, it doesn't break down very well. My husband doesn't want to hear it. . . he thinks he deserves Charmin. I keep telling him no one 'deserves' Charmin. . . ha!

My in-laws have a septic system, and every time I have to use the bathroom over there I feel like I am actually losing skin!!! It is the single ply, sand paper tp!! I know it's better fir the septic system, but god forbid you have bowel issues......(Or, Eeeeek! Hemorrhoids!) You would have one sore bum!!

YayBananas

Rough_Rock
Trade
Wow.

Last time I was in Europe, I took some toilet paper from the public washroom and wrote letters to my friends on it. It was that thick.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 10:50:50 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Charmin is about the world's worst when it comes to septic systems. Because the paper is so thick, it doesn't break down very well. My husband doesn't want to hear it. . . he thinks he deserves Charmin. I keep telling him no one 'deserves' Charmin. . . ha!
So true. Last year we had to switch to a rapid dissolve toilet paper, because Cottonelle kept clogging our sewer pipes. We'd have the pipes cleaned, and the sewer would back up again in a matter of days. The city came and ran a camera down the pipes, and I was shocked to see a heap of white toilet paper just sitting there. Apparently there was a snag, and the cost of a repair was going to be thousands of $$$.

I found this site Link, and discovered that there are huge differences in toilet paper dissolving times.

Brand Dissolvency Time in Seconds
(lowest is best)
Charmin Plus 1-Ply 9
MD 2-Ply 9
Coronet 2-Ply 12
Angel Soft 2-Ply 12
Scott 1-Ply 17
Soft 'N Gentle 1-Ply 18
Soft Weve 1-Ply 20
Marcal 1-Ply 20
Soft 'N Gentle 2-Ply 21
Seventh Generation 2-Ply 21
Quilted Northern Super 2-Ply 69
Charmin Ultra 2-Ply 77
Cottonelle 1-Ply 96
Charmin 1-Ply 180

You can see that Charmin and Cottonelle are terrible. In fact, they really don't dissolve, as far as I could tell. I backed it up with my own dissolving tests. We switched to Scott Rapid Dissolving toilet paper, and no more clogs. O.k., it's not as soft as Cottenelle, but it gets the job done, and saved us from tearing up the yard and replacing the pipes. I've got better things to spend my $$$ on.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results