shape
carat
color
clarity

Unsure on a Diamond from JA

Cflora07

Rough_Rock
This is my first PS post but I have read a few things that have helped me along the journey. So first thank you all.

I have been heavily looking for a great deal on a diamond without compromising too much on quality. So I have decided to go through James Allen. One thing I love about JA is that they have the 360 view of the diamond. However, being a perfectionist and an engineer I feel that it is also my down fall. I can see some inclusions (at 20x mag) which makes me worried. I know it shouldn't but still does. I am slightly unsure if certain inclusions will be noticeable or not to the average person. I like good quality things but of course I love deal. And for my future fiance I want it to really shine!

I have attached some specs on an diamond I am interesting in from JA along with an ideal scope I received. You can see from the pictures it has some visible inclusions at 20x but has a clarity of VS2.

Also, this will be set in a yellow gold setting with plat. prongs which is why I decided to got with an I color.

I feel like its a good buy but not 100% confident. And I dont know a lot about the ideal specs on the cut. Would love some input on it and possible reassuring opinions. Thank you for all the help

1932456id.jpg

ja_360_pic.jpg

Attachments

• gia_18.pdf
    135.2 KB · Views: 69

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you give us the price on it? To be honest I've seen less in some SI1s.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cflora07|1475616208|4083655 said:
Thanks for the quick reply. Its priced at $14,150. and I currently have it on hold for a little bit.

Here is the Link:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...i-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1932456

Well, I was hoping that the video would clear up why something doesnt look right in that picture...but it didnt. The jump in the
video doesnt help either :???: . But the good news is that the idealscope looks good. The only other one that I could find close in
price is an SI1 and may not be eye-clean. You would have to ask JA. It does cost a little more also but does hit the 2 carat mark.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/2.01-carat-i-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1112924

Cflora07

Rough_Rock
So my budget cap is at $15,500 for around 2c diamond. but of course cheaper is always better.

Talking with JA about the 2.01c, They said comparing the two diamonds they are essentially the same and the inclusions you will not notice using naked eye but the 1.9c has a slightly better cut and is at the "sweet spot" for brilliance.

n64bomb

Rough_Rock
Trade
The 1.9 carat is a better choice.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you get an idealscope image on the first one?

n64bomb

Rough_Rock
Trade
That 1.9 carat H VS2 is IGI certified, and it is hard to tell if it is a real H or an I in color. I would pass on that one because of the risk with color. And if you ask the vendor, what are they going to say? It's an H of course! Crown angle was 35.8 on that a little high but still a good stone. The pinpoints in the plot are very visible on the Jamesallen website (but that is also 20x magnification). I think the 1.9 was a great stone, but for that price you can do better. Can you get an aset of the other 1.9 carat? Then, remember to shop around and negotiate.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
n64bomb|1475694520|4083915 said:
That 1.9 carat H VS2 is IGI certified, and no crown or pavilion angles. I would pass on that one. Kind of buying blind. Can you get an aset of the other 1.9 carat? Then, remember to shop around and negotiate.

The crown/pavilion angles are on the IGI paperwork.

While brick and mortar stores may negotiate, I dont know of any of our online vendors who negotiate (claim low profit margins).
However, some of our vendors do price match.

n64bomb

Rough_Rock
Trade
LOL I noticed late on the angles. It isn't the same as brick and mortar, because the online vendors are only 17-30% markup anyways. Best you can shave is a few percent maybe. I saw one stone yesterday on the virtual inventory for ID Jewelry, Whiteflash, and Jamesallen (same stone). It varied 5% between them--and that was comparing apples to apples ie credit card price to credit card price or bank wire price to bank wire price, so always take the gia cert number and if it is a virtual stone see where you can find it cheapest (providing all the vendors have reasonable returns and are all reputable vendors). Or if you want to work with one vendor make sure if you find it cheaper somewhere else ask them to match it. :)

Cflora07

Rough_Rock
I was able to get an idealscope for the 2.01 that I looked at. What do you think? It has me a little worried and unsure because the JA representative was all for it!

Also JA gave me the PS value at around $500 less than what it was priced at on the website coming to $14,800 for the diamond.

2040776.jpg

n64bomb

Rough_Rock
Trade
Yuck. Super pass on that one. No wonder the price is lower. If it seems too good to be true, it often is!

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
I would go with your original pick :angel:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results