shape
carat
color
clarity

Union Diamond experience (and other vendors)

frettybride

Rough_Rock
Hello.

I posted here around 3 years ago when I was engaged. Now I've been (happily) married for 2 years, but unfortunately my engagement ring (and other jewelry) was stolen a couple months ago, and I've been sadly on the hunt for a new ring. I just wanted to share my experience with Union Diamond since I had a great experience with them and I don't see them really mentioned much in Pricescope.

I looked at quite a few diamonds and visited quite a few stores, and ended up speaking with Danielle from Union Diamond, who was super helpful. She helped me purchase a 3.03 I1 K colored oval (EGL graded, so I knew going into the purchase that this would likely be a GIA I2 L colored stone), which she also described to me before it was shipped. Her description was very accurate (inclusions noticeable, but not detracting from the beauty of the stone in normal lighting), but I ended up returning the diamond, and the return process (helped by Todd) was also very easy. I returned the diamond not because the diamond was anything I didn't expect...I just realized that after looking at a lot of diamonds over a huge range of color, cut, clarity, and carat, and price, I just couldn't find a diamond that I felt good about. So, long story short, I'd recommend Union Diamond to anyone who actually loves diamonds! Turns out a diamond center stone was just not for me.

Also, I wanted to mention that Diamond Designs in Orange, CT was great (for anyone in the CT area looking for a local jeweler to make a custom ring), and Chris from Whiteflash was very prompt answering my inquiries (although I ignored him since I was going through a I-can't-stand-diamonds phase).

So, now I will be transplanting myself to the Colored Stones forum, since I did end up finding a golden-ish yellow sapphire that I absolutely love (GemsNY).

Not sure if I'm allowed to post a picture of a stone I returned, but let me know if you are interested in it I guess.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the post...I definitly would love to see a picture of the oval...please post.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
glad you can share your experience. I'm so sorry for your ring got stolen =(
I used to live in Orange, CT (my parents still do) do that's kind crazy to see that =)

frettybride

Rough_Rock
Since you requested, here is a picture of the oval! As the name of the picture suggests...flawed but sparkly. It's a great priced stone ($7000 for 3 cts) but only for some people. It does not photograph well because of the inclusions (and also doesn't look great in the harsh lights of a hospital), but it is well cut and has great size and sparkle in most lighting. I feel bad for all the trouble I put the Union Diamond people through with my frettiness.

My original e-ring was a J, VS2, 1.67 ct, round brilliant, MB fluoro from Blue Nile. Posting pictures of it will just make me super sad again because it has so so much sentimental value so I'm not going to do that now, but you could probably search "frettybride" to find it. ;(

flawed but sparkly.jpg

frettybride

Rough_Rock
And I'll post a picture of the oval yellow sapphire that I ended up keeping in the Colored Stone forum.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results