shape
carat
color
clarity

Unable to polish platinum?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I was talking with a jeweler friend of mine the other day and she told me that once platinum grays it can''t be repolished back to it''s original shine. Is this true? I love the weight of platinum but I also want the metal to shine. I don''t like the idea of spending $1,000 and up over the regular amount for white gold and it not keep it''s shine or be able to repolish it.

14.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2005 8:13
6.gif
3 AM
Author: crankydave

Date: 3/8/2005 8
6.gif
0:14 AM
Author:Diamonds4Me
I was talking with a jeweler friend of mine the other day and she told me that once platinum grays it can''t be repolished back to it''s original shine. Is this true? I love the weight of platinum but I also want the metal to shine. I don''t like the idea of spending $1,000 and up over the regular amount for white gold and it not keep it''s shine or be able to repolish it.

14.gif
No, it is absolutely false. Platinum can most certainly be repolishid to its original high polish.

Dave
OoooooOOOOOooooooo....I wonder why she told me that????? Thank you, Dave
36.gif
Now I''ll absolutely be going with platinum
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I''m so glad you guys are here to lead us in the RIGHT direction
37.gif
37.gif
lol.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
thats 100% not true per the previous replies --Ive had many things polished (came back looking BRAND NEW) when they were checked, stones stightened etc.......

kbling

Rough_Rock
I have had my platinum and tanzanite ring polished at Shreve, Crump & Low in Boston. It came back looking great, but was expensive because the stone (due to it''s delicate nature) needed to be removed from the setting and re-set. I am not sure if they need to remove diamonds from platinum settings as well.

I believe overall it is more expensive to get platinum polished, but is well worth it.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know it''s possible because I go every few months for a total repolish.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm..this is all so interesting. I do like her as a friend so I won''t bring it up with her in conversation that I asked around. I will still go with platinum though
2.gif

Thanks everyone
35.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve had two different jewelers (ok, two different shops, more than two people) tell me that platinum can be repolished.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results