shape
carat
color
clarity

Under the dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, do I need to buy the slip that I tried on under my dress at David''s? I think I do prefer the look w/the slip on but should I buy it there? Somewhere else and what exactly is that type of slip called?

Also, some of you may have seen my dress in another thread (strapless, a-line), what sort of bra do you suggest? Something long that goes to the waist? I''m worried though that it''ll create a line and that I won''t be able to breathe! But obviously I need something.

Suggestions?

Thanks!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
You can buy the slip anywhere. I suggest ebay. I got my hoop skirt on ebay for way less than I would've paid at a bridal shop. A lot of the ebay sellers have a picture guid to show you examples of how full the slip will make your dress. search crinoline.

ETA: I think you should go for a longline bra that comes down to your hips. You should see a line with one that comes down that low. If you get it in the right size, you should be able to breathe just fine :)

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Robbie!

There''s a bunch of them that are similar and I''m so confused:
A-LINE BRIDAL WEDDING GOWN CRINOLINE PETTICOAT SLIP~M
A-LINE BRIDAL WEDDING GOWN DRESS CRINOLINE SKIRT SLIP
A-LINE MEDIUM FULL BRIDAL WEDDING GOWN CRINOLINE SLIP (this one''s $5 cheaper and I have no idea why!)
A-LINE MEDIUM FULL BRIDAL WEDDING GOWN PETTICOAT SKIRT (also cheaper)
A-LINE LAYERED BRIDAL WEDDING GOWN CRINOLINE SKIRT SLIP
A-LINE BRIDAL GOWN CRINOLINE UNDERSKIRT SKIRT SLIP NEW
A-LINE BRIDAL GOWN PETTICOAT CRINOLINE UNDERSKIRT SLIP

Um, are they kidding???????????????
32.gif

Any suggestions on where to get the longline bra? Is this the sort of thing you should try on before buying? Robbie, did you mean that you WOULD see a line w/a bra that low or you would NOT see a line? Thanks for the breathing part!
19.gif
I was a little worried that I would feel uncomf. all night long.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Woops, sorry. I meant you shouldn't see a line if it comes down that low because your dress isn't tight in that area. I've heard really good things about ebay seller Angels Bridal. That's not who I went with, but they have 100% feedback. Ebay sellers put all kinds of words that are similar in the title so that no matter what you search it'll come up. Basically though, the only differences are going to be how full the slip is and how it closes. Mine is drawstring, but some people prefer elastic. Check out the pictures at the bottom of an Angels Bridal listing to see what slips they recommend for each fullness.

ETA: You should definitely try the long line bras on in person first. If you find one you like, though, I'd get the maker and style number and try to find it online. I could've saved some money if I'd done that. I didn't have a lot of luck in department stores and ended up going to a specialty shop for mine. Victoria's secret has one and department stores do as well, they're just not quite right for me.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the recommendation, robbie! The slip would have cost me 52$US...
32.gif
I can get it for 17-ish$ through Angel''s Bridal!

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for that tip Robbie - I just purchased my undergarments from Angel''s Bridal as well for the super-expensive price of $21.00 plus shipping!! It would have run about $80 if I had gotten the one at the store

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Robbie, actually all those varieties that I posted were from Angel''s Bridal. They''re all a-line which is what it says I want but have other differences that I just don''t understand.
Does anyone have any idea what the various differences mean?

I guess I''ll go to a dept. store to try on the longline bra''s and see what I can find. Not my idea of fun but I suppose it must be done! Do I need to have the dress w/me when I try on?

Thanks!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome everyone! Dixie, I wouldn''t bring your dress with you because I doubt that the dressing rooms are really all that clean and you wouldn''t want to get your dress dirty! I would, however, make sure that anything you buy is returnable incase it doesn''t work.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results