shape
carat
color
clarity

Uninvited guest under the hood of the car

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
My husband went to add oil to his engine and guess what he found under the hood? This little guy, sound asleep in a nest of leaves, and he didn''t leave when the hood came up. He had to be evicted! Casey hosed him down but then the little guy hung around under the nearest tree hoping Casey would leave!!! He was actually in the hood long enough for Casey to get the camera (but not take a very good picture, LOL) come in and get me and show me. The squirrel just hung out in the nest he built and I''m sure would have been there for a lot longer.

I don''t know if I posted about this, but I now have to park in our garage because the squirrels keep making nests under my hood and chew through the contact wires on the engine. AMAZING!!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
The picture didn''t attach. I''m going to try again.

uninvitedguest.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 5:53:06 PM
Author:lumpkin
My husband went to add oil to his engine and guess what he found under the hood? This little guy, sound asleep in a nest of leaves, and he didn''t leave when the hood came up. He had to be evicted! Casey hosed him down but then the little guy hung around under the nearest tree hoping Casey would leave!!! He was actually in the hood long enough for Casey to get the camera (but not take a very good picture, LOL) come in and get me and show me. The squirrel just hung out in the nest he built and I''m sure would have been there for a lot longer.

I don''t know if I posted about this, but I now have to park in our garage because the squirrels keep making nests under my hood and chew through the contact wires on the engine. AMAZING!!!
yes you have mentioned this before - I laughed then and I''m laughing now - of course I''m failing to mention my own rodent/car issues hahaha!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great picture!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!
6.gif
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That picture is just crazy!

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, so cute so I had to post to this because I used to keep my pathfinder in Cali at my Aunt''s for my use when I visited often. A couple Thanksgiving''s ago I decided to drive it back across country since it had been used very little. Under the hood had quite the nest and nuts piled inside. Fortunately it had been abandoned and no damage was done but I swear it was like "roasted chestnuts" for the first couple hundred miles on that drive back.
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like he''s set himself up quite a cozy little den in there, LOL!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, he is so cute.

Linda

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Do you live somewhere cold? Looks like the little guy was trying to keep warm...

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
We live in the Kansas City area. It was 47 degrees when Casey found him!!! It has been cold, but he wasn''t in there this morning, and the car was in the garage all night last night. He had to have gotten in there after about 11:00 am today! I don''t know, we have the boldest squirrels you have ever seen. They are not one bit afraid of us!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is sooo funny. I love that picture!! My husband and I went one time to get my oil changed and the mechanic called my husband out to look at the car. The mechanic had taken off the air filter and inside was a nest of leaves and tons of bird seed. They guessed that it was a chipmunk that had taken up residence in the air filter. LOL

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is crazy! I am so glad you got a picture of that!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, it is a really cute picture! Rodents really will make homes in your car, garage kept or not...in other words, if they can get into the garage and up into your car they will go ahead and live there if the car isn''t driven much...something to keep in mind for all those who store cars under tarps and things in the winter or whenever.

Also, they will find ways into your interior...my dad had a carefully restored Caddy he ended up having to replace most of the interior in due to it being infested one season...my brother the amateur car painter/mechanic (when he was 14) decided he needed all the garage space that winter so my dad put his prized and very sentimental Caddy outside under a tarp that winter, and when spring came there were holes in the interior and almost half, seriously, of the foam stuffing had been inserted into nests underneath the hood. It was not a happy situation.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Lumpkin,

That picture is TOO cute!

Just hope you guys always check your hoods before starting the car... that could be UGLY... & the smell of burning fur is NASTY!
11.gif

Aussie : p

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Monarch, now I''m totally paranoid every time I get in my car. I had to pull over yesterday because I heard a russling behind my seat. I am terrible about letting stuff pile up in the car -- the kids projects from school and all -- and fortunately it was just some paper russling. I had to clean out the car when I got home, but I''m still paranoid. I''m scared there will be a squirrel and it will bite my ankle and I''ll have to go get rabies shots or something!! I''m also scared they''ll get my kids!!!

They are very, very cute, but they are so distructive. You''re right, SanDiegoLady, BAD BAD Squirrel!!! But yes, very cute.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
That is good luck to you, Can you let him have his family there? What a nice picture it is and its good luck to you for the rest of this year...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a car that I did not drive much, my sitter used it when she was working, and I finally was donating it to Purple Heart. It was sitting parked on my driveway, and I noticed each time I looked at it that there seemed to be a ton of yellow jackets around it. Turns out they had build a hive or nest somewhere on or under the car since it was never started or moved...YUCK. I was happy when they towed it away!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Yikes, Diamondfan! Yellow jackets are pretty aggressive, too. I prefer my squirrel.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results