shape
carat
color
clarity

undergarmets: what to wear

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
so what do most people wear under the dress? corset, garter belt, stockings, and lacey underwear (or less)?
isn't it embarrassing to have everyone see when you're putting on the dress (when you're also sort of dressing for your first nigt as husband & wife)?

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
I think you might regret wearing a corset...not comfy.

I am actually not sure what most do, but why not just wear functional undergarments during the day, and then get changed when you check into your hotel room or wherever you''re staying with FH? I don''t know about you, but I personally don''t like to prance around all day in what my FI enjoys me wearing in the evenings, if you know what I mean. Not comfy either!!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
right, good point, but isn''t what goes under wedding dress supposed to be functional (create desired "shape") and also sexy?
if not a corset, a bustier? and i''d like to wear teeny underwear w/garter and stockings since it''ll make me feel sexy underneath..but ugh, don''t want mom and family and photog to see...

just didn''t know what others did..

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
How about putting a slip on over that teeny underwear so they can''t see it?

I''m probably going to be changing after the wedding before I go to the hotel because I don''t think FI could figure out how to help me out of my corset-back dress! I also need a corset/longline under it.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
My gown is a corset-top style with boning so I won''t need extra upper body garments. I''ll probably just want some cups sewn into my dress or consider wearing "chicken cutlets" for a little oomph lol. As for the lower body, I''ll wear some comfy, non wedgie-giving undies or spanx and I''ll be done with it.

The fancy stuff will have to wait till MUCH later! I don''t want to be wearing anything that isn''t functional and comfortable from 4-midnight!

Your post did make me consider, though, that there may be a good amount of people helping me get dressed and will see whatever it is I have on underneath. I''m pretty conservative when it comes to being mostly naked around others so I''ll chose the undies well
9.gif

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 2:10:13 PM
Author: janinegirly
right, good point, but isn''t what goes under wedding dress supposed to be functional (create desired ''shape'') and also sexy?
if not a corset, a bustier? and i''d like to wear teeny underwear w/garter and stockings since it''ll make me feel sexy underneath..but ugh, don''t want mom and family and photog to see...

just didn''t know what others did..
If your dress needs it, I say definitly wear a corset because, most importantly, it will shape you well and provide the support the dress needs to stay up all night. In my experience, most corsets look sexy no matter where you''ve purchased it. They just do
9.gif
So I don''t think you''ll have to worry about finding one that is both sexy and functional. And if you need a crinoline or underskirt, those can certainly be put on yourself (and can hide whatever you end up choosing to wear underneath it) so when the troops enter to help you, you''ll pretty much be fully covered in a corset bra and skirt.

regalada

Shiny_Rock
I had my Mom, maid of honor, flower girl, female photographer, female videographer, hair stylist and her daughter all in my room as I got ready. Talk about an audience!

While wedding planning, I read on theknot that if one is wearing a big dress a wedgie is almost impossible to deal with so one should aim for underwear that would stay put (sorry if TMI). So I bought a pair of white boy shorts with lace inset that were literally wedgie-proof, cute, provided full coverage for getting ready and were comfy all night.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
i think what undergarmets you choose depends on the style and fabric of your dress.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
thanks, and the responses really helped. very good point on wedgie..who wants that and in a big dress it''s not so easy to take "care of". so yes, i should change later rather than deal with shoestring for 12 hrs which no one can see!
emwink.gif

my dress is a line strapless and fitting (chantilly lace over silk), and i do need some help up top (designer said not to sew in cups bet get a good bra)..so figure padded corset and then more simple underwear and i guess garter and stockings. haven''t decied on crinoline, but i don''t think the dress needs it. so i guess will have to be not so self conscious that day when changing....yikes. thanks girls!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I'm planning on wearing a bustier, boyshorts and a slip. I'm pretty self-conscious, so I wouldn't wear anything less than that!

ETA: I'll wear chicken cutlets as well... I need all the help I can get!
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results