shape
carat
color
clarity

undergarments

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
how do brides deal with undergarments? how important is it that it be "custom made", vs off the rack? where are good places to look?

on a related topic, is it better to have cups sewn in or to have a good bra? you can tell i need some help in that area
28.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
buy the proper bustier which will cantilever the "girls" up. the bustier will make you stand straight, and will give a smooth sleek line to the dress. no fat lumps. you make your alterations to the shape of the bustier, so don''t change it after you alter.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought a long line bra from David''s Bridal. It was actually comfotable. I know a girl that had one with boning and she ended up taking it off before the reception b/c she was in so much pain. Make sure it feels good and is the right size.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
I think sewn in cups are for smaller chested ladies. I am having cups sewn in, and don''t plan on wearing a bra.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
It all depends on you, your shape, and your dress.

I have a long torso, so trying to find a long-line bra off the rack is impossible. None of them go as far down as they need to. So I''m investigating getting something custom made. If I could go the cups sewn in thing, I would, but I''d like a little more smoothing under my dress.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm getting cups sewn in (I'm a B cup). I read that if you wear a long-line bra (or any bra) with a strapless dress, you run the risk of it peeking out at any time during the day. Not a huge deal, but I'd rather not have to deal with it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 6:31:52 PM
Author: EBree
I''m getting cups sewn in (I''m a B cup). I read that if you wear a long-line bra (or any bra) with a strapless dress, you run the risk of it peeking out at any time during the day. Not a huge deal, but I''d rather not have to deal with it.

I wore a strapless gown and it didn''t show once. My dress came up probably 2-3" higher so there was no problem.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I count myself lucky in that area-
I have a Maggie sottero with gentle boning through the bodice,
so all i need are cups sewn in- in fact when i tried the dress on for my sis, she said "wow, what bra are you wearing" and i said NONE! LOL

No need for crinoline either, or nylons.

I''ve heard some mixed reviews on Spanx, and I think a lot depends on the cut and style of your dress.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m wearing a bustier under my dress for a few reasons. I want lift, I have horrible posture and they help me stand up a bit straighter, I like the way it looks for when the dress comes off
2.gif
and I want to be able to take getting ready pictures with it on.

I always thought you had to be smaller for cups to work, but my flower girl dress that I''m wearing for my cousin''s wedding came with cups built in and once the dress was altered to fit properly they seemed to be doing their job. I''m a D. Granted I haven''t tried jumping around or anything in the dress, but I''m happy with the way it looks at least.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 8:08:15 PM
Author: labbielove
I count myself lucky in that area-
I have a Maggie sottero with gentle boning through the bodice,
so all i need are cups sewn in- in fact
when i tried the dress on for my sis, she said ''wow, what bra are you wearing'' and i said NONE! LOL

No need for crinoline either, or nylons.

I''ve heard some mixed reviews on Spanx, and I think a lot depends on the cut and style of your dress.

Ditto labbie love. My wedding gown is also a Maggie w/ boning through the bodice. However, I am wearing a petticoat with mine.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i need all the help i can get up top (without looking too fake and padded!) so i prob need sewn in cups and a good bustier!
emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results