shape
carat
color
clarity

University Class Ring ??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rrruuunnn

Rough_Rock
When I wear my 14K university class ring on my right hand, do yall think the ring will look like an engagement ring from a distance? The ring has no stones.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you mean left hand? I don''t think anyone would think it if you''re wearing it on your right hand. People wear all types of rings on both hands now days. my sister wore a promise ring from my dad until she got engaged on her left ring finger. I''m sure some people thought she was married but the people her knew her obviously knew she wasn''t. Wear it however you want
2.gif

rrruuunnn

Rough_Rock
I am going to wear on my right. I plan on wearing my ring alot. I was thinking of getting the antique finish which showes distinct class ring features.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
unless your country has a custom of wearing a wedding/e-ring on the right hand, then you are fine. no one else thinks anything of a ring on the right..

rrruuunnn

Rough_Rock
thanks for the advice. anyways, i changed my order to antique, only $25 extra. Balfour was very willing to change my finish. i will only have to wait an extra week. i plan on wearing my ring almost everyday.
Sonny,

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you don''t need to worry about it. In my experience, if a guy is interested, he''s gonna come up to you whether he thinks the ring is an engagement ring or not in order to find out what your status is.
2.gif
9.gif

rrruuunnn

Rough_Rock
boys & girls,
ladies and gentlemen,
i got my class ring today.
28.gif
it fits better on my left ring finger. what do yall thing about me wearing my class ring on my wedding finger???
thanks,
Sonny,

front3.jpg

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I think it should be fine. I would never mistaken it for an engagement or wedding ring, just because it doesn't have the look of one. It looks entirely like a class ring, and it would be hard to mistaken it for something else.

I wouldn't worry about it. Wear it on whichever finger and whichever hand that it fits the best on. I have an RHR that everyone says looks like an engagment ring, but they realize it's on my right hand.

There's also a plus side to this people thinking it's an engagement/wedding ring: if an icky (and by icky, I mean rude, obnoxious, disrespectful, etc.) guy tries to talk to me, all I have to do is hold up my right hand and say I'm engaged. They don't even think twice about what hand it's on.

I guess my point is to not worry too much about what other people think, just wear it because it makes you happy.
1.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think you have anything to worry about either. Most class rings look like class rings, as does yours. No confusion there! =)

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Well, no offense
9.gif
but at first I thought you were a woman, but now that I see your class ring, it looks more like a man''s ring. I hope I''m not wrong
23.gif
I actually know and see quite a few men who do wear their class ring on their left hand, either in replacement of their wedding ring or with their wedding ring, but the wedding ring is so overshadowed by the class ring, it looks like there''s no w-ring at all. Although, I think you should do what you want...

rrruuunnn

Rough_Rock
the ring fits really well on my left. and i feel comfortable with the ring on my nondominant hand, since i use my right hand more.

anyway, my ring will eventually wind up on my left someday.

a jeweler sized my ring finger and said its mostly about the knuckle. maybe, picking heavy equipment for the last two weeks has effected my ring size?

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
Noone will think that is a wedding or engagement ring. They will see it for what it is- a very nice class ring. I wore my class ring for years on my left hand (I''m a female) and noone ever thought I was engaged.

genette

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn''t think it was an e ring I would just think of it as a class ring

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
My maternal grandfather went to West Point, and for reasons I''ve never quite understood, had my grandmother''s engagement ring made up to resemble his WP class ring. He had it done at Tiffany & Co. in NYC, and it has a small marquise cut diamond surrounded by tiny blue sapphires in the center.

It''s a pretty, interesting ring (my mother still wears it occasionally), but I think it''s safe to assume my grandmother wasn''t involved in the ring shopping.
20.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 1:33:14 PM
Author: CaptAubrey
My maternal grandfather went to West Point, and for reasons I''ve never quite understood, had my grandmother''s engagement ring made up to resemble his WP class ring. He had it done at Tiffany & Co. in NYC, and it has a small marquise cut diamond surrounded by tiny blue sapphires in the center.

It''s a pretty, interesting ring (my mother still wears it occasionally), but I think it''s safe to assume my grandmother wasn''t involved in the ring shopping.
20.gif
23.gif
Poor grandma!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results