shape
carat
color
clarity

Uh-oh

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
So for many many months Ive read with wonder about engagement chicken. Many times i thought to myself - i really should look it up (somewhere along the way i missed what it actually is) and give it a shot...you know, try to move things along
9.gif

Well...i finally did google it, and guess what?

I''ve been making this bleeding chicken, once every two weeks or so, for 5 months
6.gif
29.gif
maybe i havent done a good job of it, or maybe the recipe isnt quite right...but quite frankly i fear that i might be doomed
39.gif
3.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
LOL, Blackpaw! I had the same thought when I first heard about engagement chicken!

But I think my recipe is better...
3.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
ah man!! that sucks!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
that is quite amusing actually! I dont think the recipe would be as big a hit if they just called it lemon chicken, now would it?

But if you''ve been spoiling your man making this every other week.. I might just start putting out Jack Link''s Jerkey, and a can of corn and say, dinner''s served...

Then he might be like... what the heck? where''s the good stuff?

to which you reply... I dont know... WHERE''S MY GOOD STUFF?
31.gif

Bdiddy26

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 10:26:56 AM
Author: tlh
that is quite amusing actually! I dont think the recipe would be as big a hit if they just called it lemon chicken, now would it?

But if you''ve been spoiling your man making this every other week.. I might just start putting out Jack Link''s Jerkey, and a can of corn and say, dinner''s served...

31.gif
Ahahahahahahahaha! That''s a good one!
11.gif
36.gif
9.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
31.gif

HA! Love it
11.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock

31.gif
Too funny, tlh!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock

31.gif

Haha love it
36.gif
though do you know i do add thyme - maybe that''s the problem....but then thyme is of the essence
21.gif
ha, write that joke down it was so hil-arious
9.gif

Im thinking you''re right tlh, ill withold the good stuff and see what he says...im thinking just the chicken''s gotta be worth 1.5cts....and if i withold apple crumble as well surely that''ll tip me over 2cts?
12.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
how many carats would you be up to if you told him where the corn and jerkey are ad that he can get it himself?
3.gif
and i definitely think the apple crumble is worth at least a carat by itself, dessert''s the best part!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Squirrly you''re right - we''re talking crumble here after all
18.gif
2.5 carats it is
12.gif
30.gif

i could get to like this engagement chicken methinks
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honey my husband HATES lemon chicken. I mean HATES. I cannot think of the one thing I could make that would have made him want to marry me less. LOL.

I did make my husband caribean lobster (main dish) with a tomato and blanched leek salad (side dish) once. That''s probably the single most memorable meal I made for him. And it was a PAIN IN THE NECK (4 hours of cooking to make the lobster... had to steam a lobster, get the claw and tail meat out, then make a severly reduced both out of the shells, add rum, some cream and spices and there might have been a rue, chunk up the lobster add chunks of mango to it, toss it in the sauce and then re-stuff the tail shell).

So don''t worry hon. And if you want... try the lobster
3.gif
(pain in the neck-- I got the recipe from a CIA recipe off a TV show, but I''m sure you can google it).

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 9:35:53 PM
Author: Blackpaw

31.gif

Haha love it
36.gif
though do you know i do add thyme - maybe that''s the problem....but then thyme is of the essence
21.gif
ha, write that joke down it was so hil-arious
9.gif

Im thinking you''re right tlh, ill withold the good stuff and see what he says...im thinking just the chicken''s gotta be worth 1.5cts....and if i withold apple crumble as well surely that''ll tip me over 2cts?
12.gif
OMG AND APPLE CRUMBLE ... he has it goooooooood! guess you''d better throw some jelly bellies in a candy dish and call it a day on that one too.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
That darn chicken!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Lobster Gypsy????
6.gif
by previous estimations i reckon we''re looking at 4 carats at least. That is if chipper chicken and apple crumble is worth 2.5cts
9.gif

Sigh, why cant they boys make us engagement chicken and we buy our own diamond erings?
37.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 1:02:07 AM
Sigh, why cant they boys make us engagement chicken and we buy our own diamond erings?
37.gif

because we''d die of laughter watching them clean the chicken and then stuff two lemons up it. and if that doesn''t do it, the "honey, my apples aren''t crumbling" would.
31.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 1:02:07 AM
Lobster Gypsy????
6.gif
by previous estimations i reckon we're looking at 4 carats at least. That is if chipper chicken and apple crumble is worth 2.5cts
9.gif

37.gif
To be fair, he had already proposed. BUT I didn't have the ring yet. Too bad I wasn't a PSer then... wonder if I could have eeked out a little extra size if I had been.
31.gif
Just kidding (cause folks can be a little sensitive), but he still talks about that meal. And no, I haven't made it since... *snort*. Too much trouble. Now we just have Lobster steamed with butter. Just melted, can't even be bothered to clarify the stuff. Ahh... marriage. hehehe

For the record, my husband is an excellent cook. Ten years of training under me, and now he does most of the cooking. Totally worth it.

It'll happen when it's right honey. ((HUGS)).

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I like your style Gypsy - Im slowly training SO to be more adventurous in the kitchen...he''s gone from 2 signature dishes, to 3 under my tutelage
9.gif
and all of them involve ground beef
21.gif
but i do love his enchiladas
31.gif

now squirrly, what would you say if i told you my SO thought that mashed potato came in a packet, and that there was no other way to make it (i blame a former housemate of his!)
36.gif

well he''s no gordon ramsay, but ill continue to make him engagement chicken and see if i can wear him down...and in the meantime ill work on my lobster
12.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
well i''d start by telling him they also come in a box. and that what starts out as little flakes that look kinda like snow magically becomes mashed potatoes with a little water. it sounds like one box and some water might distract him for awhile
3.gif

then i''d probably introduce him to my friend, Tater the potato and tell him he wants to sit in the hot tub but can''t do so fully dressed so while the pot of water''s getting hot enough he needs to be peeled. then after he''s done swimming with a few friends i''d hand him the masher and tell him to take out all of his frustrations on them and beat them up cause one of the spuds made fun of you and as a good BF he should go knock em out
25.gif

and then you''ve got him trained on mashed potatoes hehe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results