shape
carat
color
clarity

Uh oh -- what do you do if you''ve been sized three times, with three different results??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
The Neverending BG Ring Quest, Part 2 :)

Boyfriend and I have been to a bunch of jewelers. I''ve been sized three times:

1) In August, in the afternoon, at a high-end jeweler in DC (I Gorman) -- 5.75

2) In September, in the late morning, at Qwest -- 5.5

3) In September, in the late morning, at Protea (awesome diamond dealer, BTW, for anyone in the DC area) -- 6 *granted, I was sick and bloated from six straight days of lots of soup*

Boyfriend thinks we should order a 5.5. I think a 5.75? But what do you all think? It wasn''t that hot any of the days, but was excessively humid the day we went to Protea

Paz

Rough_Rock
I''m very similar to you; size 5.5 when it''s cooler and 5.75 in warmer weather. I decided to go with the 5.75 because I can wear it all the time and I prefer my rings to fit a little loose.

Do you prefer a tighter ring or a little more room? How often do your hands swell (I''m in FL so they''re always puffy)?

I''d say go for the 5.75 and see how you like it. If it''s too big you can always have it sized lower or put sizing beads in it.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
emsmile.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
find a silver or base metal ring that fits well wear it for a week to make sure then send it to them to match the size.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I go from a 6.25 in coldest winter to a 7.5 in sticky August. My rings only really fit in the fall. I tend to get them a little loose and wear them with a plastic sizer on cold days--if they''re small enough to fit right in winter, I can''t wear them at all in summer.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
go with 5.75... its a nice inbetween size, I range from 3.75-4.25

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much!! It''s nice to know my inconsistencies aren''t freakish

I have two rings that fit beautifully, and I think they''re both 5.75 :) So that seems right to me

JSRNM

Shiny_Rock
They are not freakish at all.
I was fitted recently and one person came up with 5 3/4, the next 6 1/2 so go figure. I went with 6.5 because I prefer my rings lose and do not want to fight to get them over my knuckles.
For my RHR I was measured at 6.5, when I went back to the jeweler after sushi and vodka we decided on a 7. It was only a few hours later. lol

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Mmm ... sushi and vodka. That sounds like a winner of a dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results