shape
carat
color
clarity

Underarm lump.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Okay so... some background first: In 2007 I started having pains in my arms and my entire left side went numb. I went to the ER, had a CT Scan done to rule out anything like a stroke or neurological. Everything checked out. Since then, I've had an MRI and such which turned up little things in my spine and have had Physical Therapy. In the end, it turned out to be that a nerve was getting pinched *not all the time, just if I was in a certain position* and was causing the numbness & pain.

Anyway, when all that was going on, I became much more aware of my body. Always checking for things that shouldn't be there... b/c I was terrified something was seriously wrong and just became pretty much obsessed with checking EVERYTHING. haha.

Probably almost a year ago now, I really started to pay attention to my underarms b/c breast cancer runs in my family. I noticed that I have sort of a lump area under my arms but instead of by my breasts, it's further towards my back. The thing is, when I just run my hand/fingers over the area, I notice the bulge but when I actually press to feel if there is a lump under there, I don't FEEL any. I notice it more on the left side than the right but it IS on both sides. It's too far towards my back to be lymph nodes I think and again, when I press, it's like nothing is there.

Could this just be breast tissue that's just extended to this area? Or is this something I should be alarmed about? It doesn't hurt at all, not even when I touch it... it's just something that I've noticed. And I wonder if I only noticed it then b/c I'm so scared of something being wrong with me. Call me a hypochondriac, if you will.
25.gif

ETA** I'm 24. And this bulge/lump has never gotten bigger or changed.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would just make an appt with your doctor and have them check it out. When I was around your age (I still get acne but not as bad as my early 20's) I had a ball under my armpit (might be tmi) but I went to the doctor because then I got one on my other armpit so I had 2. It turned out it was acne; it was a ball and lasted a long time but I guess they can go deep? I would just get it checked out anyway. Well I changed deodorants and that helped me and made sure to use acne wash there too. Hope you get it figured out soon and that isn't something bad.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
It could be a few things...but I''d go to your Dr. just to err on the side of caution.

My first thought was a swollen lymph node...but it could also be a cyst.

Either way, get it checked out.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go get it checked by your Doc.
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, go get it checked out by your Dr. It is always better to play it safe.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, ladies! I know I definitely have to get it checked out. Should I see my Gyno about something like this or my GP? I don''t want to feel like an idiot if I go see my general dr and he says I should have seen my Gyno. haha.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Go to your GP first.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Made an appointment for Thursday. Here''s to hoping it turns out to be nothing!
32.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure it''s nothing, but I''m sending you *dust* anyway. Keep us updated
2.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 12:16:20 PM
Author: Bia
2.gif
true, I have a spot that pops up, and goes away from time to time. Ive been told it is nothing to worry about, but it still freaks me out. I''d have the Dr check it out, because early detection is key... but I''m sending you dust that it is nothing! ***********
Please keep us posted.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I highly recommend you get a breast exam done by your GP when you have your yearly exams; smear etc. As you have not had this done yet, make an appointment and get it checked out. Take your GP's advice on when you should come back for another regular exam. It is best to keep on top of your health. Prevention, cure and all that.

ETA: I see you made an appointment - well done.
36.gif

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 12:19:15 PM
Author: tlh

Date: 5/18/2009 12:16:20 PM
Author: Bia
2.gif
true, I have a spot that pops up, and goes away from time to time. Ive been told it is nothing to worry about, but it still freaks me out. I''d have the Dr check it out, because early detection is key... but I''m sending you dust that it is nothing! ***********
Please keep us posted.
Thanks, ladies! I''ll definitely keep you all updated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results