shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique Favor Ideas!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
So I am debating what to do with favors.

I have hand decorated all the stemware (as well as teapots and lanterns) and those are free for all guests to take home. But I want an actual favor.

Something unique and fun, but also something our guests will actually keep and use!

I have a few ideas-

a) Mini recipe books feature some of the entrees and desserts we will be making specifically for the wedding (since we are catering the entire thing ourselves)

b) Hand decorated/painted coffee tee mug with a tea satchel inside of the tea blend I am specifically making for the wedding

c) Small jar of syrup of one of the sodas we will be making exclusively for the wedding (along with instructions on how to mix it with either seltzer to tonic depending) to recreate the soda easily at home (along with a recipe

do you guys have any other ideas?

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
I love all your ideas! It would be very hard to pick. The recipe idea sounds cute and so personal!!!... but then so do your other ideas. :D

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had breakfast for dinner for our food theme . Bloody Mary's, donuts instead of cake, chicken and waffles and eggs and bacon and what have you .

Anyways to go along with that we made people jelly for our favors . Pepper and strawberry a few different kinds . not full jars . Just little ones

I love your ideas .

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1403459378|3698657 said:
We had breakfast for dinner for our food theme . Bloody Mary's, donuts instead of cake, chicken and waffles and eggs and bacon and what have you .

Anyways to go along with that we made people jelly for our favors . Pepper and strawberry a few different kinds . not full jars . Just little ones

I love your ideas .

Your wedding sounds incredible (and delicious) and I love your favor too!

I'm just trying to narrow it down to one. I'm tempted to do all 3 but I haven't the time.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I'd do the mug. Seems like they would use it often and every time think of your wedding . Use it more than your soda or menu (both I do love though)

audball

Ideal_Rock
I like the third idea -- the syrup to remake a soda at home with instructions. It's something they'd be more likely to use since it's temporary. I think a lot of brides *think* guests will keep things, but they often do not. Mugs/recipe books would (in my opinion) be less likely to be utilized or kept than something they can use shortly after the wedding, appreciate, and then have nothing left of it to feel bad about throwing away. Just my two cents! They all sound like very personal ideas and you know your guests best!

ETA: Of all the weddings I've personally attended, my favorite favors have always been the edible ones. You enjoy it, and don't feel bad throwing something away your friends spent money on. Candies, little cakes, etc. This is why I voted for the soda syrup idea.

adamwilson

Rough_Rock
I like the 2nd and 3rd idea about custom coffee mug and syrup jar, these looks unique to me. I have checked a few alternatives at Graciousbridal.com like personalized honey jar favors or distressed holiday picture frame as holiday gifts etc...

personalized_honey_jar_favors.jpg

JEFlores

Rough_Rock
I too like the idea of recipes book. A small honey jar is again a good idea. One can also try giving some colorful glares or some really beautiful and good potted herbs.

855501_f520.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results