shape
carat
color
clarity

underwear question...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
I just had my second fitting and I realized I definitely need to go underwear shopping. My dress shows everything!! Any suggestions for pantyline-less underwear?? And, the cheaper the better please.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should go for some spanx! I think they will be your best bet. Just leave the tags on! That way you can take them back if they don''t work!

If you are comfortable with it, don''t wear any! That was my original plan until mom and grandma started trying to convince me to get padded underwear for my gown (a mermaid-ish style gown). They think my dress will look better with some extra junk in the trunk! I was horrified at first but they got into my head because now I am considering it....

What type of gown are you wearing? any pics?

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 10:45:30 PM
Author: Izzy03
I think you should go for some spanx! I think they will be your best bet. Just leave the tags on! That way you can take them back if they don''t work!

If you are comfortable with it, don''t wear any! That was my original plan until mom and grandma started trying to convince me to get padded underwear for my gown (a mermaid-ish style gown). They think my dress will look better with some extra junk in the trunk! I was horrified at first but they got into my head because now I am considering it....

What type of gown are you wearing? any pics?
Well, I am wearing spanx, but I''m not sure I''m comfortable going underwear-less with them, especially if the BMs and my mom have to help me into my dress...

And the panty lines are most noticable in the "love handles" area actually.

Here''s a link to my dress... before the fittings obviously!!:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-help-opinions-about-bolero.98609/

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
One piece spanx suit? My spanx are shorts and go ALL the way up to my bra line like this

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 11:04:42 PM
Author: Izzy03
One piece spanx suit? My spanx are shorts and go ALL the way up to my bra line like this
Well, that''s what I''m wearing too, but they''re a little see-through.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, would some kind of slip help? I''m wearing one with crinoline starting at the knee to help poof out the bottom of the dress but the slip also provides extra coverage.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Flesh colored will show less than white - I'm a huge fan of jockey's no-line promise. I like the modal more because they're made from a natural fiber (bamboo I think?) but they also have a super thin silky one.

Another idea is boy shorts to avoid the panty line.

ETA: just read that it's a love handle issue...well shoot, I had stuff for that all over the place! This is what I wore on my wedding day -
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=9H-212312&page=1&cgname=OSPTYSHAZZZ&rfnbr=5232

Mine was from Target, but they don't list it online, I guess. I liked this thing because it stayed put, sucked me in, but I could wear my own, cotton underwear. I strongly dislike most shapewear because it's not breathable.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m loving the VS microfiber hiphuggers right now. I''m pregnant and just about everything creates that love handle roll these days except for this type of underwear. No lines either!

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
You can try a high rise thong, I think VS has some still. VS also has great g-strings, if that level of coverage is ok with you, and they have super stretchy and soft tiny side strings.

I would also point out that the higher power spanx (maybe all of them) are built to not be worn with undies and allow one to use the powder room with the greatest of ease ;-) It might be tough to have to peel off the spanx every time.

Since it seems to be a modesty issue just around your family/friends not with the dress on, why don''t you just where a slip/loose dress or something while you are standing around, then once your hips are in the dress, take it off and let them zip it up.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
No help on the unders issue, but I just wanted to say that your dress is gorgeous! I don't know how I missed it!!!

Did you ever decide on having a bolero or not???

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My gown will show every bump too, so I'm wearing a pant liner! It's basically like a long leg panty girdle. It gives a nice smooth line to the calves. My gown is long, and I'm not doing the garter thing, so I couldn't care less if the pant liner IS ugly...its warm, it's comfortable, and I'd rather look good in my gown!
9.gif

This would be the Spanx version of it.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 12:10:34 PM
Author: tropiqalkiwi

I would also point out that the higher power spanx (maybe all of them) are built to not be worn with undies and allow one to use the powder room with the greatest of ease ;-) It might be tough to have to peel off the spanx every time.

Since it seems to be a modesty issue just around your family/friends not with the dress on, why don''t you just where a slip/loose dress or something while you are standing around, then once your hips are in the dress, take it off and let them zip it up.
That''s true... maybe that''s what I''ll do. that would definitely help keep everything smooth.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 1:05:10 PM
Author: Lanie
No help on the unders issue, but I just wanted to say that your dress is gorgeous! I don''t know how I missed it!!!

Did you ever decide on having a bolero or not???
Thank you. I love it :) I actually decided to not go with a bolero. I think it might get too busy with the sash, veil and bolero.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Def make a trip to VS. They have loads of line-less undergarments.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results