shape
carat
color
clarity

uncut diamond buy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcb

Rough_Rock
I have bought an uncut stone.My ? is, if the juweller should be able to tell me what cut, good to poor, to expect before hand. How can I make sure I get the same stone back.Also can someone help me with prices for uncut stones, or what should one pay for a 2cts.,I colour,vvs2 stone. ------------------

moediamond

Rough_Rock
Hello JCB,You NEED to go to a DIAMOND CUTTER or Lapidary. They are the BEST EXPERTS who can tell you what's best for the rough diamond.
Jewelers/model makers/diamond setters are not experienced in this field. They will weigh the rough with you in the room, give their estimates on the finished product, and return all leftover bits of rough to you.
Thank you.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Moediamond, thanks, I also thought that JCB should ask cutter about rough stone.btw, do you have a website?Leonid

moediamond

Rough_Rock
Hi, sorry I don't have a website yet, but please feel free to email me with ANY diamond or jewelry questions. My job is to help educate consumers.
Thank you.
GIA Graduate Gemmologist/Model Maker/Diamond Setter/Diamond dealerPS For those of you who subscribe to JQ Magazine, I've done alot of work for DIANA (designs located in rear of inside covers)

jcb

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I will do thatSecond ? on the price of uncut diamonds, can any one HELP.buy jcb.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
JCB, I'll try to ask some cutters I know.How would you like your diamond to be cut?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
JCB,I passed your question to a cutter in the US. Here is his answer."This is a hard one to answer without actually seeing the rough...he really
does need to take it to a cutter in South AfricaWish I could be of more help. but this is a hands on question."Sorry that cannot help you more...Leonid

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Many things will come into play, that a cutter can't answer with out seeing this diamond. Things like the exact shape of the rough crystal, is it knotted in any one area, what type and where are the inclusions are located. All this and more will come into play as far as the best shape for it to be cut in, and the final retention of weight. Of course you always have a slight chance that the diamond could be broken while cutting, then you get much smaller finished diamonds, and maybe different shapes.Good luck, and let us know the out come.------------------

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results