shape
carat
color
clarity

Um, would you buy a haunted house?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. Are you going to the open house to check it out? LOL.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope!!!
32.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d check it out at least...

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I don't believe that ad for a sec!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 4:14:55 AM
Author: zhuzhu
I don''t believe that ad for a sec!
Ditto.

Looked the address up on google maps- doesn''t look that crash hot.

Smo

Shiny_Rock
No way! I am frightened of closet monsters and monsters under the bed I couldn''t handle a haunted house!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Some people (not me!!) are interested in that stuff. Brilliant idea---I bet they get a lot of people at the open house.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I would have to go!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
My mom''s aunt lives in a haunted house.

Let''s just say that psychologically, emotionally, and physically speaking they aren''t doing so hot
32.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve always been intrigued by haunted houses. FF and I stay in haunted B&Bs, but have yet to experience a ghost.

I don''t know if I''d buy it, simply because from a resale standpoint, that''s a hard sell.

If I had so much money that a house I couldn''t sell was in the budget, I''d absolutely buy it.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
No, but I''d check it out.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Sure, if I loved the house.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 9:02:42 AM
Author: fieryred33143

Let''s just say that psychologically, emotionally, and physically speaking they aren''t doing so hot
32.gif
ooooh, do share if you want. I''m always interested to hear stories. Doesn''t sound like a friendly haunting though from what you are saying. I hope she can get some help. Maybe a house cleansing?
I would avoid buying a haunted house if possible. Too much potential headache and lack of sleep! I think spirits are all around us though so it would be hard to find a house without any.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Admittedly, ghosts facinate me. I''ve had some encounters, though all friendly. However, I draw the line at knowingly opening myself up to living with one. Friendly or not!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''ve lived in a haunted house. And unless I knew the disposition of the ghost going into it, there is NO WAY in **** I would do it.

Some aren''t bad. One of the ones we had....horrible. No thank you.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
If it''s really hunted, H*LL NO! That said, I think I''d go check out the house. I''ve been to many open houses recently where the previous owner died on the property. Some houses feel hunted/creepy and others don''t. Doesn''t hurt to check it out.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
My dorm room was haunted. This particular "being" was more annoying than scary. But I don''t think I would buy a house knowing that it has haunting issues. Bugs are bad enough to deal with!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
One of my friends had a haunted room as well. There were a few on my campus, actually. One ghost had a really strong personality. She was a student that killed herself in the 60s, and she was prone to odd habits. She didn''t like posters on one wall (they''d all come off in under a day), she didn''t like certain kinds of music, and she really didn''t like certain people. But if you played the Beatles about once a week for her, she was happy and would let everything be.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
At least they''re being upfront about it! This kind of reminds me of the case of the Amityville Horror house -- the owner had hyped it up to be haunted by poltergeists, but then sold it to an out-of-state buyer who had no idea about its reputation. The new owner then couldn''t resell it and sued the previous owner for failure to disclose, and won! The opinion in the case is pretty funny, the judge definitely had a sense of humor...he talks about how the buyer didn''t have a ghost of a chance of winning on one issue, quotes the theme song from "Ghostbusters," wonders if psychics or mediums should accompany the Terminex man on home inspections, and...my favorite line..."In the interest of avoiding such untenable consequences, the notion that a haunting is a condition which can and should be ascertained upon reasonable inspection of the premises is a hobgoblin which should be exorcised from the body of legal precedent and laid quietly to rest."

Hehe, I''m such a dork.

That said, I''d definitely check out the house but probably couldn''t be persuaded to buy it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 11:52:23 AM
Author: princesss
One of my friends had a haunted room as well. There were a few on my campus, actually. One ghost had a really strong personality. She was a student that killed herself in the 60s, and she was prone to odd habits. She didn't like posters on one wall (they'd all come off in under a day), she didn't like certain kinds of music, and she really didn't like certain people. But if you played the Beatles about once a week for her, she was happy and would let everything be.
Are you being "punny"? (let it be) Makes sense, she had good taste.
9.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
no.

mz

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you crack me up Tgal... this is a good marketing ploy..... gets those browser to stop and read, and to check out the house if anything... or maybe its reallly haunted.. nonetheless they''d be getting some showings
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe. I'm pretty sure the house I moved into is haunted. On the side of the house in the yard is a make-shift cross in the dirt. Two days after I found the cross, I was in bed dozing and felt a cat jump up on my bed and I looked up and nothing was there. Then later in the night, something came up near my head and was climbing & pawing around. Again I looked, and nothing was there.

Ghost kitty!

ETA - Is Torrance considered a nice area? I'm not familiar with it. I'm just SO glad I do not live in CA. . .$540K for THAT???
14.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 12:23:14 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 4/28/2009 11:52:23 AM
Author: princesss
One of my friends had a haunted room as well. There were a few on my campus, actually. One ghost had a really strong personality. She was a student that killed herself in the 60s, and she was prone to odd habits. She didn''t like posters on one wall (they''d all come off in under a day), she didn''t like certain kinds of music, and she really didn''t like certain people. But if you played the Beatles about once a week for her, she was happy and would let everything be.
Are you being ''punny''? (let it be) Makes sense, she had good taste.
9.gif
Glad you caught it.
1.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 10:39:39 AM
Author: diamondsrock

Date: 4/28/2009 9:02:42 AM

32.gif
ooooh, do share if you want. I''m always interested to hear stories. Doesn''t sound like a friendly haunting though from what you are saying. I hope she can get some help. Maybe a house cleansing?
I would avoid buying a haunted house if possible. Too much potential headache and lack of sleep! I think spirits are all around us though so it would be hard to find a house without any.
LOL

It''s been argued that perhaps its all in their mind. They live in a 3 story house. The third floor was converted into an apartment for my great aunt''s daughter and her two sons. The first and second floor are shared by my great aunt, her son, and his family. Supposedly the father of the family that lived their before them killed his entire family and commited suicide because that''s what the house wanted him to do
40.gif
. Other families have lived there and have gotten sick.

My great aunt didn''t know about this. They aren''t the type of people to get info before moving somewhere. They just purchased and moved in. Since then there have been ghost sightings; one son was paralyzed from fear and wouldn''t talk for about a year; my great aunt was knocked down a flight of stairs; they''ve had the typical lights on/off, water shutting on/off; and supposedly one is talking to the youngest daugter of my great aunt''s son. They''re all physically ill. It''s like their bodies have deteriorated.

Again...can very well be in their heads although my mom went to visit once and before even walking through the front gate she felt overwhelming negativity coming from the place that she decided not to even go in. I won''t be visiting any time soon
3.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 1:33:38 PM

LOL
It's been argued that perhaps its all in their mind. They live in a 3 story house. The third floor was converted into an apartment for my great aunt's daughter and her two sons. The first and second floor are shared by my great aunt, her son, and his family. Supposedly the father of the family that lived their before them killed his entire family and commited suicide because that's what the house wanted him to do
40.gif
. Other families have lived there and have gotten sick.

My great aunt didn't know about this. They aren't the type of people to get info before moving somewhere. They just purchased and moved in. Since then there have been ghost sightings; one son was paralyzed from fear and wouldn't talk for about a year; my great aunt was knocked down a flight of stairs; they've had the typical lights on/off, water shutting on/off; and supposedly one is talking to the youngest daugter of my great aunt's son. They're all physically ill. It's like their bodies have deteriorated.

Again...can very well be in their heads although my mom went to visit once and before even walking through the front gate she felt overwhelming negativity coming from the place that she decided not to even go in. I won't be visiting any time soon
3.gif
Anyone see The Haunting in Connecticut? Well...

OOoooooohweeeeeeoooooooohhhhh
scram.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 1:06:53 PM
Author: MC
Maybe. I''m pretty sure the house I moved into is haunted. On the side of the house in the yard is a make-shift cross in the dirt. Two days after I found the cross, I was in bed dozing and felt a cat jump up on my bed and I looked up and nothing was there. Then later in the night, something came up near my head and was climbing & pawing around. Again I looked, and nothing was there.

Ghost kitty!

ETA - Is Torrance considered a nice area? I''m not familiar with it. I''m just SO glad I do not live in CA. . .$540K for THAT???
14.gif
Some of Torrance is very nice. That area is probably decent. Some of it is pretty yucky. But CA prices are crazy, yes.
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results