shape
carat
color
clarity

Unconventional...but so ME

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
My mom took me shopping for a "wedding dress" today. I use the term loosely because it's not at all what I ended up with.
There was a dress I fell in love with (from the picture online) from White House Black Market. I've always liked that store, but have only ended up with one dress from there that I wore to my high school graduation. I should also add that was the last time I wore a dress. When I got to the store today, the dress I liked had been moved to the sale section and was only in limited sizes (read: not my size.) I was bummed, but I tried on several other dresses and did not like any. (Most did not zip over my bust) No luck.
Then we tried Macy's. I only found a few that I even liked enough to try on. No luck.
Not only did I have fit problems, I was really uncomfortable in a dress. It's just so NOT me. I guess I felt obligated to wear a dress because that's what a bride does.
And then we decided to take a different approach...
I got a nice pair of dark jeans and a white lacy top. It is SO ME!
SO and I are getting married at the JOP and inviting no one, which is also SO ME! I have always wanted to have a courthouse wedding and wear jeans and a tshirt (because I am such a jeans and tshirt kind of girl.)
Now that I've conquered the "dress" issue, I can conquer the world! (ok, maybe that was a little much...)

All I need now is a cute pair of red shoes...I tried on a few, but the styles I liked were out of stock in my size.

I am, however, going to have professional "wedding" photos taken, so stay tuned in November.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds fun to me! What kind of red shoes are you going for? I love the idea of the look!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Those are super cute. I love the heel.

I think you should feel like you on your wedding day, and especially with an elopement, there is nothing saying you need to dress a certain way. As long as you feel like the bride you want to feel like, you know? And will want to look back on those pictures and be proud of them years later.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the kind words, Novel.
That is exactly how I feel about my wedding day.
And to be honest I'm getting really excited because I don't have the stress of having to wear a dress! Lol.

I'm already planning the jewelry I'll wear with my "wedding outfit" too! I think I'm going to layer my strand on antique pearls that belonged to my maternal grandmother and a vintage cameo necklace from my paternal grandmother. I haven't worn the necklaces together yet, so I'll have to make sure they look ok together. I like the idea of the cameo because the background is blue so it can be my "something blue"... Although I'm definitely not a traditional bride, I do like the itty bitty traditional wedding touches. :))

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Hey!

That's really cool :)

I love when brides don't lose their 'identity' during any kind of wedding planning. I think its awesome that you're doing that. You should be wearing what you love most regardless if it is a dress or not. You have to take pics in your top!

I'm gonna start googling red shoes......this can get very, very fun :)

Can't wait to see your pictures!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh how awesome that you found the perfect thing to wear to your wedding!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Great! You should wear what you want! I like the white lacy top and red shoes combo!

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
What a cool idea!!! I agree with the others who said you should feel like you on your wedding day, and you know what that feels like when you put it on...which for you sounds like it took a great outfit to get you there! And I love the shoes. :love:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so unconventionally awesome! I've seen a lot of ladies wear strapless gowns with huge skirts who wouldn't normally wear anything besides jeans or the occasional black pants plus a dressier top (to friends' weddings) and seeing them in something that formal is what seems unconventional to me! I'm not against anyone wearing whatever they wish on their wedding day, but sometimes it's just so strange to see a bride who is so completely transformed into a person she never looks like in real life. Same with men--I've seen my brother in a tux exactly 2 times, and WOW is it weird!

Your wedding day attire sounds perfect for you. Glad you found exactly what suited you!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your wedding should be exactly HOW you want it! Glad you found something that is so you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results